• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Sebmugi

170513122819645579.gif

Man the SR/DR systems are fantastic. Never had cleaner and competitive racing in open lobbies like that before. Hope they improve the net code (it's good enough 7/10 times).

There is a media cup going on atm and we (GTPlanet) are dominating so far.

Just got a 6:41 with the AMG on the Nurb. While I'm happy about that, the current record is 11 seconds faster. The question is: How?

Are there any shortcuts you can abuse? Otherwise I just don't see how one can improve my lap as significant as that...

benzy

The top players need to post their replays.

lol, you already are...i've so many "close friends" on PSN ...i sent a real name request anyway...

Must have been in that mass neogaf Driveclub psn swaps lol. Got the request but I didn't see any option to accept or maybe it did it automatically.

Putty

The top players need to post their replays.

Must have been in that mass neogaf Driveclub psn swaps lol. Got the request but I didn't see any option to accept or maybe it did it automatically.

Yep, that'l be the one lol! I must of had at least 100 or so requests back then!

amar212

Finally got my code.

Where canI find the tunes people are using? It is ridicilous difference in times I see in quailify?

Also, I am crazy because of ratings. I managed to get clas S in my SR; but I am D for the DR. So, I am constantly last, because there is no D drivers in damn S class :/

Piggus

The gifs look really good, but some of them would be a bit more realistic with a racing wheel rather than a controller. The controller (especially with high sensitivity settings) results in some really unrealistic steering speed/movement. Or maybe that's just something PD needs to tweak. Either way, there's no way a human can turn the wheels of a car with 900 degrees of steering lock so quickly, like in this gif:

Also haven't seen a lot of people talking about this, but the beta has a fantastic soundtrack.

I completely agree. Most people seem to find that the music in a racing game (especially of the sim'ish kind) is the absolute least important thing and above that there is the "just use spotify" argument.

For me the music helps to set the tone of the whole game.
You don't even need to play for a second, just watch the opening movie and browse the menus and you should know what kind of game this is and how it feels about racing. Compare DiRT 2 with DiRT Rally for example, from the music alone it's clear that these are very different games.
GT Sport understands this and uses the effect to communicate the mood of the game to the player with the music in the opening cinematic and the song selection throughout the game (race start could use more variance here maybe in the release version).

A bad example for me is Forza 5's more cinematical score, it totally missed the tone in my opinion. Forza Horizon 1 had a fantastic soundtrack, Horizon 2 on the other hand missed to match the soundtrack to the new festival setting and character of the roads.
[games like RaceRoom and Assetto Corsa are excused, because they just don't sell enough copies to make a reasonable investment in the music, pCARS1 probably didn't expect to be as successful as it was]

Mascot

I completely agree. Most people seem to find that the music in a racing game (especially of the sim'ish kind) is the absolute least important thing and above that there is the "just use spotify" argument.

For me the music helps to set the tone of the whole game.
You don't even need to play for a second, just watch the opening movie and browse the menus and you should know what kind of game this is and how it feels about racing. Compare DiRT 2 with DiRT Rally for example, from the music alone it's clear that these are very different games.
GT Sport understands this and uses the effect to communicate the mood of the game to the player with the music in the opening cinematic and the song selection throughout the game (race start could use more variance here maybe in the release version).

A bad example for me is Forza 5's more cinematical score, it totally missed the tone in my opinion. Forza Horizon 1 had a fantastic soundtrack, Horizon 2 on the other hand missed to match the soundtrack to the new festival setting and character of the roads.
[games like RaceRoom and Assetto Corsa are excused, because they just don't sell enough copies to make a reasonable investment in the music, pCARS1 probably didn't expect to be as successful as it was]

Shift 2 deserves a mention as well.

Gestault

Why is the suspension so soft? The STI suspension is stiff as fuck and doesn't have anywhere close the amount of body roll in real life as this gif.

I notice this in a lot of gifs that people assume are realistic. I haven't seen the specific example since GT6, but any time someone gushes over a dangerously/unrealistically soft suspension on something like a GT-R, I die inside a little.

I admit, it still looks cool though.

Top Bottom