• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

This update checks and resets car data on race starts, all my car audio swaps gone :(

Worst update ever.

Suzuka 2014 performance in the final sector is shocking, even in 720p.

Sounds like the most unsafe car ever imagined

Reminds me of Kinetica.

Spot on

1232537-kinetica.jpg

Yeah, a good number of them have updated sounds. Adding in a sports or racing exhausts sounds awesome for many of the cars too. Wax do you know if the amount of audio samples changed?

I don't think the new sounds use samples, Griffith500 talks more about this on GTPlanet, with GT6 Polyphony introduced something called AES to handle the audio, if I understand correctly it can create audio on the fly without any recorded sample - it's the future by all accounts, each of the new cars, X1, Senna, Vision, etc have a small sized file (3KB) containing a set of parameters which this new audio system processes to create the sound desired.

the old cars use the old shit samples, though it seems this AES system can also manipulate the volume, pitch, etc of these.

Maybe GT7 will go AES exclusive with no samples as Griffith500 suggests?

Update 1.14 data reset has been defeated, all my audio swaps restored banderas.gif

Mobius 1

I've been busy with no time to play. If the club requires the creator to setup events and everything else, I'd be more than glad to delete it and have someone else create one.

benzy

I think they're composite renders, aka real life backgrounds with the CG model on them.

or, they might be the real "mockup" model of the car if they've finished it

Figured as much. I'm so burned out on GT6 I'm eager to think anything could be GT7-related at this point. :p

I don't think the new sounds use samples, Griffith500 talks more about this on GTPlanet, with GT6 Polyphony introduced something called AES to handle the audio, if I understand correctly it can create audio on the fly without any recorded sample - it's the future by all accounts, each of the new cars, X1, Senna, Vision, etc have a small sized file (3KB) containing a set of parameters which this new audio system processes to create the sound desired.

the old cars use the old shit samples, though it seems this AES system can also manipulate the volume, pitch, etc of these.

Update 1.14 data reset has been defeated, all my audio swaps restored banderas.gif

Interesting. If they're going to dynamically generate the sounds based on parameters I wonder how accurate the sounds will be to the real car on better hardware. The 97T still doesn't quite sound as beastly as the real one.

Dead Man

So they are synthesizing the sound? That seems very... odd.

Pophead

So they have to make parameters for over 1200 cars if this is true or am I misunderstanding? In my mind this sounds like they listen to what the car sounds like then reproduce it using this AES System.

If so, no wonder they had to hire some more people - there current sound team couldn't handle that big of a job surely. And since GT6 uses this AES system, couldn't they reproduce the sounds that they would use in 7 and integrate them into 6 (if they are using that system mind you).

The original Suzuka really did look like shit didn't it? The environment, 10:30 lighting, it's a joke in comparison, hopefully all of the tracks have received a Spec II sprucing up

granturismo6_14wxfv4.jpg

granturismo6_15lju1z.jpg

Niks

The original Suzuka really did look like shit didn't it? The environment, 10:30 lighting, it's a joke in comparison, hopefully all of the tracks have received a Spec II sprucing up

granturismo6_14wxfv4.jpg

granturismo6_15lju1z.jpg

Yeah its the same shit lighting present in Trial mountain, Deep Forest, and Grand Valley. Glad they figured out 10 am - noon lighting.

MGR

Couldn't get 12 players in the same room tonight and all 'see' eachother.

No amount of network config / static IP / port forwarding / DMZ outside DHCP server range / wired ethernet / mtu / cache clearing / router firmware / console rebooting / google dns / router resetting can fix this netcode shit stain.

So it would seem the only way to get GT6 to run with any sort of stability online is a fixed host with a cracking upload speed.

The non-fixed or mesh network type is a waste of time with any more than a small handful of people. Would love the ability to set up a standalone console as a dedicated server on a remote site with high bandwidth.

I don't like the sound of that.
no pun intended
The new HSV-010 sound is so damn awful :(

Although, I can see why they would be trying to going down this path. Most cars in GT6 can be modded and should result in a change in sound too. Intake mods, exhaust mods, engine tuning, turbo upgrades etc should all have an effect. Would be much easier to fine tune a good engine/exhaust/induction note when you're only working with one permutation of vehicle tuning.

The new Community Features have the usual PD design choice quirks:

- You can only create 'Event Settings' on the console, not the web app.
- You can only see participating club friends from the web app, not the console.
- You cannot change an events lobby settings once the room is running. (no way to run a series of sprint races with re-creating new lobbies for each.)

I think they only genuinely useful feature so far is the 'Club Only' room option meaning a group of friends (and effectively friends-of-friends) can host private rooms without needing every PSN user to be PSN friends with the host at the time.

The messaging and forum options are largely wasted and really need to be integrated into a dedicated mobile app so communications can be received immediately.

Dead Man

Thought I'd give it another go after this update. Try to run an arcade race so I can actually use some of the slower cars I love in a close race, see I can still only use favourite cars or a small selection, turned it off. Fucking hell PD.

offshore

The new Community Features have the usual PD design choice quirks
Yeah, for me it's a bit of step back. It was better in GT5 when the Community had its own tab, so photos/messages/lobby et al were all there in place down the side; now you have to constantly boot and close the Community menu.

One of these days, PD will get the UI balance just right.

dubc35

Not really salty, I think it's more that everyone is aware of how the PS4 could do GT6 much better, and the fact that GT6 came out after the PS4 anyway.

lol, I completely forgot about PS4 and read it as they wanted it remade for ps3. Hence the salty remark.

Seanspeed

Banned

I cant imagine that's 'the future'. I would guess that's perhaps the path that GT must take as gathering sound samples for 800+ individual cars would be too extreme an undertaking at this point, but I really doubt there's any beating good, high quality samples with a good sound engine.

Well guys, i never had any news to bring, but now i have a story to share with you guys...

I went to the SEMA auto show last month, and only now i´m back home and with free time to write and stuff.

Going past the BMW booth i noticed the M4 pace car with Gran Turismo logos and stoped by to check it. Then i saw a couple of GT booths, and since they had the Thurstmaster 500 i decided to wait in line to drive it.

There was a guy playing it, so i had to wait. As i look to the side i see some guys in black shirts and their credentials read "Sony Santa Monica". A closer look and... TRANSLATOR SAN!!!

He´s an awesome guy, he even said to me "do you want me to bring out my notepad?" and we chatted for a few minutes. I asked where Kaz was because of the awards and his response was "he´s here, actually he´s playing right in front of us".

Really?

Taking a closer look the "guy" i was waiting to finish his demo run was Kazunori Yamauchi himself, and i finally had a chance to meet him and ask a few questions.

I said i was ready to buy the wheel, if i should do it. Before Translator san even translated the phrase he was already nodding his head saying no, that it didn´t make sense since i already had a G25.

1- There will be a new wheel to go along GT7
2 - The G25 will work on PS4, they didn´t told me how, but they assured me it is going to work.

3 - GT7 is one or two years away.

4 - GT Academy is almost certain for Brazil

5 - They know people are asking for more hardcore features and they will implement some of those in GT7

6 - He knows that car leaderboards are missing. I asked about it, he laughed at it and assured me it´s coming, it´s not forgotten.

Overall it was a great day, i never expected to meet him in person and be able to ask a few questions... i regret not getting Translator san´s email so i could bother him with more questions in the future, but hey, it was nice.

So i ended up not buying the wheel and feeling a bit more confident that my beloved leaderboards will one day be back.

I´m not gonna spread this info all over the web because they were nice to me to talk about the wheel and stuff and it might not be a good thing to post things that are not yet open to the general public.

Melfice7

I wanna believe you on the Logitech wheels being supported part but i cant, and Kaz isnt a good person to trust on promises

Jilt

Well guys, i never had any news to bring, but now i have a story to share with you guys...

I went to the SEMA auto show last month, and only now i´m back home and with free time to write and stuff.

Going past the BMW booth i noticed the M4 pace car with Gran Turismo logos and stoped by to check it. Then i saw a couple of GT booths, and since they had the Thurstmaster 500 i decided to wait in line to drive it.

There was a guy playing it, so i had to wait. As i look to the side i see some guys in black shirts and their credentials read "Sony Santa Monica". A closer look and... TRANSLATOR SAN!!!

He´s an awesome guy, he even said to me "do you want me to bring out my notepad?" and we chatted for a few minutes. I asked where Kaz was because of the awards and his response was "he´s here, actually he´s playing right in front of us".

Really?

Taking a closer look the "guy" i was waiting to finish his demo run was Kazunori Yamauchi himself, and i finally had a chance to meet him and ask a few questions.

I said i was ready to buy the wheel, if i should do it. Before Translator san even translated the phrase he was already nodding his head saying no, that it didn´t make sense since i already had a G25.

2 - The G25 will work on PS4, they didn´t told me how, but they assured me it is going to work.

5 - They know people are asking for more hardcore features and they will implement some of those in GT7

6 - He knows that car leaderboards are missing. I asked about it, he laughed at it and assured me it´s coming, it´s not forgotten.

Overall it was a great day, i never expected to meet him in person and be able to ask a few questions... i regret not getting Translator san´s email so i could bother him with more questions in the future, but hey, it was nice.

So i ended up not buying the wheel and feeling a bit more confident that my beloved leaderboards will one day be back.

I´m not gonna spread this info all over the web because they were nice to me to talk about the wheel and stuff and it might not be a good thing to post things that are not yet open to the general public.

I don't care if it's true or not, you just made my day!!

Thanks m8!

Really?

And you didn't ask about the Isle of Man? :(

paskowitz

1- There will be a new wheel to go along GT7.

Awesome! I too had the opportunity to me translator saying at the jalopnik film festival sponsored by Gran Turismo. Super nice guy.

1. it's awesome that they're building a wheel just for GT7. Hopefully they increase the quality if it is a Thrustmaster.

2. in case anyone could not connect the dots this also means fanatec wheel support

benzy

Really?

You met the legend. :O

Thanks for posting this. Hope they unveil GT7 soon; Kaz said the same thing one year ago about the game releasing in 1-2 years.

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Keinu

Long story short, my PS3 broke and this week I have plans to meet up with a friend and hook up both our PS3 at work for some GT6 head to head in the evening with co-workers. No worries, I borrowed my brothers and patched the game today so I would be ready. What I forgot though was the incredible stupid decision to lock online multiplayer until you've completed some licenses. I might be able to unlock it in time, but I know my friend just bought it and I don't think he will have time to do the same. Are we stuck with split-screen or is there a workaround?

offshore

Simple answer, they won't. Nor the environment btw...
Probably true. Though tbh, I'm more interested in getting meaningful control over the weather system next time; like being able to set precise periods of sun, then rain, then overcast, then snow, etc, in conjunction with time. The current 0/25/50/75/100% weather setting is pretty primitive.

Watevaman

I'm thinking that pCARS will have to be our sim with weather for a little while unless something else is in the works. I'm with you guys that PD isn't gonna do anything better with the weather this time around.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong and maybe they've been building up on the GT5/6 tech and have got a good system in place.

Top Bottom