• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google broken?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Suddenly a lot of my searches (using the Google search bar on my Pixel 6) just end up like this:

(I was going to post an image here, but the "+ Image" button on GAF is broken as well.)

But basically I just get "Your search - armored core - did not match any documents". It's incredibly annoying, and also astounding that Google can't even keep their main service working. They really suck.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok, the image upload button works on replies but not when creating new threads I guess:

fDXq0p8.png

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's just you, working fine here

0OLjHtu.png

EDIT: Maybe it's specific to some Google data centers, lots of reports on Down Detector from users saying their Google searches are coming up blank like OPs

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's just you, working fine here

0OLjHtu.png

EDIT: Maybe it's specific to some Google data centers, lots of reports on Down Detector from users saying their Google searches are coming up blank like OPs

Yeah, a bunch of people on Reddit reporting the same thing.

Z O N E

Googling is over, everyone is Binging now.

I mean, jokes aside, I actually dropped Google for Bing and those reward points have been adding up so damn good for me, especially when you include the Xbox/PC/Phone stuff too.

I got my Xbox Series X for free basically. Got myself Air Pods. Saved up and then I got myself an iPad and Apple Pen. Now I currently have around 370k points.

Shit adds up. 😂

-Minsc-

This Bing point thing is news to me. Is the short of it that Bing company pays me to collect all my search data?

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I mean, jokes aside, I actually dropped Google for Bing and those reward points have been adding up so damn good for me, especially when you include the Xbox/PC/Phone stuff too.
So I just learned that you get points for searching from Bing and I had enough saved up to get a $5 Amazon gift card and almost enough to get a $10 one.

Yes, you do. And then you don't have to use Google! I'll die on this hill.

Yep, I use Bing to search on my PC, phone, and I use the Xbox app along with the Xbox. $15 adds up in about a month. Covers most of my game pass.

This Bing point thing is news to me. Is the short of it that Bing company pays me to collect all my search data?
More searches on their search engine equals more clicks. More clicks equals more accurate search results for the next person. More accurate search results means more people using bing to search instead of google. To help push this along, they made a bing points system years ago to encourage people to search, and you earn points with every search you make on bing. The next best thing they did was acquire ChatGPT and integrate it into bing for even better results.

Short answer: Yes.

Z O N E

Pretty much essentially.

So depending which country you're from, you can earn a certain number of points per day. So, for me, I earn about 600 or a bit more a day. Then you have the monthly 1000/2000 point ones. The weekly Game Pass quests. It's crazy how much you can actually make.

You could pay off your Game Pass membership just from reward points so if you want that for free, there you have it.

Top Bottom