• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

I'm really hoping that the DLC tracks are heavily slanted toward classic GT tracks (El Capitan, Seattle...Grindelwald) as well as new original tracks.

Chibits12

Banned
This CLK comparison shot is a much clearer look at the differences. It's a massive upgrade:

ETtKzRH.jpg

I swear the last car looks like they took a Gran Turismo 2 car model and placed it in Gran Turismo 5 with the pixelated look.

Korezo

So is the anniversary edition preorder only or is it basically all day 1 copies at Gamestop are that edition?

edit: oh so its a code printout on the receipt, guess ill have to swing over today and preorder it.

Gran Turismo 6 - Anniversary Edition

A special “Anniversary Edition” made to celebrate the game’s 15 years of successes and achievements. This version of the game comes in a shiny Steelbook case displaying an exclusive cover art, sheathed inside an elegant themed Sleeve. In addition to the physical exclusives, the Anniversary Edition will also contain a number of in-game bonuses in the form of 20 exclusive cars (each displaying a special “Anniversary Edition” livery), 1,000,000 in-game credits, custom paint chips, custom race suit, custom race helmet and custom PSN avatars. Furthermore, if you pre-order the game from a participating retailer you will also receive 5 exclusive “Pre-order” vehicles not available anywhere else.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/preorder/

Why are people confused? Anniversary editiion is in a different packaging than standard, just like Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and FFX were Limited editions free upgrades for people who reserved in GameStop. It's nothing new.

red731

lol wtf just happen to youtube, funny error message:
http://up07.s-oman.net/abQDgnF.jpg[//IMG]

is this normal?!

edit: looks like it got fixed[/QUOTE]

That is normal. You have encountered this for the first time ever? They have trained monkeys forever!

Mobius 1

In the Day 1 patch? You really like to set yourself up for disappointment huh. =P

I actually was thinking about the Senna DLC a while ago and came up with a list of content that I thought would be cool:

How would that be?

Donington Park 1993. Although all this is a pipe dream.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
This CLK comparison shot is a much clearer look at the differences. It's a massive upgrade:

ETtKzRH.jpg

Where did they even get those models for the CLK in GT5?
The models for that car in GT3 & GT4 on the PS2 never looked that bad.

That looks like the CLK model from the PSOne games.

Was that concept car solely funded by Mercedes? or Sony made some participation?

I hope we can re-paint this in the game.

The real life build of the car was Mercedes idea. PD only approached them to come up with a car for the game. Kaz has said that several manufacturers had decided to make full scale versions of their creations though.

prarts

Speaking of Standard cars, here's the cleaned up Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00, which was one of the worse looking Standards in GT5:
Wow, massive upgrade in everything.
My card has already been charged. Hope it will ship early.
Yes, got email from Sony - my bank account has been charged too. I hope that recent problems with PSStore won`t affect digital premiere in any way.
It's so hard to get excited by these screens after seeing DriveClub and Forza 5. I want to see GT7 immediately.
So you are playing in graphics then. Because putting graphics aside (and sound lol), GT6 is miles ahead content and feature wise.
I'm really hoping that the DLC tracks are heavily slanted toward classic GT tracks (El Capitan, Seattle...Grindelwald) as well as new original tracks.
I can bet my money, that future DLC tracks will be in 99% old revamped and upscaled classics GT tracks with only 1% being new. It simply takes too much time to create them from scratch (with PD precision and attention to details, with 24h cycle time and weather) to provide constant stream of such content. It`s impracticable. I expect old tracks being put in GT6 to be in line of Deep Forest/Grand Valley etc.
And it would be great (Seattle!!!).

That's the Japan version. Everything there is a few extra decimal places out, to closer approximate the yen. It'll be a lot less for everyone else, but the price of things will be equally cheaper.

Divide by 100. So

1st gives 133k which is a very good turnout. Bigger than anything in GT5. Looks like money won't be a problem :)

Just got my PS4 and I'm in the middle of SM3DW and two Zeldas, but I'm still bumping for this.

SEN is Q_Car, if you want to get some B-Spec on when it's out.

amar212

I'm surprised they made the effort at all. Happy to see it done, just not something I assumed would have slipped by the bean counters. Guessing this is the last time we'll see "standard" cars, cleaning them up is a clear nod to the fan base with about zero profit to come from it.

All those new modellers in the studio (BTW 39 people total in the car-modelling list in credits) have to do something before giving full approval to work on full models.

Corto

Cheers fellow motorheads! Just saving my place here. What a glorious way to say goodbye to this gen. I haven't seen any media lately as I didn't want to spoil the story. hehehe But I need to get up to speed (pun intended) fast.

OmegaDL50

Yeah but man, throw us a bone here. Could have been the quickest, dirtiest port in existence and I still would have bought it.

And a huge majority would be ragging on PD for being lazy for making a "PS3 game" on "PS4 Hardware"

GT5's development was not without it's own issues. When you consider the PS3 Cell BBE architecture was a pain in the ass to work with by admission of many developers. With the confirmation that the PS4 is easy street in terms of developing on it, that means less time for PD to get acclimated to learning the hardware and more time in getting the game done and primed for a release.

GT3 released a mere two years after GT2 on entirely new console hardware no less. It is not out of the realm of impossibility for GT7 to be released a short time after GT6 much like GT3 was for GT2.

This issue always seems to come up with every new console launch, in that people just expect developers to flat out abandon the last gen hardware entirely on a dime.

The PS4 owners will get their own major GT release in time, just not at launch, in fact no mainline GT release was ever released at launch, and I doubt Sony would want to have two Racing Games at launch within a small time frame from each other when the library is small and the limited selection would cause the games sales to cannibalize each other.

NeoGash

I'm hoping to live in the city early next year to go back to uni, and I think I'll just be playing GT6 in my spare time. It looks so damn good, the car models could very well fit in with a next-gen game, as there seems to be not much aliasing from what I have seen.

Is it possible to redeem codes on the PSN again? I know they disabled it at some point last week and I'd need it to get the digital version on time.

Aerocrane

I just got an email that my copy of the 15th Anniversary Edition has been dispatched. I hope it arrives tomorrow because the 6th of December is a public holiday here in Finland.

Jezbollah

Had my PSN wallet charged overnight. Got the day off on Friday, PS3 will have downloaded my digital edition before I wake up.

My body am ready.

creyas

I just got an email that my copy of the 15th Anniversary Edition has been dispatched. I hope it arrives tomorrow because the 6th of December is a public holiday here in Finland.

Switched mine to pick up because of that so i'd at least have a chance of getting it on Saturday. Going to check some stores tomorrow if i don't hear from them.

Need the console bundle..

Top Bottom