• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye Volcano High Review Thread |OT| Snootjob

What scores do you think Goodbye Volcano High will get?

• 30-35%

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • 35-40$

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 75 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
No, they're just scared to buy it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

7ECS9SS.jpg

Couldnt make this shit up.
Is this about that dev being a pedo? Or is it about the dev being a fan of Harry Potter?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Era wondering why nobody is covering this "game" is a fantastic example of the bubble they live in.

No one cares about it except mentally ill individuals (who likely can't afford to buy it) and shitposters. Especially when one of the year's biggest titles is coming out in just a few days.

And you know, even when presented with this fact, it will be "Oh, mercy, how far we have fallen when the majority of the world is wrong!" instead of taking off the ADIDAS, putting down the Kool Aid and stepping outside of the bunker.

Era wondering why nobody is covering this "game" is a fantastic example of the bubble they live in.

No one cares about it except mentally ill individuals (who likely can't afford to buy it) and shitposters. Especially when one of the year's biggest titles is coming out in just a few days.
Serious question, what do you mean mentally ill individuals? If you're just throwing those words around, it's not cool.

Brigandier

This game looks absolutely fucking garbage. Nothing good about this one in my opinion and it’s being released the same week as Starfield early access? Good job!

How about fuck off you terf... You're only hating because you don't like good games and are jumping on a clear bandwagon like all you racist bigots on GAF always do you fascists.

Let me guess you'd rather play GoW, FF, Starfield or Spiderman... That's the problem with cis cunts like you people you all like shit games you're an incel brotherhood who wouldn't know a GOTY if it hit you in the balls.

Volcano High is too deep and thoughtful for your small minded smooth brains.

/s

Last edited:

RavageX

This is still going on? PISS ON IT already. If it were a physical copy I would purchase it just to burn it. (not really, that costs money)

6 hours of lifelong regret is not worth it. Go do drugs or something more productive than play this.

I'm a peaceful guy, but this makes me angry.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
How about fuck off you terf... You're only hating because you don't like good games and are jumping on a clear bandwagon like all you racist bigots on GAF always do you fascists.

Let me guess you'd rather play GoW, FF, Starfield or Spiderman... That's the problem with cis cunts like you people you all like shit games you're an incel brotherhood who wouldn't know a GOTY if it hit you in the balls.

/s
To be fair, you have to have a very high emotional IQ to understand Goodbye Volcano High. The gender identities are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical pronouns most of the relationships will go over a typical gamer's head. There's also Fang's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- their personal philosophy draws heavily from the Columbine shooting for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the emotional capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these genders, to realise that they're not just woke- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike GVH truly ARE bigots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Reed's existential catchphrase "bro," which itself is a cryptic reference to marijuana culture. I'm literally shaking thinking of those addlepated shitlords scratching their heads in confusion as Ko-op's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I hate them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Goodbye Volcano High tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the they/them's eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 woke points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel xir 😎

Last edited:

Brigandier

To be fair, you have to have a very high emotional IQ to understand Goodbye Volcano High. The gender identities are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical pronouns most of the relationships will go over a typical gamer's head. There's also Fang's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- their personal philosophy draws heavily from the Columbine shooting for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the emotional capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these genders, to realise that they're not just woke- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike GVH truly ARE bigots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Reee's existential catchphrase "bro," which itself is a cryptic reference to marijuana culture. I'm literally shaking thinking of those addlepated shitlords scratching their heads in confusion as Ko-op's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I hate them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Goodbye Volcano High tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the they/them's eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 woke points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel xir 😎
Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

/s
First Half GIF

Draugoth

Gold Member
Jesus, is that true? They liked Harry potter??

I jest. Thats just fucked up. Seems like it really has had a troubled past. Probably why no one wants to touch it.

One of the devs was exposed as a pedophile, one of the reasons the game got delayed.

The game had zero marketing outside of the clout surrounding it.

Unknown?

/s
Is this sarcasm? Lots of words here that are used incorrectly.

Yoboman

Review codes have not been provided to any outlets with a bias against furries. Any early reviews you see are only from the biggest furry fetish lovers

RavageX

To be fair, you have to have a very high emotional IQ to understand Goodbye Volcano High. The gender identities are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical pronouns most of the relationships will go over a typical gamer's head. There's also Fang's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- their personal philosophy draws heavily from the Columbine shooting for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the emotional capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these genders, to realise that they're not just woke- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike GVH truly ARE bigots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Reee's existential catchphrase "bro," which itself is a cryptic reference to marijuana culture. I'm literally shaking thinking of those addlepated shitlords scratching their heads in confusion as Ko-op's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I hate them. 😂

I am afraid you are too good at this.

That in itself is a problem.

(joking of course)

Drizzlehell

Banned
Do we have a list of reputable people here? I only want to read their OT's. Mods help.
I am very reputable. I only have vaginal sex with straight women, have Sunday barbeques, drink Pabst Blue Ribbon with the boys every night after a game of bowling, and fire my goddamned rifle every fourth of July!

That being said, it is my belief that if you play this game then you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Puscifer

I know it's about the journey and not the destination, but I can't help but feel that experiencing this game's story is completely pointless if it all ends with an asteroid impact.

Not that I'd be interested in this they/them snootfest otherwise.
True, but I guess it's more about the journey vs destination thing. Plenty of movies open with the ending and you start the journey like, even as far back as Sunset Boulevard and All About Eve

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I am very reputable. I only have vaginal sex with straight women, have Sunday barbeques, drink Pabst Blue Ribbon with the boys every night after a game of bowling, and fire my goddamned rifle every fourth of July!

That being said, it is my belief that if you play this game then you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

There's more going on in this OT than in the Immortals one :messenger_pensive:

Puscifer

I know it's about the journey and not the destination, but I can't help but feel that experiencing this game's story is completely pointless if it all ends with an asteroid impact.

Not that I'd be interested in this they/them snootfest otherwise.
True, but I guess it's more about the journey vs destination thing. Plenty of movies open with the ending and you start the journey like, even as far back as Sunset Boulevard and All About Eve

Top Bottom