• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got an Xbox Live update right now...

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Phloxy said:
Apparently anybody with a hacked Xbox can't play Modern Warfare 2, Blops, and Halo Reach. Talk about getting pwned lol.
why would anyone with a hacked xbox even have it hooked up to the internet? They were just asking for it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Family Fry said:
So they can play a game they didn't pay for on a serivce they are paying for?
That makes pefect sense now. DOH.
it makes perfect sense if you want to get caught.

hehehe makes perfect sense if your an idiot more like, cheeky bastards.
Loved on another forum some guy was saying about updating.
"the update was taking a while and I felt alarm bells rining, this couldn't be a small update like major nelson said. I can feel the banhammer wrath coming."

big_z

The more they screw over piraters the better.

That said this updated scared the shit out of me. The pop up Froze bayonetta for about 30 seconds on the last boss. Then I Thought my gamertag was going to be banned for the 3rd time this year. all turned out fine though. Took quite a long time to finish the update though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
big_z said:
The more they screw over piraters the better.

That said this updated scared the shit out of me. The pop up Froze bayonetta for about 30 seconds on the last boss. Then I Thought my gamertag was going to be banned for the 3rd time this year. all turned out fine though. Took quite a long time to finish the update though.
Heh.

Daigoro

dallow_bg said:
I thought people playing modded 360s online was a thing of the past.

not even close. after each update a new version of whatever firmware they use comes out and they mod another round of boxes until the next big update comes out. rinse/repeat.

sangreal said:
It's okay, they can just use their original copies for a few days until someone makes a patch for their backups.

the hell? why would they have actual copies of the game if they can just get a pirated copy? i guess some do, but probably not most.

of course if this update banned the consoles from live then they wont be playing shit until they get a new xbox and a legit copy of the game or wait for the new round of firmware to come out so they can play their pirated copies again.

i know at least one guy on my list i wont be seeing on BLOPS or REACH any time soon. and i will mock him.

Wario64 said:
JdAna.jpg

Due to popular demand, we have added "boot to disc" feature with the latest Xbox Live patch

With a free Resi 5 announcement theme to celebrate?

Cheech

Daigoro said:
the hell? why would they have actual copies of the game if they can just get a pirated copy? i guess some do, but probably not most.

If I could, I would only let my kids handle burned copies of games and keep the originals locked away. They're careful for the most part, but... they're kids. We have a well worn copy of Mario Kart Wii that looks like it had sandpaper dragged across it. It still works, but I chafe at the thought of spending another $40-$50 for a replacement copy.

Back in the day, I kept backup copies of certain important pieces of software I owned. The term "backups" didn't have the same stigma back then. That's why I really like buying my software DD; there's no chance of physical media failing or being mishandled. The sooner we get to the point where I can buy Mario Kart 3D Wii2 completely digitally distributed, the better.

sangreal

The Faceless Master said:
looks like the hackers have already defeated this new check. AP25 patches already circulating...

It was defeated awhile ago when Fable III had it. It requires a game-specific patch though and they just enabled it on new games

Did I miss something, I haven't been on XBL in a few weeks, but I hopped on today, got all the updates and everything, and I was hoping to check out San Andreas...but I can't find any original XBOX games in the XBL Marketplace....soo...what happened?

Ninja_Hawk said:
Did I miss something, I haven't been on XBL in a few weeks, but I hopped on today, got all the updates and everything, and I was hoping to check out San Andreas...but I can't find any original XBOX games in the XBL Marketplace....soo...what happened?

I still see it under Games on Demand

Game Marketplace > Games & Demos > Games on Demand > Titles A-Z > G

There is probably an easier way to get it, but I found it going that way

Keyser Soze said:
I still see it under Games on Demand

Game Marketplace > Games & Demos > Games on Demand > Titles A-Z > G

There is probably an easier way to get it, but I found it going that way
Ah, ok, I found it that way too but I guess they got rid of the XBOX section or merged it rather, oh well at least I have it now, thanks!

Top Bottom