• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Photo Sharing Thread

granturismo5_15gs8xp.png

granturismo5_16cek0e.png

Cheers.

Now those look much better. That's mainly the reason I use 720p instead of 1080p. The other reason being slightly improved performance. Also these shots can't capture the TAA being used in the game, but it still looks great.

Xanadu

Banned
Cheers.

Now those look much better. That's mainly the reason I use 720p instead of 1080p. The other reason being slightly improved performance. Also these shots can't capture the TAA being used in the game, but it still looks great.

i agree 720p is the better mode, but i didnt notice any performance increase, i still drop fps with many cars on field, and usually rain

Wait, what do you mean PS3 XMB screen capture?

Custom Firmware now allows for the XMB screenshot feature to be used in any game, just like they did it with the Remote Play feature. Another mindboggling decision on Sonys side to not make it an universal feature and instead require developers to enable it.

Dibbz

Custom Firmware now allows for the XMB screenshot feature to be used in any game, just like they did it with the Remote Play feature. Another mindboggling decision on Sonys side to not make it an universal feature and instead require developers to enable it.

Eugh, that's a shame.

They just removed the crowd.

"Just"? Is that why sections even without crowds on either still have improved? Is that why other tracks without crowds still got improvements? You really think "just" removing the crowds allowed them to have constant 60 fps, add 4 more cars and improve the tearing, by alot?

The game has been continuously improved even 1 year after release. Give credit where credit is due.

looks good though.

the pit garage should have been a photomode location:

458ftkps.jpg

I actually think Kaz listened to me on this one.
lol

GT5 launched without this scene, I kept complaining about it on twitter to Kaz, GTplanet and here. And in one of the updates, voila, Garage scene was back! With maching team outfits and everything.

It's still not perfect though, Prologue had different ones for each track, and I'd love those to return as well.

And yes, they should have been Photo Travel locations as well.

Btw, if it's anything like Prologue those scenes are actually running at full 1080p, no upscaling at all, so it should look good at full resolution in XMB screenshots.

//B1G

Banned
True, I'd just like to see more get posted is all. ;)
I'm on a GT spree though so I think I'll be populating this for a while. Hopefully no one minds my overly grainy shots haha

Can I ask what it is people are seeing when they mention vertical upscaling? I view this thread on a netbook and so have a limited resolution anyway, but all these pictures look fantastic to me. Thanks

//B1G

Banned
Great shots guys. Figured since we never see any damage in here I'd put my new Satan's Stang (666hp) through its paces. The cosmetic changes seem amplified on the matte colorways for some reason.
I'd never seen things like that big streak across the side before.

iBYLYNSneIR99.png

iUPE7jMB5aR2x.png

and my GT-86 :)

I have a few I can dig out, but GT5 really is the king of console racers when it comes to the graphics department, nothing can really touch it with the lighting and model details.

Top Bottom