• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (Activision) - Amazon.fr Says Xbox 360/PS3

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
qN36m.jpg

I thought the whole thing was that it couldn't go on a non-Nintendo console?

mclem

A sequel - good or otherwise - would take the abuse of the "Goldeneye" name from the ridiculous to the... even more ridiculous. I mean, Rogue Agent was ludicrous enough...

Effect

VOOK said:

I thought the whole thing was that it couldn't go on a non-Nintendo console?

I thought that was the case as well when it came to specifically making a Goldeneye 007 game and using that particular name. Something about Nintendo being part owner of the trademark as far as gaming was concerned.

Penguin

TunaLover said:
Enhanced HD port probably, Wii U/PS3/360
I think the original didn't sell too well.

Thought the original sold decently?

Was on the European charts for a bit anyhow. And well think coming out in Japan this week.

wrowa

TunaLover said:
I think the original didn't sell too well.
It outsold Bloodstone, for what it's worth.

Anyway, "Reloaded" sure sounds like a port. Probably to either the HD consoles or the 3DS.

[Nintex]

There was a rumor that GoldenEye was coming to the 3DS back when the thing was revealed at E3 2010, wouldn't surprise me.

Jocchan said:
Not sure it's that likely, actually. GoldenEye is a legal minefield.

I thought that that was only the case for GoldenEye XBLA because that project was based on the code/assets for the original N64 game, which the Wii game isn't.

XPE

Effect said:
I thought that was the case as well when it came to specifically making a Goldeneye 007 game and using that particular name. Something about Nintendo being part owner of the trademark as far as gaming was concerned.

I don’t think its the name, I think its something stupid like the level design and the code for the game Nintendo owns.

If the do port it to the 3DS i hope they put in some of the classic levels from the Goldeneye 64, they were the only things missing from the wii version.

Edit: I think Goldeneye sold more than a million copys from what i can remember.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I would be surprised that they release this to HD consoles. I thought Nintendo helped in the production of the Wii game? Probably just a 3DS port.

Jackano

At least the game is much more fitting the 3DS hardware in term of technology scale. I was very disapointed with the Wii game, I didn't own a ps360 so I only imagine how laughtable it was for anyone who experienced a modern FPS this gen.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Father_Brain said:
I thought that that was only the case for GoldenEye XBLA because that project was based on the code/assets for the original N64 game, which the Wii game isn't.
That's just for the Rare-owned stuff. Not sure what Nintendo does own, honestly.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
3DS rumours circulated, and I'm not sure what legality is involved when it comes to GoldenEye and Nintendo. The remake might avoid the loop holes of the original, but you can bet your arse that if Nintendo had any part in the remake they'll be clinging onto it for as long as humanly possible.

So, if Nintendo had their hand in the GoldenEye remake, I'm betting on a 3DS port. If Nintendo had nothing to do with the remake, HD port it is.

If it is the latter, I hope people buy it. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I was extremely cynical about the remake for nearly the entirety of its development. What we ended up with was one of the best Bond games ever made. Fantastic level design, varied gameplay, solid shooting, a true 'evolution' of the stealth style of the original GoldenEye, great production values, and a faithful adaptaion of GoldenEye for a modern age and a Craig Bond.

Its legitimately one of the most solid single player shooters of this generation.

Penguin

Jackano said:
At least the game is much more fitting the 3DS hardware in term of technology scale. I was very disapointed with the Wii game, I didn't own a ps360 so I only imagine how laughtable it was for anyone who experienced a modern FPS this gen.

Really?
It has one of my favorite FPS campaigns of the generation, and I've played a ton of them.

Also a huge Bond fanboy so could help.

kodt

Banned
What should happen:

1. Goldeneye 007 (N64 version) re-mastered in 3D for 3DS with online play.
2. Goldeneye 007 released on Wii VC
3. Nintendo allows Microsoft to release Goldeneye XBLA remake

Jackano said:

i enjoyed it pretty much more than any other FPS this gen (it's not exactly my favourite genre but i've played a few). its level design, pacing and controls were totally spot on.

would probably buy a 3DS remake of remake.

Sadist

Yeah, not to sure about PS3/360 versions. The original code is with Nintendo, Activision has the rights to the Bond IP and Rare... ugh I don't know

[Nintex]

I believe in the case of GoldenEye XBLA it was a mess between faces of actors, code from Nintendo, code from Rare, licenses from all sorts of parties including car manufacturers etc. Rare figured that everyone would be as happy with a GE remake as they were not fully realizing the legal implications.

I actually thought Bloodstone was pretty good. It's got some high and low moments, but the high moments made it worth it for me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
Just had a thought, no dual analogs. Hmmm.

As someone who loves the hand cramping precision of first person aiming with the touch pad, it wouldn't bother me.

Hell I like aiming on the touch pad more than dual analogue.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sadist said:
Wait that pic isn't shopped what

Nope, it's a trailer of the Wii version from the Japanese eShop. Looks awesome on the screen.

Forgot about touch pad controls! I really should go to bed...

EatChildren

In terms of GoldenEye 3DS, these were Activision's comments on the subject;

Although reluctant to take focus away from the Wii, which GoldenEye will be arriving on exclusively, Activision's Julian Widdow's talked up Nintendo's 3D tech:

"Let's put it this way I think we would all love to think that GoldenEye may make it onto the 3DS," Widdows told CVG.

"Today we're talking about the Wii, but yeah if you were at E3 and you played with the 3DS it's a great bit of hardware and we'd love to see it on there. But we don't know, there're no plans yet."

"I think if Nintendo approached us we'd consider anything," Widdows laughed.

GoldenEye 007 was outed for Wii at the beginning of June. The remake is in the hands of Eurocom rather than original developers Rare.

CVG

[Nintex]

FoneBone said:
If the rumors are anything to go by, the ownership of the original code is actually split between Microsoft and Nintendo.
The problem is that at this point the people who know who owns what have long left Rare just like the people working on the remake.

Top Bottom