• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP Debate lineup announced, Christie/Huckabee bumped (Nov 10th, Fox Business)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
fbndebatetop310_20151105_195615.jpg

Fox Business Network on Thursday announced the candidate line-up for the Nov. 10 Republican presidential debates.

The candidates qualifying for the prime-time, 9 p.m. ET debate are:

Billionaire businessman Donald Trump; retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson; Florida Sen. Marco Rubio; Texas Sen. Ted Cruz; former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush; former HP CEO Carly Fiorina; Ohio Gov. John Kasich; and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.

The candidates qualifying for the earlier, 7 p.m. ET debate are:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie; former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee; Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal; and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum.

The criteria were different than for past debates. In a change, Christie and Huckabee ‎did not qualify for the prime-time event, while former New York Gov. George Pataki and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham did not qualify for either; neither did ex-Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore.

To qualify for the prime-time debate, a candidate had to score 2.5 percent or higher in an average of the four most recent national polls. Candidates scoring under that had to receive at least 1 percent support in at least one of the four most recent national polls to qualify for the 7 p.m. debate.

The four polls used were conducted by: Fox News; Investor’s Business Daily/TIPP; Quinnipiac University; and The Wall Street Journal/NBC News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-fox-business-networkwsj-debate/?intcmp=hpbt1

Didn't see that coming.

About time they cut the main debate down a bit, although having such a small undercard debate still seems so weird to me. Like, why bother doing it if it's just four dudes?

My prediction: after the debate, Jeb will soar to first in the polls.

Jeb can fix it!

And literally, I mean that he can pay off the organizers and moderators to make him seem like the best candidate.

Kusagari

Dammit, we're getting no Graham at all now?

I need to hear him spin every question into war in the middle east!

woolley

My prediction: after the debate, Jeb will soar to first in the polls.

Jeb can fix it!

And literally, I mean that he can pay off the organizers and moderators to make him seem like the best candidate.

One debate isn't going to help him more than one or two percentage points, if he wants to see any gains he needs people to start dropping out.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
OMG, to be able to hear an audio recording of Christie when they give him the bad news would be priceless.

Huh. No Christie..thought he was on the come up from the way the media has been fellating him. The Georgia peach from South Carolina will be missed..

I agree. Start whittling it down, or don't.

There is one good reason to keep the undercard debate that way, though. Jeb Bush's utter devastation when he's sitting next to Bobby Jindal arguing about who deserves to sit at the big kids table will be deeply satisfying.

Slayven

christie's new green room

4066384049_6029d7c20a.jpg

There is one good reason to keep the undercard debate that way, though. Jeb Bush's utter devastation when he's sitting next to Bobby Jindal arguing about who deserves to sit at the big kids table will be deeply satisfying.

Bush tears would be delicious

HylianTom

Banned
Bush is done. Now I'd like to see Rubio mortally wounded.

We either need one of the wacky unelectable outsiders to be the nominee, or for the allegedly viable establishment candidate to exit this process down a few pints of blood and struggling to limp into the general.

Bluegrass12

Neo Member
So we're finally down to eight. Still too many in my opinion, but I hope this cuts into Ben Carson's nap time now that he'll be called on more often. As for the rest, Trump will continue to entertain, and Rubio will continue to impress establishment republicans while Bush tries to salvage what's left of his dignity.

Hexa

I'm betting Fiorina and Kasich will be gone soon. End of December at the latest.
I think Bush is going to stick it out for the long haul to a point despite knowing he has little chance hoping for a miracle (which considering the field has a good chance of happening). Same with Cruz. And Rand won't quit till the end just like his father.
Carson is probably going to stay doing well, but I think when it comes down to it, he'll flop hard.
I'm guessing its going to be either Trump or Rubio and I'm betting on Trump.

To be fair, he's the only one I can see as a serious candidate for the US presidency. The rest, in all fairness, are mere clowns..just like Sarah Palin and that anti-gay woman who's married to a closeted gay man.

Rand Paul is arguably the craziest person on the entire side of the GOP.

Don't let reasonable views on drugs and foreign policy distract you from the fact that he is the worst on every other issue out there.

User1608

Banned
He was damn annoying in the last debate, glad he got the boot.

I would just drop out at this point if I were him, that's just too embarrassing.
It's pretty crazy just a couple years ago Christie was considered a viable candidate in a GE. Now he's not even in the main primary debate.
More like a bellyflop huehuehuehue...
LOl. Brutal.
If anything, Cruz is in an actual position to win it all.
I'm not going to lie, I'm really impressed with his run. Ahead of Jeb? Solid all things considered.

Makai

To be fair, he's the only one I can see as a serious candidate for the US presidency. The rest, in all fairness, are mere clowns..just like Sarah Palin and that anti-gay woman who's married to a closeted gay man.
Libertarians are far out of the mainstream presidential politics.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Fox Business GOP Debate |OT| The Farce Awakens
Fox Business GOP Debate |OT| Survival Series

I believe you're referring to Michelle "Crazy-Eyes" Bachmann.

Hexa

So he saying Trump isn't really racist enough for the party?

lol. That's what it sounds like he was implying but it just sounds so bizarre for him of all people to imply that I didn't comment on it.
Like, even if racists don't vote for Trump, they're most certainly not going to be voting for him. So why?

So Rubio accused Trump of not actually being against immigrants and actually secretly supporting the DREAM act and amnesty but just pretending to be against illegal immigrants to run for president.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...on_immigration_just_to_run_for_president.html

272b82c92c10ec2d9bde7406edb3077811b29ef205a7c5432a51f77c0665f840.jpg

The idea that Trump is "pretending" to be racist just to run as a Republican is pretty funny. The fact that this idea is coming from another Republican candidate is hilarious.

Trump is going to destroy him over this. He has plenty to work with here.

rjinaz

No Fallout references yet? I'm disappointed.

But yeah I'll be far too busy playing Fallout 4 to watch this. Maybe I'll record it and then read the thread the next day for kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom