• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Photo Sharing Thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LiquidMetal14 said:
Exactly. I just want to see how the definition applies as we all have certain expectations. And we all have to swallow what is sometimes not what we would like to see in a product. We are having a similar discussion in the OT about a certain aspect. It's a give and take but don't misunderstand me, I want the highest possible quality and understand that nothing is perfect. GT5 does not feel like a degrated or lesser product due to some of the nitpicks or flaws though. When it comes down to it, the driving looks amazing and handles even better.
Glad to see we're on the same page. I have no doubt in my mind it's an amazing game, but the premium vs. standard thing is just one of those things I don't want repeated or to catch on as a trend in the industry. And considering GT5 is such a high profile release, I hope it doesn't.

And jesus christ at those vette shots. The environmental detail in this shot is absolutely astonishing.

I ask again, will people eventually be taking photo requests in this thread? I don't own a PS3 and am shamelessly browsing this thread in deep envy and sadness that I won't have access to this game :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
enzo_gt said:
I ask again, will people eventually be taking photo requests in this thread? I don't own a PS3 and am shamelessly browsing this thread in deep envy and sadness that I won't have access to this game :(
Sure, you can send me a few suggestions at a time as I will be obviously digging into the game so I may not priority photos at first. And as I posted in the last page, I am working with Spats on potentially doing some awards. Something to keep the thread fresh and people motivated to keep taking neat shots. Maybe even assign certain challenges. Still figuring it out and not too worried about doing this yet since the game isn't officially out everywhere yet.

Cuban Legend said:
why aren't any of you quoting this

Holy. Fuck. all over my faaaace

Because it was all over everybodys face a few days ago when came out.

And I'm glad I'm one of the people who never notice screen tearing. Never a problem for me in prologue.

LCfiner

G Rom said:
Last batch for now. I need to sleep as I've been awake for the past 20 hours playing the game with pretty much no pause...:lol

<post of awesome>

bWdw4.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cuban Legend said:
why aren't any of you quoting this

Holy. Fuck. all over my faaaace
We've quoted that around 50+ times.

KingDizzi

Banned
Melfice7 said:
i play at 720p on a plasma and the tearing is minimum, on very few occasions

Got a 55" Sony Bravia which can do 1080p, better off forcing 720p for this game? Also how was the advert you saw, another of those shitty "the game is just the start" ones?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Me_Marcadet said:

My new car ^^
Are you intentionally putting that bit of blur on the cars? It's only noticable SUPER close up but still. Shots are gorgeous btw, keep it up bro.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
No racing game on any platform looks this good, gameplay included, not just photo mode. It really is an amazing effort.

As for screen tearing, I don't notice it much in any game. Not sure why it ruins the experience for some. Maybe their tv set or their eyes sync differently than mine...

Consistent 30 fps and above looks good, 60 fps looks fantastic but if Gt5 drops to 45 every once in a while I am not going to cry about it.

Thunderbear said:
No racing game on any platform looks this good, gameplay included, not just photo mode. It really is an amazing effort.

As for screen tearing, I don't notice it much in any game. Not sure why it ruins the experience for some. Maybe their tv set or their eyes sync differently than mine...

Consistent 30 fps and above looks good, 60 fps looks fantastic but if Gt5 drops to 45 every once in a while I am not going to cry about it.
I also thank the lord I don't notice things like drop in framerates, screen tearing or aliasing issues, unless its severe. Its something I'm genuinely happy about when it comes to gaming. I call it bullshit-free gaming. GoW 3 hype threads were full of this nonsense, and prompted a lead designer from Sony Santa Monica to post and clarify issues. But I also understand why numbers matter to hardcore enthusiasts.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Jesus Christ. Those G Rom photos are blowing my mind. Photomode heaven incoming.

Cannot. Wait.

frAntic_Frog said:
not to derail the circle jerkin train, but i found this posted in a GT5 hate-thread in a certain console war forum:

w9ibfa.jpg

the thread was titled "GT5 non-doctored non-premium screenshot"

haters in that thread were claiming that photomode is "fake" cuz it adds postprocessing and isnt real ingame shot......

quite frankly i think they are full of it...i know the sexiness that is GT5 from playing the nordeidiger GT5 demo

Thats gotta be gt4 surely, i mean even though photomode makes the cars looks much better than they are in game it doesnt look as bad as that does it?.

UFRA

The way to know for sure would be for someone to take a pic of the crowd in GT5.

That crowd looks 2D and really basic. Not to mention the shadows are horrible, etc. etc.

That has to be GT4.

expy

Banned
UFRA said:
The way to know for sure would be for someone to take a pic of the crowd in GT5.

That crowd looks 2D and really basic. Not to mention the shadows are horrible, etc. etc.

That has to be GT4.

Even the road bumper and grass textures.

UFRA

expy said:
Even the road bumper and grass textures.

Yeah those are pretty bad looking as well.

I feel bad saying that though. I was so impressed with GT4, as I'm sure most of us were, back when that was the latest and greatest GT.

It's pretty pathetic that people need to troll GT5 using GT4 pics. :lol

expy

Banned
UFRA said:
Yeah those are pretty bad looking as well.

I feel bad saying that though. I was so impressed with GT4, as I'm sure most of us were, back when that was the latest and greatest GT.

It's pretty pathetic that people need to troll GT5 using GT4 pics. :lol
You know, it might actually be GT4 running on PCSX2.

CozMick

Banned
I wake up and find that the Photo Thread has turned into a "shit on GT5" thread.

People are complaining that the framerate drops below 30fps in a replay running @ 30fps :lol

And then I see people are complaining about the framerate dropping below 60fps in a damn console game that is running in 1080p with the most realisitc visuals anyone has ever seen :lol

GAF never change please.

enzo_gt said:
but the premium vs. standard thing is just one of those things I don't want repeated or to catch on as a trend in the industry.

pretty unlikely considering the library of cars were talking about. what other game in this genre is even going to try to approach this, let alone develop a trend? PD's commitment to a legacy roster is the core reason for standard models. i just don't get the notion that it's somehow besmirching the product. what exactly is it in lieu of? korean sweat modelers? i guess, but it wouldn't be PD's work. i can see how the asymmetry grates a few senses, but at worst they're an 'ugly' bonus. at best they leverage their robust physics engine with a ridiculous array of parameters. ya know, the whole driving thing.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
That's definitely GT5, the lighting is too good. On Autumn Ring Mini perhaps?
EDIT: It's been too long since I've played GT4

You sure it's GT4? Could be just GT5 using standard cars.I know the shadows are pretty crappy.I think that rom guy was driving that car on autumn mini yesterday.Could be a capture from the game?

Top Bottom