• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Honey Bunny

There isn't even a title screen. The game boots directly to the career menu and everything is done from there.

How surprisingly forward-thinking of PD. Very nice.

fake edit: thank god they cleaned up the Trueno, I bet Kaz saw that Initial D fan video. I wonder how much time they put into cleaning up all these standards...

OmegaDL50

How surprisingly forward-thinking of PD. Very nice.

fake edit: thank god they cleaned up the Trueno. I wonder how much time they put into cleaning up all these standards...

Seeing as the graphical assets team probably had nothing to do in the interim when the programming guys already got the new suspension and tire-modeling coded into the game.

I'd say when they weren't working on entirely new premiums, they just used the downtime to clean up whatever they could.

To think that GT6 is also going to have subsequent updates via patches, so I won't be surprised to see more standards upgraded in a similar fashion. I mean some of the standards in GT5 were also fixed with updates, not improvements but texture related bugs.

So if GT5 had corrections, then GT6 is more then likely to get the same treatment as well for it's updates.

PD's transition and subsequent contribution to the PS3's generation is nothing short of embarrassing. I've owned and loved every Gran Turismo up until GT5 Prologue, and having tried 5 on numerous occasions and keeping a close eye on 6, I'm genuinely upset to see the franchise in this state.

Sure, many people will buy and enjoy GT6, but the game is so far behind the curve on so many levels it's just sad.

About 8 years ago maybe, yeah.
PD needs to work on car sounds and AI, but the fundamental reason to play the game, the driving, remains sublime.
And they are not behind on giving players dynamic weather and 24 hr. time of day racing, something Turn 10 hasnt done in 5 tries on three different platforms.

p3tran

Banned
I have over 100 games I need to play on my PC! lol

For PS3, there's only a small handful of games I want to play. Big racing fan so GT would be one of them(I have GT5 right now). Not too big on most Sony IP's, though. Demons Souls, Journey, The Last of Us are the main games I'm interested in.

I have no plans to buy a PS4.

EDIT: Oh yea, Laguna Seca looks miles better.

I say keep the ps3 for now and get the game. thats what I'm doing too.
the only other reason that I keep the ps3 around than to see gt6 , is sometime maybe finish tlou :)
I even bought a dfgt for this, after selling the fanatec. you know, the wheel that broke on assetto corsa. my arrangement is to will pick the replacement wheel along with the game.

so, play it, and then sell it along with the console, if you where planning to sell it.

I think they've all received a degree of tidying up, but some less than others - this is still pretty poor:

17461257116638756585.jpg
you are very correct, but frankly, I only care that polyphony are done with this and bring out ps4 version at a reasonable time frame.
I wish they didnt even spend any time on patching these things the way they did (I think its a safe bet to say that they wont be used in ps4), but I can understand how ps3 sales are more important to them. I dont like, but I understand.

I've said before, GT is a superb driving game, but it is not necessarily a great racing game.

I think that GT as an overall package is truly outstanding, though. Even with its undeniable flaws, it's still a phenomenal franchise.
both polyphony and turn10 are hindered by their respective platforms.
we wouldnt be discussing gt sound had ps3 not be ps3 and kaz had not shoot for the sun with the gfx, or framerate, we wouldnt be talking about plastic and AA in forza either.

what I want, is polyphony to move their asses to ps4. like, last year!!

Juicy Bob

PD needs to work on car sounds and AI, but the fundamental reason to play the game, the driving, remains sublime.
And they are not behind on giving players dynamic weather and 24 hr. time of day racing, something Turn 10 hasnt done in 5 tries on three different platforms.
I've said before, GT is a superb driving game, but it is not necessarily a great racing game.

I think that GT as an overall package is truly outstanding, though. Even with its undeniable flaws, it's still a phenomenal franchise.

Guys have the A.I. Drivers improved

Aggressive driving when they are not in 1st place, to try to get in 1st place?

Drafting to overtake?

Blocking and or cutting off in turns?

Or are they the typical Gran Turismo Drones of follow the perfect line no matter what, with no ambition of being in 1st place.

Don't take what I stated as trolling, I love the series and I have GT5. I want this game to be great as I will pick it up day 1. I just want the feeling of being challenged.

benzy

Bathurst in rain, and the guy posted some impressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvJ9IMYV6E

- Driving in rain is really rewarding; it is necessarily to be constantly be on the edge of concentration to keep the car on the road.
- Driving without ABS is perfectly possible, even in the worst conditions like these. With standard brake balance (5 front, 5 rear), it is the front tyres that lock up first. This is a huge improvement over Gran Turismo 5, where it was needed to really dumb down the rear braking balance. Trailbraking is also possible now, but with care.
- The spray effect is just as blinding as in this video, making races really, really exciting. I was on the edge of my seat on the straight @ 300 km/h (186 mph) seeing absolutely nothing.
- AI on hard difficulty and 10 agressiveness (set in the options) is very eager to get by. Many times they've tried to pass me by coming up to the side and outbraking me. In this video, you see quicker cars like the CLK Le Mans car overtake me on the straights without hesitation (and I'm not holding back).
- During gameplay there are no noticable framedrops. In replays from the track camera views, there are framedrops and the screen gets choppy, especially when there are a lot of cars and spray visible on screen.

Prophane33

It's going to be a loooong 9 days. Stupid grad school. So busy finishing things up, then I have to grade stuff. Argh. But yeah, next Friday I'm going to be up till 3am playing GT6 after I open it.

-Amon-

- Driving without ABS is perfectly possible, even in the worst conditions like these. With standard brake balance (5 front, 5 rear), it is the front tyres that lock up first. This is a huge improvement over Gran Turismo 5, where it was needed to really dumb down the rear braking balance. Trailbraking is also possible now, but with care.

Sounds interesting, big step forward for me.

I'd like to know what happens in GT6 if you downshift from second to first gear without blipping the throttle when ABS is set to 0.

In GT5 you had rear wheels locking hard, now ?

- Driving in rain is really rewarding; it is necessarily to be constantly be on the edge of concentration to keep the car on the road.
- The spray effect is just as blinding as in this video, making races really, really exciting. I was on the edge of my seat on the straight @ 300 km/h (186 mph) seeing absolutely nothing.
- AI on hard difficulty and 10 agressiveness (set in the options) is very eager to get by. Many times they've tried to pass me by coming up to the side and outbraking me. In this video, you see quicker cars like the CLK Le Mans car overtake me on the straights without hesitation (and I'm not holding back).
- During gameplay there are no noticable framedrops. In replays from the track camera views, there are framedrops and the screen gets choppy, especially when there are a lot of cars and spray visible on screen.

He edited this in, too:

"Of course, in corners AI cars are still too slow and that's where I'm winning time."

Watevaman

Man, this looks terrible. Being in the mist of the car in front of you should not only blind your view of the track, but also cover your windshield in a dense layer of water.

I'm still gonna get the game, but I'm gonna try my best to avoid racing at night and in the rain. Probably won't be until late next gen that I'm happy with the weather effects.

Is there anyone that can comment on how the graphics during gameplay compare to Forza 5?

Forza looks really nice and I'm not sure I want to go back and play GT6

otapnam

Man, this looks terrible. Being in the mist of the car in front of you should not only blind your view of the track, but also cover your windshield in a dense layer of water.

I'm still gonna get the game, but I'm gonna try my best to avoid racing at night and in the rain. Probably won't be until late next gen that I'm happy with the weather effects.

it actually looks pretty good for off screen footage

FrankWza

no midnight launch for Gamestop. damn. i could have picked this up 2 days ago but im waiting for the car bonus. also, that GS box cover is sick. is it a sleeve or the actual game case...anyone know?

Lacix

1280x720 and 1440x1080p. 720p should definitely be 60 fps, but I don't know about the 1080p mode this time.

It should be a setting in the game to choose between 720p and 1080p output because it is not a good solution to change the ps3 output resolution every time someone wants to play the game with good frame rates.

It should be a setting in the game to choose between 720p and 1080p output because it is not a good solution to change the ps3 output resolution every time someone wants to play the game with good frame rates.

I completely agree.

Do we have any information on this for GT6? Can you select the resolution in the game settings?

FrankWza

i play all my ps3 games at 720p. i dont even have the option checked for 1080i/p. is there a ps3 game that looks and performs better or same on 1080p as 720p? i though this was just the way to go to keep lag/frame rate in check?

-Amon-

Sounds interesting, big step forward for me.

I'd like to know what happens in GT6 if you downshift from second to first gear without blipping the throttle when ABS is set to 0.

In GT5 you had rear wheels locking hard, now ?

Nobody ? :/

Top Bottom