• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gold + Silver PS4 Slims Announced - "Days of Play" Sales Event Incoming (Jun 9 to 17)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
35004590491_79dfff7fa3ebe0.jpg

Silver PS4's:

Silver only officially confirmed by European Website so far, expect a US confirmation soon.

Gold PS4's and "Days of Play" Sales Event:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...s4-slim-days-play-sales-event-confirmed-sony/

The 1TB Gold PS4 Slim will be released on June 9 for $249.99 USD/$329.99 CAD in the United States and Canada as part of the nine-day Days of Play event, which will also feature discounts on games and accessories. After the sale ends on June 17, the Gold PS4 Slim will go up to the standard $299.99 USD price.

As for Days of Play, the event will run from Friday, June 9 to Saturday, June 17 in every country that sells PlayStations, with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe President Jim Ryan telling Glixel:

The PlayStation Store will see something cheap every day. We're intrigued to see how people respond to the event at a time that's traditionally very quiet for games. We're going to have some really good deals.

According to a leaked Target flyer and a leaked Best Buy flyer, you can expect to get these for $39.99 USD next week: DualShock 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, MLB The Show 17, Mass Effect Andromeda, Prey, Resident Evil 7, and For Honor. Battlefield 1 and Grand Theft Auto V will be $29.99 USD.

Ahead of Days of Play, Best Buy is already selling Nioh and MLB The Show 17 for $39.99 USD.

Expect more details on Days of Play later this week.

---- Update -----

PLAYSTATION-PS4-Slim-500-GB-Silver

https://www.mediamarkt.be/fr/product/_playstation-ps4-slim-500-gb-silver-1667525.html

Silver PS4 available to pre order, 379 Euros.

big fake

More hyped for PSN store sale than the Gold PS4, but price drop for 1TB is pretty fantastic even if it is for only a week.

Shin

Banned
Very smart move on Sony's part, it's well thought out (E3, hype, new games, etc etc).

What is going on with the Canadian dollar? It seems stuff is getting more expensive there by the day.

250 is such a good price.
I wish I lived in the US =[

What is going on with the Canadian dollar? It seems stuff is getting more expensive there by the day.

250 is such a good price.
I wish I lived in the US =[

Oil sucks

Edit: there's a lot more to it than that but yeah these last few years have been difficult to adjust to. Everything costs like 30% more than it did in 2010 but most of our salaries have changed little or not at all.

hawk2025

"Very quiet"

I bought very recently:

Injustice 2
The Surge
Tekken 7
Cladun Returns
Operation Babel
LocoRoco
Polybius

Stop it Sony

ZeoVGM

Banned
They gonna put Ape Escape 2 on sale during this event... cause they're totally going to announce a new Ape Escape.

Just putting Ape Escape 3 in the North American store, finally, would make me happy.

(But they should also announce Ape Escape 4 alongside this.)

Toni

Sony is going absolutely nuts with these deals/events lol. Every month there are huge deals taking place on the store.

Huge contrast from last gen.

THE:MILKMAN

Have Sony given a reason for this gold edition? I just can't see it would be something many users would request as it is so tacky and garish.

Top Bottom