• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Photo Sharing Thread

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
SpecialStageRoute7.jpg

SpecialStageRoute7_1.jpg

CapeRingPeriphery_1.jpg

CapeRingPeriphery_2.jpg

CapeRingPeriphery_3.jpg

ChamonixMain.jpg

Might need to switch up cars...but too busy racking up cash with an overpowered Skyline :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
photos seem quite small, especially when using the 8MP option. Are they compressed all to hell? Considering the level of control you get when taking them, it'd be nice to have compression options.

Nafai1123

Banned
Finally had a chance to get some pics on my computer. Taking photos in this game is almost as fun as racing :D

14doym1.jpg

real life? :O

11liftj.jpg

34parvd.jpg

jjl6q1.jpg

OMG standard model!!1! :p

w1bddk.jpg

2rx87ip.jpg

I don't get to play this game for the next two weeks :'(

For a game that strives for (and occasionally achieves) perfection in so many ways, GT5 is shonky as all hell sometimes. Photo Mode is plagued by colour banding which goes from bad to worse when you apply any kind of filter, the urban geometry is like an HD flashback to Metropolis Street Racer - okay, I'm exaggerating a bit - and what's up with all these artificial limits on what you can and can't photograph? I actually bellowed the first time it flashed up that polite: 'Would you mind moving back a little bit, please?' message, or whatever the hell it says.

Fuck me, though, it looks the business the rest of the time. (Well, in bullshot mode, anyway.)

TheOctagon said:
For a game that strives for (and occasionally achieves) perfection in so many ways, GT5 is shonky as all hell sometimes. Photo Mode is plagued by colour banding which goes from bad to worse when you apply any kind of filter, the urban geometry is like an HD flashback to Metropolis Street Racer - okay, I'm exaggerating a bit - and what's up with all these artificial limits on what you can and can't photograph? I actually bellowed the first time it flashed up that polite: 'Would you mind moving back a little bit, please?' message, or whatever the hell it says.

Fuck me, though, it looks the business the rest of the time. (Well, in bullshot mode, anyway.)

I think it only does that with Standard Cars. They are so ugly that Polyphony doesn't want you to make close-up pictures of them for they would be absolutely disgusting.

keyrat

Anyone here who shoots photos irl a little miffed at how strange the camera is in GT5?

The exposure compensation doesn't seem to do much. No matter how hard I try I can't really overexpose photos. You can shoot wide open or at f/45, whatever shutter speed you want, +5EV, and the photos all come out properly exposed.

Also, custom white balance would have been nice instead of those filters. Why even show white balance at auto if you can't even change it?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I wanted to go and take some photos of the car closest to my real one - the BMW Z4M coupe. Unfortunately it doesn't let me put exactly the right rims on (but it'll let me put a ton of Japanese rims on), so I went for the next closest - BBS rims.

Also it doesn't come in montego blue. So, I bought a brand new 135i coupe in montego blue for 65k credits just to get the paint item, which I then spent another 2k credits respraying the Z4 the correct colour.

anyway, here are some photos - real photo of my Z4 first, followed by my attempt at repeating it in GT5.

IMG_0032.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_5.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_3.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_6.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

[
Kyoto-Shoren-in_2.jpg

I am expertly avoiding the Single Player mode for I don't feeling all those dull races with a standard car. Therefore I am rocking out in Arcade Mode:

5209679564_4b90f35cd4_z.jpg

5209079727_1481e23134_z.jpg

5209679136_aa315f97c8_z.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Pizza Luigi said:
I am expertly avoiding the Single Player mode for I don't feeling all those dull races with a standard car. Therefore I am rocking out in Arcade Mode:

5209679564_4b90f35cd4_z.jpg

5209079727_1481e23134_z.jpg

5209679136_aa315f97c8_z.jpg

Full res man. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Are the premium models the most detailed models of anything in a game ever in terms of polygon count? Or is that Nathan Drake's head?

ok, started taking some pictures though I'm still experimenting with the settings etc. Quite sick what some of guys are getting out of it.

and just to list all the filters (though some would require the change of other settings so they look too dark here):

Original:

Monochrome, Extreme Monochrome, Sepia, Cool

Warm, Cross-Processing, Miniature, Partial Color

btw, GT5 actually saves exif information into the original exported screenshots, like exposure, Aperture etc. ^^

Nafai1123 said:
14doym1.jpg

real life? :O

haha, yeah they nailed that church, just looks perfect (even ingame you have to look twice)

tested the Track EditorRandomizer and just gave the course a try, took some more screenshots:

-viper-

Banned
Trying out photomode for the first time here.

aXuZ6.jpg

LHmv8.jpg

KDjHN.jpg

vnVDx.jpg

cU7V4.jpg

NSX '91! What a car. It sounds beautiful with the racing exhaust muffler and engine upgrades.

BTW, to take photomode shots, MUST I exit the replay, then click on the replay icon on the prerace screen? It's impossible to simply take grabs from the replay after the race, right?

jett

D-Member
Can someone take a picture from inside the cockpit while it's raining? Or is photomode limited to the outside of the cars?

//B1G

Banned
jett said:
Can someone take a picture from inside the cockpit while it's raining? Or is photomode limited to the outside of the cars?
i'm pretty sure it's limited to the outside. i tried navigating the camera into the car once to shoot my driver, but the car just ends up disappearing.

Melfice7

sbhpb6.jpg

all standard race, some cars really look better than others in the standard department

2jfax08.jpg

teh cobra

206jxoz.jpg

learned these were made in uk :D

kn1ves24

I figured I'd post a few of my attempts at photos. As you can probably tell I'm not much of a photographer but its still fun to check out the detail on the cars.

Italia I just bought

SanGimignano-TownSquare_1.jpg

SanGimignano-TownSquarewheel.jpg

And here's just some craziness that happened on Daytona in the R8. Still not sure how it happened......
Superspeedway-Daytona.jpg

0_0 Good lord you guys these shots are absolutely incredible.
I meant to spend just a couple minutes taking photos and I have been at if for almost 2 hours...WTF!!

Top Bottom