• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

mrklaw

MrArseFace
switching to performance mode makes it smooth(er).

i'm curious how the game will run on the base model.

How are you switching to performance mode? I can’t see that on my Pro - only a performance mode for 2k option which is greyed out Asmara I’m on a 4K TV

Crayon

I don't understand why companies unlock this type of shit right AFTER the damn weekend

sWTfVF.gif

bud

How are you switching to performance mode? I can't see that on my Pro - only a performance mode for 2k option which is greyed out Asmara I'm on a 4K TV

press the option button.

edit: ah, i'm on a 1080p tv. you may need to force it in the system menu.

Ahh this is the song I heard in the menus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhowOfdmtXA

Who would think they'd run across something like that in a racing game? So good!

yeah, the soundtrack is fantastic.

hope they give you an option to select specific race/menu songs like they did with gt5.

Sebmugi

this is the first time in my life that I will spend a white night to contemplate the menus of a video game... this game is a master piece oO Thx god

cackhyena

I haven't played a GT since 3, maybe? I thought I'd be about Forza 7 but so much news about it, along with Jeff Gerstman's take has me looking to this. Pumped to try it out.

I'd assume because PS has the marketing deal with Star Wars and they want to avoid crossovers as much as possible.
I was wondering what else Sony had going on to justify this, but yeah, of course, that one

I don't see how it'd hurt to have those two games running concurrently, but hey. Weekday demo it is!

Sebmugi

Honestly that looks pretty fucking amazing. I never noticed before but in the top gif you can see the reflection of the vent on the door window. That's a nice touch.

wow remji who makes a compliment about GT sport .. what day ^^
on a normal tv in 2K without the HDR it is already incredible .. then in 4k / HDR
I guess not .. soon I need a new screen .. this game will sell 4k TV by whole truck oO OMFG

some captures

1507408699-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171007222206.png

1507408710-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171007222243.png

1507408732-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171007223002.png

1507408735-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171007223204.png

1507408738-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171007223258.png

1507408794-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171007222530.png

1507408798-gran-turismo-tm-sport-version-beta-20171007222745.png

thelastword

Banned
but they already sacrificed dynamic light and weather transitions. and several goats.

what more did the smooth shadow gods need
How do you know dynamic weather etc.. is not coming. I believe it''s coming since PD already had weather hooks in the GTS beta and knowing Kaz, they probably want to set s standard with weather, who knows how it's coming along so far...

Sony are clearly paying attention to the scepticism surrounding this new direction for GT. I'm happy to try out the demo and see the direction first-hand.

bombshell

So I've looked at the controller mappings since I will not have access to my wheel during this demo.

I've changed it to the right stick pedal controls scheme, since that was my preferred racing controls before I got my wheel.

Any suggestions for mapping changes? I'm thinking about putting look left / look right on the left / right dpad, but does anybody know what MFD is that is mapped to the dpad by default?

bud

How do you know dynamic weather etc.. is not coming. I believe it''s coming since PD already had weather hooks in the GTS beta and knowing Kaz, they probably want to set s standard with weather, who knows how it's coming along so far...

i doubt that since kaz has already said they removed it because it impacts performance too much.

Lake Maggiore track looks fun. The Alsace one doesn't look too inspiring.

Hoping we get to choose TOD in the demo. Looking forward to getting back into Dragon Trail. Love that track.

Ivan

The whole package is so amazing, it reminded me why I have GT as something "premium" in my head in comparison to other games.

You can cut it to pieces, but as a whole, it's in league of its own even with all it's flaws.

prarts

I`m curious, take a look at those two shots:
They look great but should the side-view mirror not cast shadow on doors under this ligth? On the second shot self shadowing is present under spoiler and central LED stop light.Third benzy shot above (with two silver Mercs have it too, take a look at the side-view mirror on both cars).
Bug?

benzy

I`m curious, take a look at those two shots:

They look great but should the side-view mirror not cast shadow on doors under this ligth? On the second shot self shadowing is present under spoiler and central LED stop light.Third benzy shot above (with two silver Mercs have it too, take a look at the side-view mirror on both cars).
Bug?

That looks like overcast lighting and no clear sunlight, so you'll only get contact shadows like right underneath the car.

overcast.jpg

GT lacks self reflections though so the side mirrors look off since it's not being reflected on the car's body.

It's still a bit early, but from what we've seen so far, is this the best looking game on the PS4?

It's up there with HZD and UCTLL for me.

Top Bottom