• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Vormund

GPS Visualiser - This is a feature that allows you to import Controller Area Network (CAN), used to regulate automobile systems, and GPS coordinate data from a real life car into Gran Turismo 6, and visualise the data as a replay in the game. The feature is planned to be compatible with the Toyota Motor Corporation’s CAN-Gateway ECU.

PS3? Check.
Fanatec wheel? Check.
PlaySeat? Check.
Toyota GT86? Check.

Also I just came back from Tokyo motor show where they had time trial comps. Looked pretty sweet.

http://youtu.be/YGNf51gQ4NY

Dead Man

NGRL (NeoGAF Racing League), would work nicely? Unless another name already exists from GT5 before prior to me joining these forums.

I believe that was one of the names that we used for races in GT5. NRL was the abbreviation though I think. Could be wrong, last time I raced with GAF was quite a while ago.

Dead Man

It's going to be quite hard and sad to listen to the cars in GT6 after FM5 but I'm trying to block that emotion out simply because I can use a wheel, and because of the variation of weather and night and racing disciplines and the amount of cars and the amount of tracks.

It's a good time to be a racing fan.

Yeah, plenty of content for sure. No complaints in that area (besides wishing for more classic original tracks, but I will never be happy until they are all there lol)

DonMigs85

I loved GT5 and poured hundreds of hours into it but I find it hard to get excited for this game. Maybe because next-gen is here and the frame rate drops I saw in the demo.

I've had a soft spot for the Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo since GT1.

Haven't we all?

Great job on the OT Norante, must have takes ages to come up with all the info.

Ready to roll, just a shame i'll miss the first three weeks due to a trip. WAIT FOR ME GUYS! Don't stop playing online.

Ranger X

Ok so I count on seasoned GT fans to tell me how is the grinding into this one and if its shifted towards microtransactions.

I already cancelled my pre-ordered when I learned about the microtransactions but now guys, your are the only ones that can save a GT6 sale. I will buy this game only if if there's as much (or less) grinding than on GT5 and this while never spending a dime on microtransactions.

Ok so I count on seasoned GT fans to tell me how is the grinding into this one and if its shifted towards microtransactions.

I already cancelled my pre-ordered when I learned about the microtransactions but now guys, your are the only ones that can save a GT6 sale. I will buy this game only if if there's as much (or less) grinding than on GT5 and this while never spending a dime on microtransactions.

Someone on GTplanet said that feels that it's way too easy to earn credits in the game. So, if that helps you any.

OmegaDL50

I suppose that can't be a bad sign!

PD never had an aggressive DLC campaign with GT5, why would you expect them act any different in regards to GT6?

The fact they are giving several months worth of Vision GT concept cars from various manufacturers away entirely as a free DLC, paints a rather telling picture on their stance in regards of digital content and microtransactions toward the game.

Mush

I won't have access to a wheel until Christmas and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that since there's no B-Spec.

OmegaDL50

I won't have access to a wheel until Christmas and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that since there's no B-Spec.

It's been stated over at GTPlanet that B-Spec is integrated into the Career mode like it was in Gran Turismo 4, the option to pick between both A and B spec for any event.

This should make endurance events even better being able to swap out of your current driver and let one of the AI bob's take over, and being able to resume later after the AI Bob gets tired or whatnot.

The way GT5 handled Endurance races was unrealistic in that they expected the player to do entirely everything themselves. Even in real life 24 hour races are done with full racing teams, in that it's against the rules for a single racer to drive any entire race themselves, and must swap in rotation after a certain point.

Dead Man

It's been stated over at GTPlanet that B-Spec is integrated into the Career mode like it was in Gran Turismo 4, the option to pick between both A and B spec for any event.

This should make endurance events even better being able to swap out of your current driver and let one of the AI bob's take over, and being able to resume later after the AI Bob gets tired or whatnot.

The way GT5 handled Endurance races was unrealistic in that they expected the player to do entirely everything themselves. Even in real life 24 hour races are done with full racing teams, in that it's against the rules for a single racer to drive any entire race themselves, and must swap in rotation after a certain point.

That is excellent news, 5 was such a step backward. I think Mush just doesn't want to drive without a wheel though.

You also need to consider that GT6 was in development before even before PS4 devkits where shipped out so it's not like PD was going to scrap the existing work they already did and shift development to a console with a smaller userbase.

The PS3 has roughly 80 million consoles sold worldwide, in comparison with the PS4 only having 1 million thus far. So it's a given that GT6 will sell far more on the PS3 because of this.

Then there is the fact there hasn't ever been a GT game released on any Sony console hardware at launch due Kaz's perfectionist mentality towards the game, and I wouldn't expect this from him considering PD will take their time learning the workings of the PS4 hardware before they release a game for it.

can we please stop saying kaz is a perfectionist

his game still uses ps2 assets in the year 2013

beast786

hey guys,

I didn't find the info in OP. but trying to track down the preorder in which 1:32 scale Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition diecast model is included. I know its a japan exclusive but I couldn't find it anywhere to import. Anyone has any idea where or how, I even checked ebay

Thanks in advance

EDIT: great OP

Honey Bunny

OmegaDL50

can we please stop saying kaz is a perfectionist

his game still uses ps2 assets in the year 2013

Sure PD could have decided to not borrow cars from the previous game to reuse in GT5, then the car roster would have been consist of 200, and by the same guideline, only 380 for GT6.

Of course unless you honestly expect PD can realistically create an additional 700+ Premium vehicles and laser scanned tracks, with a company consisted of roughly 120 employees on what is considered one of the most annoyingly difficult console platforms to develop for (Cell PPC architecture)

I can guarantee you the complaints would then be shifted from (lesser quality car models) to (lesser overall car count)

In that consideration, less does not equal more in this case.

Radec

damn, I need a wheeeeeel for this!

my retailer is offering this for the sig edition:

1.Gran Turismo®6 15th Anniversary Edition:
• Gran Turismo®6 Game Disc
• Special Booklet "Beyond the Apex"
• Download Contents (Product Codes)
-15th Anniversary Cars 20 types
-15th Anniversary Custom Race Suit & helmet
-Custom Paint Chips
• 1 Million In-Game Credits
* GT6 car-shaped 8GB USB (1 of the 2 designs)
* 3D DLC Voucher Card which includes:
-Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 15th Anniversary Edition (C7) (2014)
-Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition (2012)
-Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition (2013)

dreamfall

Beautiful OT, Been revisiting GT5 in anticipation, just properly excited about weather changes!

I think I'm going with GameStop for the Anniversary edition.

Sure PD could have decided to not borrow cars from the previous game to reuse in GT5, then the car roster would have been consist of 200, and by the same guideline, only 380 for GT6.

Of course unless you honestly expect PD can realistically create an additional 700+ Premium vehicles and laser scanned tracks, with a company consisted of roughly 120 employees on what is considered one of the most annoyingly difficult console platforms to develop for (Cell PPC architecture)

I can guarantee you the complaints would then be shifted from (lesser quality car models) to (lesser overall car count)

In that consideration, less does not equal more in this case.

You can always outsource like any modern company, or you know, use the magic of sharing assets with evolution to bring in more cars.

At this point user made mods for low budget sims are better looking and better sounding than 70% of GT6's car roster.

Actually, it would be great if GT allowed for community mods. It would help a ton!

damn, I need a wheeeeeel for this!

my retailer is offering this for the sig edition:

1.Gran Turismo®6 15th Anniversary Edition:
• Gran Turismo®6 Game Disc
• Special Booklet "Beyond the Apex"
• Download Contents (Product Codes)
-15th Anniversary Cars 20 types
-15th Anniversary Custom Race Suit & helmet
-Custom Paint Chips
• 1 Million In-Game Credits
* 3D DLC Voucher Card which includes:
-Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 15th Anniversary Edition (C7) (2014)
-Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition (2012)
-Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition (2013)

Are you in Asia? Because that's the only region that seems to be receiving a physical copy of BtA.

Radec

Are you in Asia? Because that's the only region that seems to be receiving a physical copy of BtA.

Yes.

They also have these:

Gran Turismo®6 Collector's Pack - Asia Exclusive 15th Anniversary Edition:
• Gran Turismo®6 15th Anniversary Edition
• NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition Diecast Car
* Pre-order Exclusive DLC 3D Voucher Card which includes:
-Audi R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition (2012)

Gran Turismo®6 Racing Pack - 15th Anniversary Edition
• Gran Turismo®6 15th Anniversary Edition
• 500GB PS3 Super Slim console w/ Dual Shock 3
* Pre-order Exclusive DLC 3D Voucher Card which includes:
-Audi R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition (2012)

I'll probably go for the Anniversary edition only since I don't collect diecasts.

I hate to be THAT guy but I would have loved to have played this on my PS4.. I wouldn't even be asking for much, just 1080p, rock-solid 60fps, and maybe the highest quality car models in gameplay.. just a simple port.

NeoGash

Was just playing Forza 4 all day today and I am very, very excited for this as I really want night racing and weather effects. The game looks gorgeous, Gran Turismo has always made cars look 'right' if you know what I mean. One thing though, when is the sound patch coming out for it? A massive part of the appeal in Forza for me is the sound. With my headset it sounds amazing, and I couldn't drive without that.

I might wait for them to patch the sounds in (if it doesn't make it for launch). Other than that, the game looks to be so full of content and might be the best racing game this generation (and next-gen o_O).

OmegaDL50

I actually prefer what they are doing in GT6.

GT5 had "baked" pre-computed lightning to free up GPU resources without effecting the performance, wheras GT6 has far more real-time rendered lighting for the new time of day and changing weather conditions.

I suppose it's a preference thing. I just prefer real-time rather then something that is preset.

Here's some pictures I took

ix2Wf99LmIJvA.jpg

iD0gFZoXkYqei.jpg

ibymNfbEv3KTtb.jpg

ifgV6Tef7TN5j.jpg

mr2xxx

Banned
If you don't get the special Gamestop edition are those cars still accessable in some way on the other editions?

Top Bottom