• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

benzy

A bit weird to compare to maxed out downsampled PC Forza screens. Might as well just compare to supersampled GTS pics where the improved texture filtering and IQ brings it up a notch.

image_gran_turismo_sport-33857-3427_0018.jpg

Putty

A bit weird to compare to maxed out downsampled PC Forza screens. Might as well just compare to supersampled GTS pics where the improved texture filtering and IQ brings it up a notch.

image_gran_turismo_sport-33857-3427_0018.jpg

Some of the texture is superb on GT-S noticable. The tarmac in particular can looks stonkng. Hoping the Pro improvements are lengthy....

Lordani66

Banned
The car wasn't moving very fast 15-30mph...so you're correct about blur not being very noticible. I made another post that included motion blur. It looks so clean because I'm also running two forms of AA on top of each other too.

I call BS. Your GT picture shows the cars are going 60 miles per hour and it's the same track and spot between both games, no way cars would go 15-30 mph at that spot there exactly (there's no need for that slow speed, especially considering it's a part of the track that you speed up), and it doesn't matter the car classes differ, 60 mph is not too much for a GTI Golf either way, and to think other cars would be driving at 15-30 mph there too (whether they are AI or people online, talking about Forza obviously), it doesn't add up, because okay, maybe you would go 15 mph there to take a pic, but no way other cars would slow down for you to match your speed to be in the frame of the screenshot.

EVEN if you took it in gameplay at 15 mph, why would you NOT emulate the exact same scenario as in GT to have the same speed, and thus, have blur, unless than to have differences between those two, but then it would be nice to point them out, which you did not and treated both of these pics as if you emulated exactly the same scenario in both games.

Oh and don't talk about AA, as it has nothing to do with crisp textures of the ground like there is no movement of the camera... I am an IT/CS engineer and I know what AA does. If anything, there would be less jaggies if you would be going 100mph not 15mph, look at driveclub stationary vs in motion, even at 10mph. I'm talking here about AA alone.

And still, 60mph, 30mph, or 15mph it doesn't matter, the ground looks like there is completely no movement either way. I still doubt this was a screenshot taken in the gameplay, and not in photo mode.

Either way, these pics are completely uncomparable given all these differences, not even talking about the difference in resolution.

Mascot

'Bullshots' is an insufficient term to address the inevitable posting of Scapes in the upcoming GTS vs pCARS2 vs FM7 |OT| Your Pet Game Looks Fucking Shit thread.

Any suggestions?

danowat

Banned
'Bullshots' is an insufficient term to address the inevitable posting of Scapes in the upcoming GTS vs pCARS2 vs FM7 |OT| Your Pet Game Looks Fucking Shit thread.

Any suggestions?

Anything that keeps all that "my game is better than your game" BS out of the main OT gets my vote.

Gestault

I had assumed the shot I clipped was from normal photo mode. An alarming number of times I look at a screen and think they've done a particularly good job, it turns out it's an actual photo. I'm honestly annoyed by scapes now. It's not even a user's composition, when it really comes down to it. For me personally, I'm realizing it doesn't feel in the "spirit" of a screenshot (yes, even compared to photo mode improvements) from a game.

I don't want to see my cars in someone else's diorama. Imagining myself using it, it feels more useful for community marketing than what I want. Which I guess is fair, because people enjoy these games for different reasons.

Does the EU beta forum work for everybody here? There seem to have been quite a few issues with testers not getting access or not having the rights to post there.

Also, sometimes I don't know whether put in a suggestion or not.
For example I'm annoyed that the clutch pedal only works in cars that use an H-pattern shifter, even though maybe 90% of the cars in the beta would/should have a clutch pedal in real life. I'm sure they know this and there is probably some design decision behind this that I don't understand. I have quite a few these kind of suggestions, but it doesn't seem worth it to report them and I kept it mostly to bug-like things or stuff probably hasn't realized/thought-through.

Putty

Does the EU beta forum work for everybody here? There seem to have been quite a few issues with testers not getting access or not having the rights to post there.

Also, sometimes I don't know whether put in a suggestion or not.
For example I'm annoyed that the clutch pedal only works in cars that use an H-pattern shifter, even though maybe 90% of the cars in the beta would/should have a clutch pedal in real life. I'm sure they know this and there is probably some design decision behind this that I don't understand. I have quite a few these kind of suggestions, but it doesn't seem worth it to report them and I kept it mostly to bug-like things or stuff probably hasn't realized/thought-through.

I've never been able to get on. Says i don't have permission to post..

I've never been able to get on. Says i don't have permission to post..

Are you logged in with your playstation account? Try using the link from the original mail you got your code from, without using that link, I can't get access to main forum, only to threads via links from browser history or community alerts.

If that doesn't work either, you can message me your suggestions/bugs, I'll report them for you.

Putty

Are you logged in with your playstation account? Try using the link from the original mail you got your code from, without using that link, I can't get access to main forum, only to threads via links from browser history or community alerts.

If that doesn't work either, you can message me your suggestions/bugs, I'll report them for you.

Ok, i'll try...

Ta.

Hux1ey

Banned

Any suggestions?

Difference is on PC you can actually play those bullshots!

My god, I'm watching a streaming, and the driver Windfire1010 is a monster, he's so fast o_O

Until you find out that even he struggles against IOF-RACING, IOF wins every race he is in (which makes sense since he is a Formula 3 racer in Brazil), and I've watched most races he's been in (Erickgtr3123 streams every night and is usually matched up against him and other elite drivers like Setted, tunernaut, TNR_5zigen e.t.c). I feel like after a certain level I might never win a race again because of the guys I would be paired with.

Good comparison...there's a clear winner mind...

GTS looking better than AC on PS4 is a pretty low bar. AAA console exclusive v. a three year old PC game ported to consoles. AC v. GT6 is more apt than AC v. GTS. The very fucking least GTS can do is look better than a three year old PC port. It still sounds worse. So that's fun.

GTS looking better than AC on PS4 is a pretty low bar. AAA console exclusive v. a three year old PC game ported to consoles. AC v. GT6 is more apt than AC v. GTS. The very fucking least GTS can do is look better than a three year old PC port. It still sounds worse. So that's fun.
I have to disagree on this.

Putty

So compare a close to 5yr old console game to a 3yr old PC game? Gotcha...

It's look better whether it's supposed to or not...

AC and GT6 came out a year apart. If you want to pretend porting a PC game to a console counts as development of a game, enjoy your bubble. Use AC on PC, the platform it was designed for against GTS. People love using console exclusives against multi platform games but as soon as you bring PC main into the mix against consoles all bets are off. If AC was PS4 exclusive, we would start to have a somewhat level playing field. Even then,AAA studio with massive budget, on their 7th title and bound to Sony at he hip v. small teams first game ported to a console. Wow, congrats PD!

Putty

AC and GT6 came out a year apart. If you want to pretend porting a PC game to a console counts as development of a game, enjoy your bubble. Use AC on PC, the platform it was designed for against GTS. People love using console exclusives against multi platform games but as soon as you bring PC main into the mix against consoles all bets are off. If AC was PS4 exclusive, we would start to have a somewhat level playing field. Even then,AAA studio with massive budget, on their 7th title and bound to Sony at he hip v. small teams first game ported to a console. Wow, congrats PD!

Steady son....It's better regardless of circumstances...No one's high fiving. Relax...

Come on man... Seriously?
Seriously what? In that particular video they almost sound identical with AC having that noise i talked about earlier.

Well, you do hear that in a fast car in real life, too...
So it's not that the engine note in GTS is horrible? GTS lacks tire rolling so how does that make the engine not bad when it sounds pretty much like AC but without that tire rolling sound if that's what the sound is?

Putty

I'm using headphones and they almost sound identical with AC having this weird sound on top of the exhaust sound itself. I don't know what it's called.

They are far from identical mind. AC sounds more raw and aggressive with a number of additional layers. The one thing GT:S does well with the engine sounds is the smoothness of the crossfades...No phasing/chorus issues which i notice a little bit on AC and moreso on PCars. One thing i'd like to see with GT:S is idling sounds, it's quite an omission tbh... Can't hear to well on this vid but GT:S has wind that builds up the faster you go and is also affected by a car/cars in front of you breaking the wind resistance...

Sebmugi

Much better than GT5 or GT6 is still a long way off from good.

All the sounds around the engine, exhaust / transmission are good see better than the competitors, after the engines do not sound all good but some like the corvette or the hyundai are nice

GT still needs to sound better. Duh. That's not a particularly fair comparison, though. It's literally not the same car. That Gr4 GT-R is detuned on power, too, even if you wanted to ignore all the other differences. Of course it's going to sound different. Wait for the final game and -then- we can mock how bad the stock GT-R sounds, fair enough?
My expectations remain low.

I didn't know that widening the 'Ring was a "thing" in racing games. Gross.

emjot

I just had time to try the beta yesterday for the first time. I didn't have time to do proper qualifying laps with car setups, so I just went with the stock setup from the back of the pack.
It was the worst online racing experience I ever had. The driving was so bad, everybody just crashing and bumping. The ghosting is so distracting, it's good you're not getting pushed off track in every corner, but I'd just fuck up anyway. This was only Brands Hatch, it got worse on Nurb, couldn't call that racing at all. I finished with a race on the oval, started 4th and won the race eventually, so starting front really helped with the crashing. But from the technical side, this was the worst, cars lagging the whole race, warping all over the track, going backwards, overtaking me with lightspeed just to go straight in the corner - the cars were just all over the place. There was a lot of luck involved finishing first, it helped bump my driver rating up from -9 to + 14, so I hope I get some better racing on today.
Frame rate seems solid, didn't notice slow downs like in GT6, but the conditions were not very taxing.

Also the stock setups of the cars are really bad, that Mustang Gr 4 feels like a boat. I think there could come some better racing out of it with better stock setups even for beginners.

Steady son....It's better regardless of circumstances...No one's high fiving. Relax...

"Regardless of circumstances" is not the construct of a meaningful comparison. GTS looks better than GT1, regardless of circumstances. What a fun comparison! Circumstances are essential when comparing things.

Putty

"Regardless of circumstances" is not the construct of a meaningful comparison. GTS looks better than GT1, regardless of circumstances. What a fun comparison! Circumstances are essential when comparing things.

TBH where GT is concerned i'm not sure you are able to have a meaningful convo...

Top Bottom