• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

duckroll

Sidebar apparently sent the patch to Nintendo 10 days ago. Really hoping it's made available to users soon, so my broken save can be made whole again.

What happened to your save? There might be a solution to unbreak it. I managed to unbreak mine. Sucks that it even happens though.

What happened to your save? There might be a solution to unbreak it. I managed to unbreak mine. Sucks that it even happens though.

If you save and quit during the party in the Tidy Park area, your character becomes very small when you resume the game. You can't interact with anything or leave the area, thus completely breaking the game. You can't exit to the world map either, which would probably fix the issue.

Here's a video of the bug

BTA

Alternative idea: Once you get to Tidy Park you don't stop playing until it's done.

Not even this is necessary. The section in question isn’t at the start of the course and isn’t that long; maybe like 30 minutes? Just make sure you have time to spare while playing so you can get through it when you start that bit.

Mollymauk

If you save and quit during the party in the Tidy Park area, your character becomes very small when you resume the game. You can't interact with anything or leave the area, thus completely breaking the game. You can't exit to the world map either, which would probably fix the issue.

Hmm, I played through that whole chapter last night, but can't remember if I saved in the building. Guess I'll find out tonight!

ryushe

Man, the match against
Lucky
is incredibly frustrating.

I hit two hole-in-ones for my first two holes then the next 3 of my shots bounce out of bounds.. Really wish there was a restart the match option.

dLMN8R

Ok, how am I supposed to complete that one putting challenge at the very top of Tidy Park? I hold left-trigger to extend my putting range, and then I max out the strength meter for every single one of my 6 putts, and stay on the fairway as much as possible, but every time the closest I can get is a couple meters from the hole.

Is there some trick I'm missing? The other similar putting challenge later in the game was so much easier!

Ok, how am I supposed to complete that one putting challenge at the very top of Tidy Park? I hold left-trigger to extend my putting range, and then I max out the strength meter for every single one of my 6 putts, and stay on the fairway as much as possible, but every time the closest I can get is a couple meters from the hole.

Is there some trick I'm missing? The other similar putting challenge later in the game was so much easier!

That's what I did and it worked . . . after several annoying attempts.

You saved me haha im playing Tidy Park section right now. I almost quit it to do something else. Thanks!

Cerium

What's the best way to grind levels?

At a point where it takes about 7 rounds at wellworn to level up

You shouldn't ever need to grind. Just do all the sidequests and you'll end the game around Level 35 which is more than enough to dominate the final tournament.

Does the fact that some people don't run into bugs mean that they don't need to patch the game?
Of course not.

Discussion about running and not running into bugs should be equally valid topics in a thread where somebody might be trying to decide whether to play this game.

I've seen people avoiding buying or playing the game because they're scared by the bug discussion. I'm just trying to counterbalance this with my positive experience.

duckroll

Of course not.

Discussion about running and not running into bugs should be equally valid topics in a thread where somebody might be trying to decide whether to play this game.

I've seen people avoiding buying or playing the game because they're scared by the bug discussion. I'm just trying to counterbalance this with my positive experience.

That's not really how I think it works. When people buy software they expect it to work. Someone having a less buggy experience is not some extra positive perk, it's stuff working as it is expected to. If people are scared of bugs, they should absolutely be avoiding this game until it is patched. When some people play through the game without running into them and some people run into tons of them, it means the software is not stable. Something working as expected should not be a gamble.

DogDude

Is galf just purposely impossible? First round I got +36. Is there any point to do well? I've beaten everything else in the game.

Unai

Uh, how do I play Galf? I'm stuck. The only thing I can do is open the manual or stretch the screen.

Edit: It seems it was a bug. I closed the game and opened again and it worked. Good thing it auto saves.

Wood Man

Tried the final tournament and I just barely lost. Getting used to the high winds and slopes is a challenge. And these holes are long. I mean that last hole is a par 6. Damn

I suck at putting, but I'm pretty darn good with my chip ins. In fact I'd rather get in a bunker close to the hole over taking a medium length putt.

But I'm loving this game. I'm about 21 hours, Level 35, no grinding. I only replayed one course.

Was breezing through this game no problem. I am ready to smash my Switch into pieces at this final course, though. I know I should just take a break, and that when I came back to it I'd get it done no problem. Instead I'm sitting here getting pissed trying over and over again.

Uh, how do I play Galf? I'm stuck. The only thing I can do is open the manual or stretch the screen.

Edit: It seems it was a bug. I closed the game and opened again and it worked. Good thing it auto saves.
See FAQ in OP. You can quit GALF during a round, by pressing + to open the pause menu, but not from its menu screen.

Still no patch? Waiting for that to bite.
not yet.

Was breezing through this game no problem. I am ready to smash my Switch into pieces at this final course, though. I know I should just take a break, and that when I came back to it I'd get it done no problem. Instead I'm sitting here getting pissed trying over and over again.
Try changing your clubs.

Top Bottom