• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Android O reveal event (August 21 at 2:40pm et)

They should get rid of names altogether. Android 8 Beta and Android 8.

Z7HeRxU.png

I predict a robot pounding a sign into the ground is about to show up.

Z7HeRxU.png

Socivol

So did they announce anything we didn't already know? Or did the website just upset to show the name and the functionality we knew about months ago?

lcbrus

Weird!

My Pixel XL was on DP4 and the OTA was pushed (65MB) and it got upgraded to 8.0.

Now another update (still 8.0) is being downloaded (950MB)

Daedardus

I'm not a fan of this. Didn't like when they did it with Android KitKat (Android.4.4) either.

It's a harmless cross-brand promotion, it doesn't influence the design of the product at all. Unless you're some kind of extreme anti-consumerist, I don't know why it should bother anyone.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Oreos are scust.

Expecting this android version to suck.

I mean, just look at these awful new emojis. They look like they're from an Open Source project, like Tango, except worse. Scust. Scust. Scust. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

fRKGhTF.jpg

Also, that website is janky in Safari. I know they only care about Chrome, but c'mon.

eizarus

Banned
Wow... People getting annoyed that they're using Oreo... Smh. It's just a name. There's no impact on appearance or functionality. KitKat was evidence of that.

Man that instant apps sounds amazing.

man, i wonder if note 5 is getting it in case i dont buy note 8 day one (the prices are kinda putting me off lol)

im pretty sure my s3 tab is getting since is new or so i hope

sarcastor

My Moto g4 is on 7.0 with security updates from 3/17. I'm gonna say another 10 months befire I get Oreo. If this phone gets it.

vio

Oreos are scust.

Expecting this android version to suck.

I mean, just look at these awful new emojis. They look like they're from an Open Source project, like Tango, except worse. Scust. Scust. Scust. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

fRKGhTF.jpg

Also, that website is janky in Safari. I know they only care about Chrome, but c'mon.

Graidents ...gradients everywhere.

How come Android updates take so long to be released? :\

It's not Android, it's Samsung.

Samsung takes baseline Android then modifies it into their "OS", TouchWiz.

Which is fabulous on the S8+, and on the S7 Edge. Wasn't so great in past iterations.

Anyway, it typically takes a bit for Samsung to tear up and rebuild stock Android into TouchWiz each update cycle.

I love TouchWiz now, I doubt I'll ever get a phone that's not Samsung

Klotera

So, Verizon is pushing this out today to Pixel phones. Just got my update. I think they're actually getting this out before Google gets it to non-carrier Pixels.

Credit to Verizon for sticking to their word that they wouldn't be a holdup for Pixel updates.

Top Bottom