• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.
who do you guys think will win this season's Hell's Kitchen? i'd say Ryan.

Can we all just stop and appreciate the amount of work Ramsay puts out, and the fact that this show has basically kept the same format for all these years? All these other reality shows always changing shit up, changing the rules, etc to either breathe life into a stale format or ward off viewer attrition. And yet Hell's Kitchen remains the show it always has been. That is a testament to Ramsay's amazing talent, in my opinion. People love his stuff and I fucking love this show. But, I haven't been watching this season. Just wanted to say that piece.

Can we all just stop and appreciate the amount of work Ramsay puts out, and the fact that this show has basically kept the same format for all these years? All these other reality shows always changing shit up, changing the rules, etc to either breathe life into a stale format or ward off viewer attrition. And yet Hell's Kitchen remains the show it always has been. That is a testament to Ramsay's amazing talent, in my opinion. People love his stuff and I fucking love this show. But, I haven't been watching this season. Just wanted to say that piece.

yeah i agree with you, i despise reality shows but i love watching Ramsay's shows like Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares.

i think they have kind of changed it a little from the past, a lot of the challenges now seem more gimmicky than before. and the way they separate the team into men and women always gives an advantage to the women lol.

Quixzlizx

watching some of the earlier seasons of hells kitchen. God the American narration sounds so bad to mine ears.

You have to think of it like you're watching a campy B-movie. The melodramatic narration and that one wailing note whenever someone fucks up crack me up. I want to download that sound effect onto my phone and play it whenever anyone around me screws up.

Still working my way through this glorious show...

Just saw UK Season 4 / Episode 2: Piccolo Teatro:

Looked up what happened next after the cameras left, from this site:
Gordon revisits, the restaurant closed a few weeks after filming and Rachel's father was left to repay the loans.
Rachel went on to become a hooker. India was initially offered work experience by Gordon Ramsay at Boxwood, she then went on to work at Shaw's International Bistro, Cafe Fish and is currently Head Chef at Jeremiah's Taproom. The restaurant was still for sale in 2010. L'Alimentari opened in the space in 2012 and reviews are mostly good.

WTF? Is that for real?

You have to think of it like you're watching a campy B-movie. The melodramatic narration and that one wailing note whenever someone fucks up crack me up. I want to download that sound effect onto my phone and play it whenever anyone around me screws up.

Lol yeah that eerie haunting noise with the high pitch. Chug a beer every time you hear that noise.

I also don't get the diary room moments like at that point they do them they must already know the outcome.

Finished season 4 of the US HK. And they are diary rooming their feelings about whats happening, even at the finale door opening . I'm like "surely you know what's happened now sincw you're doing a diary room bit"

I mostly hate that big brother shit. But I don't doubt the sincerity of the contestants some of the break downs so far have been great to watch.

LNBL

Holy shit just started the Amy bakery episode. 2 minutes in and this is hilarious. Love how she yells arabic words at random as well hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom