• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ok, Is this game an unplayable mess that ruins the name of a"racing simulator"? I mean nitpicking about trees?

What flaws are in this game? If I can play Mass Effect with its dozens of flaws, then what is so bad about GT5:prologue?

beerbelly said:
This happens in every PS3 thread. It's better to just view...there's many understandably sensitive people in here :lol

Go post about all the problems with mass effect and see what happens. Hate to tell you that this behavior is not limited to ps3 games, its because you only see it in ps3 threads.

Stinkles said:
Plz excuse my ignorance:

This is a preview of proper GT5, right? Like, a kind of sampler?

You've never heard of a GT prologue game before? There was one for GT4.

spoon!

They flattened out Eiger? One of my favourite parts of the GTHD demo was the ridiculous camber of the road :( The drifting video with the 350z was hot tho.

c'mon mailman mail faster :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
spoon! said:
They flattened out Eiger? One of my favourite parts of the GTHD demo was the ridiculous camber of the road :( The drifting video with the 350z was hot tho.

c'mon mailman mail faster :(

You are making me want to order this game!! >_<

beerbelly

Banned
neojubei said:
Ok, Is this game an unplayable mess that ruins the name of a"racing simulator"? I mean nitpicking about trees?

What flaws are in this game? If I can play Mass Effect with its dozens of flaws, then what is so bad about GT5:prologue?

Go post about all the problems with mass effect and see what happens. Hate to tell you that this behavior is not limited to ps3 games, its because you only see it in ps3 threads.

You've already posted tons of posts about Mass Effect's problems in its official thread, as have other people. EVERYONE agrees there's tons of texture popups/screen tearing and slowdown.

You can't really compare that with a racing game that relies on speed and precision.

Valcrist

marvelharvey said:
You're right, not everyone is, but there are 3 racers amongst us that I know of... MaX_PL not being one of them.

Looks like he got black-flagged anyway

of course there are exceptions...i've heard alot of praise about you. =] :bow

neojubei said:
My point is that a lot of games have flaws and PD have put a ton of effort into this game and people are nitpicking about trees.
Every game created has flaws, but all flaws vary in weight. The fact that people here are bickering over such tiny details is a testimony to Polyphony's product.

Router said:
This is actually quite interesting. Kazunori said quite a while ago that the real test of the new physics engine would be drifting. The GT4 engine didn't accept drifting as being technically possible for some reason... Didn't seem to stop people though.

Yeah you could do it in GT4. I ended up screwing up my DFP pedals by drifting in GT4 though.

Kyoufu

Will all my credits transfer over to the full game? I've been playing this game waaaaaaaaaaay too much, got 250 million credits :lol

Flo_Evans

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah you could do it in GT4. I ended up screwing up my DFP pedals by drifting in GT4 though.

GT4 drifting was more like powersliding. I don't have the game but the demo was MUCH better at sideways driving :D

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
chespace said:
Well, what usually happens is someone nitpicks the game, even if it's something minor to themselves, and gets gangbanged for even bringing it up. After that, they're going to focus on that nitpick and prove everybody wrong just on principle alone.

Edit: Agreed, Beerbelly.

I don't know if you noticed, it was more his persistence that people jumped on him for. He argued about trees for several pages, and it was getting ridiculous. I don't recall reading a post defending the trees as awesome. It was just dumb to make it a mission to make sure everyone knew GTP5 has faults.

It comes across as wanting to put down all the people who are excited about how amazing the game looks.

IMO that's why he got jumped on. Not because he had a criticism.

Edit And yes ever since you jumped ship to working on Forza you are going to have to deal with any criticism you support towards GT is going to come across as bias.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Defuser said:
It's all the the trees and physics baby. Fuck the cars.

Well dammit, I guess they are right then! A tree growing sim should have amazing trees! You fail as a tree growing sim GT5!

nofi

Tiduz said:
whats going on in your pics is called a moire affect, try a different distance or angle, thats whats causing it :)
I will do once this thread escapes from under the bridge. Seriously, some people are so desperate to find holes their lives must be hollow. Go get laid and stop looking for trees, you dopes.

DSC02655.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

DSC02650.jpg

DSC02653.jpg

DSC02649.jpg

Zooming out while freezing.

DSC02656.jpg

DSC02657.jpg

spwolf

I just find it funny that people who used to complain about all the important stuff- physics, ai, bumper cars and everything else, are now trying to make big deal out of some stupid trees and want Polyphony to focus on stupid building textures.

If ocassional drop to 50fps bothers you, simply dont play in cockpit view until it is sorted out.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
spwolf said:
I just find it funny that people who used to complain about all the important stuff- physics, ai, bumper cars and everything else, are now trying to make big deal out of some stupid trees and want Polyphony to focus on stupid building textures.

If ocassional drop to 50fps bothers you, simply dont play in cockpit view until it is sorted out.

1 person = All the people who had valid complaints about previous games in the series?

It's no different from all the PGR4 or FORZA2 threads that were destroyed because people acted like a tiny detail in a screen shot actually means something. Just ignore it. Its a great looking and playing game.

frAntic_Frog said:
BMW 135i with professional physics in GT5 P demo.....just tryin to keep the car on the track is a thrilling chore.

That's the only big problem of al sims right no imo. Get a car to react realistically and it becomes frign hard to keep a car on track. We need gforce simulators to be able to feel all the car's handling characteristics.:D

spwolf said:

Generalising people also pop up in these topics. It's like nature balances itself out.

Pharmacy said:
this game is beautiful

anyone who disagrees can suck my balls

its the only the thing that can be said
I don't think anyone disagrees with you. But the trees are a thorn in the eye imo. Because everything else looks so pretty the trees feel out of place and break the illusion.
Kudos to PD. AFter all, it's not their fault current gen console have their limitations but a lot's of people (including me) were hoping 2D trees to be a thing of the past.

Jeseus

Thunderbear said:
You do realize that you are one of those overly anal retentive geeks who people make fun of outside of the gaming world?

Is this really your mission in life? To find a fault with GTP5 and hammer it into people's heads?

I think most people will agree with you that the trees are average, but you're too focused on the trees to see the forest (excuse the bad pun).

The game is gorgeous, do we really need to debate the trees to death?

If PD can upgrade the trees for the final GT5, then that will be great. If they can't, then I doubt it's a limitation of PD's but rather a limitation of the hardware. This game pushes the technical boundaries like no other game. The HDR garages etc. are mindblowing in my opinion.

i am a realist but what is nice on GT5P??

ok HDR and cars (200 000 polygons) with LOD ?????

show me some nice particle effects in GT5P ...

they must fix:

FRAMERATE problems
TEARING
add, increase particle effects
2D TREES (no change since GT3)
Low Resolution BLUR and Depth of field (Replay)
Low Resolution shadows
add Damage
add changig weather
popup objects (tracks) - better LOD

after fixing these problems I say WOW ...

antiloop

Jeseus said:

they must fix:

FRAMERATE problems
TEARING
Low Resolution shadows
add Damage
add changig weather

:lol

Fujispeedway_08.jpg

Can you see the particle effect?

Goldrusher

spwolf said:
all right, how the heck do you do c8? rest is easy as crap. C8 I cant do.
Is it because I am on controller and I hate stupid oval tracks which make me use the stick which I cant use? Is there some secret to oval track?

thanks anyone...

Turn off the first 0-10 option in the pre-race menu. It's some kind of braking assist, making the car slow down when you don't want it to.

Then, just slipstream without bumping into any car or wall and it's pretty easy.

seanoff

and people wonder why devs don't put out demos.

jesus wept.

We could nitpick every game ever released to death. If these SMALL problems are so reducing your enjoyment of the game, DON'T PLAY IT.

I seem to recall graphics problems with some very very high profile games this year alone and they were finished.

This isn't the final engine, it's a fan service, if you don't like unfinished games don't play this.

Seriously I look at the shots and just go shit that looks good, like i have with a more than a few games only to go to a thread about said game to see people picking apart one frame dropping every 20 minutes and OMG there's one scene with screen tearing. The game is then worthless and unplayable.

I'm sorry for you all, that its not 240fps, with perfect trees, no extremely minor pop-in, perfect shadows, ray tracing, 48xAA, perfect AF, incredible textures on every surface, totally unique blades of grass, road textures that make real roads look unrealistic, 1000's of totally unique spectators with every spectator individually modelled.

Zaptruder

Banned
Jeseus said:

they must fix:

FRAMERATE problems
TEARING
Low Resolution shadows
add Damage
add changig weather

SPARKS! MORE SPARKS! SPARKS EVERYWHERE! AHHHHHH

Jeseus said:
they must fix:

FRAMERATE problems
TEARING
Low Resolution shadows
add Damage
add changig weather

see you

7wu4w1k.gif

Jeseus

seanoff said:
and people wonder why devs don't put out demos.

jesus wept.

We could nitpick every game ever released to death. If these SMALL problems are so reducing your enjoyment of the game, DON'T PLAY IT.

I seem to recall graphics problems with some very very high profile games this year alone and they were finished.

This isn't the final engine, it's a fan service, if you don't like unfinished games don't play this.

Seriously I look at the shots and just go shit that looks good, like i have with a more than a few games only to go to a thread about said game to see people picking apart one frame dropping every 20 minutes and OMG there's one scene with screen tearing. The game is then worthless and unplayable.

I'm sorry for you all, that its not 240fps, with perfect trees, no extremely minor pop-in, perfect shadows, ray tracing, 48xAA, perfect AF, incredible textures on every surface, totally unique blades of grass, road textures that make real roads look unrealistic, 1000's of totally unique spectators with every spectator individually modelled.

you're right i dont pay 60$/€ for an unfinished game with 5 tracks and with many technical issues ... this should be released as beta,alpha or RC release for FREE via PSN

deepbrown

Jeseus said:
you're right i dont pay 60$/€ for an unfinished game with 5 tracks and with many technical issues ... this should be released as beta,alpha or RC release for FREE via PSN
I think they've done enough for free. This is far more polished than most games released for full price.

I think Sony might want to reconsider releasing GT5P in the US and just do what they did with GT4P and release it in Asia and Europe. It seems like there are too many people who don't get the point of it.

f@luS

More than a member.
Jeseus said:
it is your fault if you paid it that price, the official one is 30€

spoon!

Jeseus said:

they must fix:

FRAMERATE problems
TEARING
Low Resolution shadows
add Damage
add changig weather

I'm glad for myself that I can say wow at gt5p right now, because I sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes waiting for the next generation of consoles to give you what you're looking for.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You know what? Because of this thread of evil trolls, I'll call and inform my friend Yamauchi about this thread. After reading this, he'll most definitely not release this outside of Japan.

Seiken said:
You know what? Because of this thread of evil trolls, I'll call and inform my friend Yamauchi about this thread. After reading this, he'll most definitely not release this outside of Japan.

They need to just not release it in the US or make sure people know what they're getting. They did a good job with GT4P because I don't remember any of this complaining. People knew it was going to be a rough very of the game and were happy with it.

avaya

Damn I wish I hadn't broken my wheel. I'm probabaly gonna get RSI from the controller. :lol

I press far too hard...I remember feeling like I was gonna snap my old Sixaxis in half in Concept. DS3 weight really helps alleviate that.

Kyoufu said:
Will all my credits transfer over to the full game? I've been playing this game waaaaaaaaaaay too much, got 250 million credits :lol

250mn :lol Not buying any cars then?

Top Bottom