• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got Windows 10? Show me your desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAguy954

Colored taskbar:

tombraiderdesktop2wpr9p.jpg

Black taskbar (the setting I'm currently using):

tombraiderdesktop7jr61.jpg

Dylan

Boooo! I was actually going to say, I love the fact that there are so many completely clean desktops here. I have 0 icons on my desktop. Not even the Recycle Bin.

The point, for me, is to look at mywallpaper. I spend a lot of time on Interfacelift getting 2560x1600 images for my Dell 30" and I want to see them in all their glory.

Applications and games should be pinned to taskbar or start menu. Files should be organized in their respective user folders and My Computer can go in the Start menu or taskbar quick access toolbar. Recycle Bin doesn't need to be visible to delete things and you can empty every few weeks.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Haha, fundamental disagreement!

Unless I'm actually using my computer to do something, I don't ever want to be looking at the screen. I don't even know what my desktop wallpaper looks like.

I would prefer the taskbar icons to be a little bigger, like Windows 7.

Anyone figure out how to do this? I played with the display scaling setting, but it messed up the look of other programs so I left it at 100%

Laieon

Might end up activating a few tiles, we'll see. I also have a bunch of icons on my desktop, but they're hidden thanks to fences. :)

JRBSLk9.png

Vanish

I would prefer the taskbar icons to be a little bigger, like Windows 7.

Anyone figure out how to do this? I played with the display scaling setting, but it messed up the look of other programs so I left it at 100%

Me too. The default size of the icons on the taskbar is really annoying me. I want them bigger. I found a way to make them even smaller but I don't see how to make them bigger. Anyone know?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is there a way to not combine taskbar buttons in Windows 10? I know it's the default usually but I'm surprised nobody would opt out...

Vanish

Is there a way to not combine taskbar buttons in Windows 10? I know it's the default usually but I'm surprised nobody would opt out...

Right click taskbar --> Properties --> Drop-down menu for Taskbar buttons

is that what you're looking for?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Right click taskbar --> Properties --> Drop-down menu for Taskbar buttons

is that what you're looking for?
I haven't installed Win10 yet, I was just curious, and none of the screenshots in here showed noncombined taskbar buttons. If there are options for them I'll just assume the choice is there.

El_Chino

Is there anyway to change the lock screen? Anytime I try to set an image to "lock screen" it says it can't and that the image might be broken.

Might end up activating a few tiles, we'll see. I also have a bunch of icons on my desktop, but they're hidden thanks to fences. :)

JRBSLk9.png
I had no idea you could add the other folders to the start menu. I was rockin' a big empty space from where I disabled frequently used and all that rubbish.

Much better now.

Edit: just wish they could be reordered.

mm04

I hope an Oblytile type solution for Windows 10 gets created sooner rather than later. That's what I'm going to miss most on my desktop. On my Surface Pro 2, I don't really care.

Dio

Banned

Things are clean for now.

What I really want to know is how to 1. keep my xbox live tile to show that jpg of my xbox avatar 2. make 3ds max scale properly at this resolution instead of looking like shit and all scaled wrong

I really wish windows would have fixed this, OS X is lightyears ahead of them at hidpi scaling

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
How did you rearrange the start bar like that? i can't even seem to be able to remove any Icon from Start

Not sure if this was answered yet but:

- right click on the icon to and click "unpin from start" to remove them
- click on subsection name to change the name
- to add more subsections, drag a tile to an empty space, you can then change the subsection name
- to add more apps, just drag them to the start
- right click on a tile to resize it
- you can also drag entire subsections up or down
- you can drag tiles to change how they are arranged

Hope that helps!

Irobot82

Things are clean for now.

What I really want to know is how to 1. keep my xbox live tile to show that jpg of my xbox avatar 2. make 3ds max scale properly at this resolution instead of looking like shit and all scaled wrong

I really wish windows would have fixed this, OS X is lightyears ahead of them at hidpi scaling

omg how can you stare at that CA all day without getting sick?

J. Bravo

mine looks likeshit because i can't set my resolution to anything above 1280x1024. should be 1680x1050 i think. it's fuckin annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom