• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

protonion

-food eaten
-phones muted
-seat belt fastened

tQRo3mN.jpg

Let's do this!

kiyomi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI1kfYhX5qc

click! watch 1440p

Raybrig HSV on Bathurst

FUCK ME! That looks BEAUTIFUL!

lol Why does 1440p look worse than 1080p on YouTube? It's really weird for me.

Anyway, yeah, the internal cockpit view looks fantastic. The external cameras - ehh, still a little rough around the edges, but it's a nice looking game either way.

I want so badly to be able to drop £40 on this, but I'm not sure I can.. I really hope I can get it for Christmas somehow :D

MisterM

I've bought a used PS3 yesterday for GT6, it should be here by Friday so I can play this weekend. Eeehh!!!!

I also got it for my huge backlog of PS+ games

I thought GT3 and GT4 were 60fps in replay. GT PSP certainly is.

In GT5, replay views with DOF and/or motion blur were 30fps. I'm sure you could still get gameplay views at 60fps though, so I'd be surprised if they're all 30 now.

meep!

Neo Member
Looking at some videos of the new Car Dealership where they bunched up Premium and Standard cars together and stoped labling them as such is making me confused.
I only drive in cockpit view and not knowing if the car is a premium or standard is going to get quite annoying. Or am I missing some kind of indication if they do or do not have a cockpit view?

Looking at some videos of the new Car Dealership where they bunched up Premium and Standard cars together and stoped labling them as such is making me confused.
I only drive in cockpit view and not knowing if the car is a premium or standard is going to get quite annoying. Or am I missing some kind of indication if they do or do not have a cockpit view?
You can drive them all from cockpit view, but the standards have darkened interiors because they are not modelled.

Which video did this come from?

Whole Vision GT annoncement and sketches we saw so far are absolutely shaping a new chapter for the perception and execution of GT6, I agree.

I think the whole Vision GT program will transform Gran Turismo into something more than just a game, the perception of the franchise will change in my opinion.

Even seeing small things in the game like a Lamborghini with special "GT" colours puts into perspective what car manufacturers think of the game now.

I'm aware of that but I meant the actual modelled interior of a premium car.
Then I don't understand your question. If you can't tell whether the car is standard or premium from just looking at it (it's pretty obvious), why are you so concerned about the interior detail?

Then I don't understand your question. If you can't tell whether the car is standard or premium from just looking at it (it's pretty obvious), why are you so concerned about the interior detail?

because the it's extremely obvious from the interior whether or not the car is premium or not. The guys question isn't hard. He doesn't want to buy a car only to realize that the interior is a standard. Let's assume he can't tell by looking at the car. The standard indicator in GT5 prevented him from buying a car with a bad interior. Now he has no way of knowing.

Jibbed

The lack of car model consistency is driving me nuts. I would much rather have a game with 300 'premium' cars than 1200 with 80% of those looking like ass.

I'm still not convinced Polyphony is entirely sure how to make a Forza-beater. I would love to see them wiping the slate clean, going back to the drawing board an building GT7 from the ground up, but it's likely going to be the just ame base game with some visual improvements. Emphasis on 'some'.

Even though the gulf between Standard and premium is still there am quite happy to see they have improved immensely.

The lack of car model consistency is driving me nuts. I would much rather have a game with 300 'premium' cars than 1200 with 80% of those looking like ass.

I'm still not convinced Polyphony is entirely sure how to make a Forza-beater.

I was against Standard cars before, until i actually started racing them in GT5. My favorite cars in the game are now all standard, so while you might not like the quality of the models you might enjoy driving them.

because the it's extremely obvious from the interior whether or not the car is premium or not. The guys question isn't hard. He doesn't want to buy a car only to realize that the interior is a standard. Let's assume he can't tell by looking at the car. The standard indicator in GT5 prevented him from buying a car with a bad interior. Now he has no way of knowing.
But I'm saying that if he can't tell by looking at the car, then it was his fault. It's still blatantly obvious. Although these people are suggesting otherwise, which I find surprising. It's like people have forgotten what a premium car looks like:
I'm pretty sure some of them are less of an improvement and more of a full premium model. That Superbird appears to be a premium since you can spot individual panel modeling on it.

That Plymouth almost looks premium.

Wat.

If gallery view is available on the car menu, It's a premium car.

Watevaman

It looks pretty close, man. And that's coming from someone who was disgusted with the standards in GT5. It's right to label them semi-premium, as even though they aren't there on the inside, they're getting closer to looking fine on the outside.

Wereroku

I'm still not convinced Polyphony is entirely sure how to make a Forza-beater. I would love to see them wiping the slate clean, going back to the drawing board an building GT7 from the ground up, but it's likely going to be the just ame base game with some visual improvements. Emphasis on 'some'.
Since when was PD trying to build a forza killer last i saw they are the leader in racing games.

amar212

The sound is. .....improved here?

I would say how car sound is improved over GT5, but it is still not "there".

For instance, when in Neutral and standing, all engines sound almost perfect (Goodwood Challenges are a great example of the above). However, once in the race, it is again more/less the GT sound-engine synthesizer issue.

I guess how further optimization of the main engine will provide PDI with needed RAM to implement a different method of working with samples. If they manage to do it, then everything will change.

On another note, I have to say again - Reverse gear can finally be downshifted down from the 1st gear. People on wheels that play on paddles will certainly appreciate that most.

I'm still not convinced Polyphony is entirely sure how to make a Forza-beater.

What is this nonsense?

Jibbed

PD's transition and subsequent contribution to the PS3's generation is nothing short of embarrassing. I've owned and loved every Gran Turismo up until GT5 Prologue, and having tried 5 on numerous occasions and keeping a close eye on 6, I'm genuinely upset to see the franchise in this state.

Sure, many people will buy and enjoy GT6, but the game is so far behind the curve on so many levels it's just sad.

Since when was PD trying to build a forza killer last i saw they are the leader in racing games.

About 8 years ago maybe, yeah.

Forza don't really have much over GT so there is no need for GT to start over .
The sound is the big one but other than that there not much for GT to be worry about .

Emwitus

PD's transition and subsequent contribution to the PS3's generation is nothing short of embarrassing. I've owned and loved every Gran Turismo up until GT5 Prologue, and having tried 5 on numerous occasions and keeping a close eye on 6, I'm genuinely upset to see the franchise in this state.

Sure, many people will buy and enjoy GT6, but the game is so far behind the curve on so many levels it's just sad.

I dont think you understand what far behind the curve is.

Unless that's another term for sound then yes. In regards to anything else? No they are not.

And considering how much content 5 has and the fact that you've only "tried" it, I can only take your statement with a big grain of salt.
I would say how car sound is improved over GT5, but it is still not "there".

For instance, when in Neutral and standing, all engines sound almost perfect (Goodwood Challenges are a great example of the above). However, once in the race, it is again more/less the GT sound-engine synthesizer issue.

I guess how further optimization of the main engine will provide PDI with needed RAM to implement a different method of working with samples. If they manage to do it, then everything will change.

On another note, I have to say again - Reverse gear can finally be downshifted down from the 1st gear. People on wheels that play on paddles will certainly appreciate that most.

What is this nonsense?

Okay. This sounds encouraging. At least it means they are tweaking things here and there

Tell me the things GT is behind the curve on.

Seanspeed

Banned

Don't do this man. I prefer Forza too, but this isn't the place to be gloating about it.

I dont think you understand what far behind the curve is.

Yep GT has it's issue and the number 1 thing is sound right now but GT6 does improve on stuff and there is only so much you can do on PS3.
Not certain if i going to buy the Disc version or the DD version yet .

Don't do this man. I prefer Forza too, but this isn't the place to be gloating about it.

You can prefer something over something else but saying GT so far behind the curve rather baseless IMO .

Clearly you have an agenda. I find this to be baseless.

Top Bottom