• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Polyphony

The intro should include animated Vettel doing his new 2-finger pose.

Sebastian-Vettel-two-fingers_2662733.jpg

"Spec II baby!"

rvy

Banned
Angst said:
3 GB is my guess, but who knows?
People who buy GT these days have to suffer through almost a day's worth of download time. It's insanity this amount of support.

Angst

rvy said:
People who buy GT these days have to suffer through almost a day's worth of download time. It's insanity this amount of support.
Hope they turn it into a cumulative patch for new guys.

ACESmkII

Awesome news! Hopefully the DLC cars and tracks get announced soon. Please give me a 2012 Audi S5 coupe Kaz.

sublimit

Banned
Finally i'll complete all the endurance races.
Also very excited for the dlc!Hope they'll add new as well as old classic tracks.

spwolf

rvy said:

it is 1 GB of download + install. It took me 1 hour on my formated PS3 few days ago, including GT5 disk install which is 30 minutes alone.

spwolf said:
it is 1 GB of download + install. It took me 1 hour on my formated PS3 few days ago, including GT5 disk install which is 30 minutes alone.
Crazy. That initial full install took me hours.

bud said:
why hasn't gran-turismo.com been updated yet?

Us section of the site mentions the maintenance, they'll probably do a real update at the same time as the maintenance.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
3628507082_b36f2e04fa.jpg

i'm ready. it better have weather and a 24hr cycle.
I think it's safe to assume that any "newly" made tracks will have both.

I hope

offshore

Wax Free Vanilla said:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2472/3628507082_b36f2e04fa.jpgimg]

i'm ready. it better have weather and a 24hr cycle.[/QUOTE]
Nice to see you've set your expectations nice and low there, Wax :lol

iceatcs

dwebo said:
It's annoying that they still haven't elaborated on the DLC, the real meat of this update. 1 track, 5 cars, $10? 5 tracks, 25 cars, $5? What the fuck are they waiting for?
Maybe they want to see how much it live from number of download this patch, then decide after.

Card Boy

Banned
Took me 3 hours to download 600 meg worth of GT5 updates last week, when it took me under 3 minutes to download the 750meg Portal 2 DLC on Steam. Lets see if this one downloads much faster than 3 hours......

Niks

Metalmurphy said:

Im trying to keep my expectations low...just happy we are getting DLC content. Whatever that may be.

amar212

offshore said:
Nice to see you've set your expectations nice and low there, Wax :lol

Yeah, Wax-way :D

And when he doesn't get what he imagined he will be the first in line to bitch against PD :)

Metalmurphy said:
Us section of the site mentions the maintenance, they'll probably do a real update at the same time as the maintenance.

I hope

Eau rouge is the most scary corner ever. I can't wait to mess up over and over again.

Edit: Damn, I should have quoted Wax's post.

iceatcs

Did we saw Spa logo in one of the E3 or gamecom booth?

I assume it's nothing, just theming for the booth.

Truespeed

Some optional thread titles to consider:

"Where Ballerinas are run over"
"Where Nightmares set lap times"
"Where Dreams are slaughtered"

I wonder if any games site will do review (or re-review?) of GT5 Spec2? Be interesting to read how they compare with the review of GT5 1.0 from last year.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Any word on this getting a disc release? I know GT5 just dropped to $40 (bleh) but the thought of downloading a huge update on top of all the others and installs stinks! An everything-to-date on disc release'd be nice for me and others who don't have the game yet.

Angst

mr stroke said:
might have to grab this for $40...

Anyone still playing this online?
You bet. Check the OP for GAF threads. Current active is the NRL one-off races and soon the Super GT league.

Jburton

Banned
mr stroke said:
might have to grab this for $40...

Anyone still playing this online?

Bought the game at the weekend in preparation for the release of Spec II.

Going to get my driving up to par and then join a few GAF games ....... and still get murdered.

h3ro

I am excite.

New season of NRL? What do you guys think of ALMS multi-format races crossing both Forza and GT5?

Top Bottom