• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Photo Sharing Thread

whitehawk

Banned
SolidusDave said:
I was actually more wow'ed by these two other pics also taken by Cigol:

D6F3F.jpg

those fucking reflections and details :lol
:O

DonMigs85

Just think, they should be able to achieve even better than Photo Mode in-game on PS4... Perhaps even full 1920x1080 per eye in 3D, and at a solid 60FPS. :D

whitehawk

Banned
DonMigs85 said:
Just think, they should be able to achieve even better than Photo Mode in-game on PS4... Perhaps even full 1920x1080 per eye in 3D, and at a solid 60FPS. :D
I can't wait until 2013.

whitehawk

Banned
Alucrid said:
Too soon.
8 years is pretty good when we are used to 4-6 years. I want my 1080p, photo-realistic 3D racing games sooner rather than later :) I'm hoping for 2013. Seriously, if GT5 is basically 90% towards the goal of photo-realism, imagine what next gen will look like.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
edit nvm OT insinuation, no need to derail

anyway

tass0 said:
What the fuck.

http://i.imgur.com/9IPbu.jpg

You can take pictures with such detail?!

You can see polygons here, not to hate of course, but I wonder why really close images this way don't have LOD feature to get rid of the polys, it seems to do it on other more curved closeups.

Brilliant looking game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT what WHAT

Ok, honestly, going by some of those pictures, this feels like the first game to hit actual photorealism. It's just in photomode off course, but still. You could seriously pass some of the shots in this thread of as press pictures from the car manufacturer.

Look at that GTI. Hello my god!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Souldriver said:
Ok, honestly, going by some of those pictures, this feels like the first game to hit actual photorealism. It's just in photomode off course, but still. You could seriously pass some of the shots in this thread of as press pictures from the car manufacturer.

Look at that GTI. Hello my god!
Zoomed-in the images definitely lose their photo-real quality

-viper-

Banned
I wish you guys linked 1080p shots to pretty much all these shots.

They look beautiful. I want them to grace my desktop eternally.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
-viper- said:
I wish you guys linked 1080p shots to pretty much all these shots.

They look beautiful. I want them to grace my desktop eternally.
Yes, FFS, yes!

FYI, Spats and I are working on a monthly (maybe weekly) award for the best photo. I'm not sure if it will be just 1 or like a gold, silver, bronze award. As soon as we flesh things out we will roll out the plan. We want to encourage you to take some abstract or even assign certain parameters at times just to keep things fresh and fun.

btkadams

im confused. so this isn't what the game looks like? what are the people talking about when they are saying the pictures are bullshots? i thought these were taken in game?

jett

D-Member
btkadams said:
im confused. so this isn't what the game looks like? what are the people talking about when they are saying the pictures are bullshots? i thought these were taken in game?

You take the photos in a real-time environment, but the game re-renders them in super high-res with perfect image quality all around(anti-aliasing, shadows, depth of field, motion blur, what have you).

You know what'd be interesting, if someone did a comparison between a direct-feed capture and a photomode screen from the same scene and angle. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love the Cape Ring track.
There is screen tearing everywhere but the track is so fun with all the bumps and the mini ring.

Is it a new track or was it on the older GT ?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Me_Marcadet said:
I love the Cape Ring track.
There is screen tearing everywhere but the track is so fun with all the bumps and the mini ring.

Is it a new track or was it on the older GT ?
We will be the judge of that. Different standards. Some say it's a lot and some say it's not. It's happened in other games too.

Top Bottom