• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

amar212

My guess:

It is your guess. Not a fact. And grind was always in GT games, since the first GT. You can call it archaic, you may not like it, but impying they are doing something because you guess it is like that and not taking into account the series history is nothing but your own personal subjective guess.

JimiNutz

Banned
Looks good, I'm content playing Forza 5 until they bring GT over to the PS4.

I'm in the same boat. Probably would have bought PS4 at launch had this been a launch game for the system.
Hope this turns out better than GT5 and then makes its way over to PS4 soon.

OmegaDL50

No no and no. You can't know at the start of a game if MT changed the game structure because the "frustating" moment when people are the most encline to BUY stuff is later in the game.

Do you really think game designers did not build the game so you don't feel pushed to buy MT at the start ? You need to invest time before being encline to spend more money. Stop being so naive.

What if the very beginning is nice and all...and suddenly, between Amateur and Pro it suddenly becomes way too hard, or way too long, or does not give you enough money to buy cars you need (that may cost like 1000000Cr...)... YOU DON'T KNOW.

And we would not even have to wonder this kind of shit if MT were not in.

Now stop misinformation please. We all got that you love the GT series and all... but please stick to the facts.

And you do know that Microtransactions are going to change the game? You know it's nice for you tell me to stick to the facts, I find it you're being intentionally disingenuous just to support your own views.

At least I've gave supportive evidence from people that have actually played the game, so it's based on information that actually exists.

To claim that the microtransactions "WILL" effect the game themselves is fairly big assumption.

However what WE can do is extrapolate on existing information that is already confirmed and go from there.

You can make make "guesses" as Amar brought up, but they aren't facts and are equally unsubstantiated.

Emwitus

And you do know that Microtransactions are going to change the game? You know it's nice for you tell me to stick to the facts, I find it you're being intentionally disingenuous just to support your own views.

At least I've gave supportive evidence from people that have actually played the game, so it's based on information that actually exists.

To claim that the microtransactions "WILL" effect the game themselves is fairly big assumption.

However what WE can do is extrapolate on existing information that is already confirmed and go from there.

You can make make "guesses" as Amar brought up, but they aren't facts and are equally unsubstantiated.
Don't even bother with solal.

Niks

I said it before, MT should be aimed at casuals.. The problem with Forza is that they also targeted the hardcore with MT.

MT should be an option to gamers, and not central tothe gaming experience.

Networker

Banned
Man I want this game SO badly. But they really dropped the ball releasing this on PS3. I don't give a shit about the graphics, because I played the demo and they look great, but the load time and the PS3 controller is going to hold me not to buy this game.

QaaQer

It's a psychological change more than anything, and the type you can ignore, if you want the satisfaction of overcoming a challenge, as you say someone else won't and would just rage quit meaning they're not up for the challenge, in a twisted sense if that same person is willing to open up their wallet, it means PD get extra cash and they're less likely to trade in the game.

So long as they don't overhaul the whole structure of the game to pressure you into spending money at every turn, it's a more co-habitual compromise compared to the out and out free to play shit found on smart phones that shoves everything in your face.

What I'm trying to say is that the options in challenging non-microtransaction games are: ragequit or preserve. Adding microtransactions changes the equation fundamentally to ragequit, persevere, or buy your way through.

Yes, some of the people who would have quit previously will buy their way through. Others will persevere and spend no money. And then there are the people who would have persisted in the past, but will now choose to buy their way through.

The people that I'm focusing in the last group. Maybe that group is tiny and doesn't matter, I do not know. But for those people, offering a real money way to cheat fundamentally changes the game experience.

Poor analogy.

These micro transactions in GT don't make you insta win lol. This is not pay to win. It simply gives you access to expensive cars and before you think that expensive = better just stop. A 100k car in Gt5 could easily outpace a 20 million one (same PP bracket) if it was tuned properly and more importantly driven properly.

You can spend a shit load of money buying a 20 million car. You still have to drive it properly to complete the race. If we compare it to Souls, it would be like having micro transactions for rare weapons/armour. These rare weapons/armour may not always be better and you still have to control your character to overcome the battle.

True, the analogy isn't perfect. But I think you get my point.

Interesting times.

OmegaDL50

Well it's just something we will have to wait and see on.

I mean GT5 had a ton of patch updates, (up to 2.14 from what I can remember) and GT6 is apparently more modular in regards to changes. So it's entirely up in the air on what PD will do.

Nothing ever seems to be set in stone with the constant tweaks be it minor or major that they do.

Considering Kaz said there was going to be a day-1 patch. And future updates for that GPS, who knows what unannounced and other nonspecific changes will occur in GT6's future.

It's going to be one of things we will just have to wait on.

Man I want this game SO badly. But they really dropped the ball releasing this on PS3. I don't give a shit about the graphics, because I played the demo and they look great, but the load time and the PS3 controller is going to hold me not to buy this game.

You may be able to use the DS4.. without rumble of course..

So why isn't this on PS4?

You are supposed to make early adopters excited for their purchase, not make them feel they are far too ahead of the game when main entry series are still being released on the previous iteration of the console.

What is the point?

Yeah, because Sony is having a real hard time selling ps4s.

Caramello

I don't have the time to grind for the most desirable cars so I'm happy that there is a way for me to get those cars if I can't manage to build up the credits on my own.

ascii42

No no and no. You can't know at the start of a game if MT changed the game structure because the "frustating" moment when people are the most encline to BUY stuff is later in the game.

Do you really think game designers did not build the game so you don't feel pushed to buy MT at the start ? You need to invest time before being encline to spend more money. Stop being so naive.

What if the very beginning is nice and all...and suddenly, between Amateur and Pro it suddenly becomes way too hard, or way too long, or does not give you enough money to buy cars you need (that may cost like 1000000Cr...)... YOU DON'T KNOW.

And we would not even have to wonder this kind of shit if MT were not in.

Now stop misinformation please. We all got that you love the GT series and all... but please stick to the facts.

Interesting thing to say when the rest of your post is speculation.

Saw this being played at Tokyo Motor Show today. Looked nice, though some of the ground textures are a bit last gen. Menus seemed snappy too, unlike GT5. Curious how the complete package has turned out, whether Kaz has turned it around or not. After GT5 I'm cautious.

Goldenhen

I'm thinking of buying Wheel Stand Pro for my younger brother since he play it regularly. I bought him Logitech Driving Force GT not long ago and I want to know your opinion on Wheel Stand Pro if you have purchased them before. Would you recommend it to your family and friends to buy it? Is it easy to assemble it? Is it stable to use it while driving?

The only reason I'm asking is because the wheel stand pro is going cost me more than I paid for Driving Force GT.

I'm thinking of buying Wheel Stand Pro for my younger brother since he play it regularly. I bought him Logitech Driving Force GT not long ago and I want to know your opinion on Wheel Stand Pro if you have purchased them before. Would you recommend it to your family and friends to buy it? Is it easy to assemble it? Is it stable to use it while driving?

The only reason I'm asking is because the wheel stand pro is going cost me more than I paid for Driving Force GT.

I've heard good things. Will be buying one for my G27 this holiday. Seems perfect for couch gaming, and easily stowable while not in use.

What I'm trying to say is that the options in challenging non-microtransaction games are: ragequit or preserve. Adding microtransactions changes the equation fundamentally to ragequit, persevere, or buy your way through.

Yes, some of the people who would have quit previously will buy their way through. Others will persevere and spend no money. And then there are the people who would have persisted in the past, but will now choose to buy their way through.

The people that I'm focusing in the last group. Maybe that group is tiny and doesn't matter, I do not know. But for those people, offering a real money way to cheat fundamentally changes the game experience.

True, the analogy isn't perfect. But I think you get my point.

Interesting times.

This is incorrect for GT6. The challenge in GT is not getting the most expensive cars but completing the races. You cannot buy your way to victory in GT6.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

amar212

This is incorrect for GT6. The challenge in GT is not getting the most expensive cars but completing the races. You cannot buy your way to victory in GT6.

Especially because of restrictions on both PP and tire compound in the career. Those used to blazing through GT Mode with 600HP monsters on Racing Soft are in for surprise.

GT2 philosophy has returned. With some self-sustaning (~100-150 PP less than opponents and 1-notch weaker compound) career races will be interesting for more demanding players.

AlexMogil

And people can say what they want about GT having 2D trees but they look very realistic compared to other racers. Even Forza 5 has 2D trees on some tracks and they look nowhere near this realistic.

Really don't have a problem with 2D trees or crowds in GT or Forza. People were completely high fiving each other over it in Forza and it really doesn't matter. The cars, tracks, modeling, and driving are what matter.

benzy

gt6-bmw-bathursttpcgb.gif

gt6-bmw-bathurst-2tnfiq.gif

Really don't have a problem with 2D trees or crowds in GT or Forza. People were completely high fiving each other over it in Forza and it really doesn't matter. The cars, tracks, modeling, and driving are what matter.

Some people think it's such a sixth-gen console and below type of thing. =\

Top Bottom