• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

jayu26

PgZ7beY.jpg
How have Jaffe and Sony not done free to play Twisted Metal yet is beyond me.

p3n

So i just got a bit hyped and bought G27 + about to pick up GIMX. Is there any way to run GIMX app from Android device? I have a shitty half-dead laptop just in case but solution which allows to use this wheel on PS4 via small throwaway phone is much more appealing. If anyone has any info please share.

You NEED a Windows or Linux system to use GIMX. I recommend a Raspberry Pi 3 (Bluetooth for the controller authentication can actually work!) if you are familiar with Linux or don't mind reading and testing for a bit to get it running.

dmix90

No, that's not possible.

The GIMX solution involves 2 3 USB connections: The wheel is connected to a Windows or Ubuntu PC or a Raspberry Pi where the GIMX software is run and then the PC/Pi is connected via a custom USB adaptor to the console. Edit: Forgot a 3rd USB connection: A DS4 needs to be connected to the PC/Pi, to fool the controller authentication on the PS4.

So your more lightweight option if you don't want to use a laptop as the intermediary would be the Raspberry Pi board.

You NEED a Windows or Linux system to use GIMX. I recommend a Raspberry Pi 3 (Bluetooth for the controller authentication can actually work!) if you are familiar with Linux or don't mind reading and testing for a bit to get it running.
Darn it. Thanks!
No problem with messing up with Linux but i don't have Pi and getting one right now will become a bit too heavy for the wallet. I guess zombietop will do for now.

bombshell

Only for PS plus users it seems, don't think EU had that restriction.

Correct, non-PS+ members in the US can not download the demo until 6pm PT on Monday. From the OP.

"NA:
Pre-load on the 7th at 8am PT for PS+ members. Unlocks at midnight PT on the 9th while everyone else can download at 6pm PT. Runs until 8am PT on the 12th.

EU:
Pre-load on the 7th at 10am BST. Playable 10am BST on the 9th until 2pm BST on the 12th."

MCD250

43 GB, whew.

Looks like it is the full game, judging by the wording on the store. Thankfully my data cap resets tomorrow so I might give it a shot.

GHG

This demo reel is just stunning stunning work. The lighting is just on a different level.

It looks so good on my 1080p OLED I can't even imagine what it would look like on a 4K OLED with HDR.

This is torture, I just want yo play it now. Hopefully it doesn't all fall apart from a gameplay perspective.

Yesss they made options for us 1080p users on ps4 pro.
U can select quality or performance. And it detects an 2k screen and says its using downsampling.
Also for perdormance mode it says its still higher quality then og ps4.
And damnnn the replays and scapes scenes look next gen.
Cant wait to play this monday !!

I have a policy about preordering but damn this game makes it really hard not to..
But after fm7 im still gonna wait it out. Turn 10 ruined preordering for me..

bombshell

I have to ask... is this all running in realtime?

Or is it all pre-recorded?

The scapes or the replays?

The replays are obviously realtime, not sure about the scapes if they are pre-made scapes images or rendered as they transition in on the screen.

I have to ask... is this all running in realtime?

Or is it all pre-recorded?

Real time. No way they can fit all that in 40GBs if pre rendered. We still haven't seen the icing on the cake. Can't wait to see Brand Central and the car moving in the Scapes plus the actual Scapes Mode.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
If you look closely at the car on Scapes (which has a photo for a background) you'll see a little aliasing on the car itself is real time rendered. It looks so damn good fools you to thinking it's pre-rendered..

Can someone clarify for me...is the demo just in pre-load or can it be played right now for PS+ members? I don't have a PS4 but buying one for this game, may have to go grab one today if it's playable today.

Can someone clarify for me...is the demo just in pre-load or can it be played right now for PS+ members? I don't have a PS4 but buying one for this game, may have to go grab one today if it's playable today.

It's just for pre-loading. All you can do currently is watching rolling demos.

ianpm31

The demo is up for pre-load atm and will unlock on the 9th

If I download this demo, will I have to download the full game again? Just asking since it says full game trial and it's over 43gb..

GHG

Back to playing PCars 2 and Forza 7 while I wait for this to unlock.

Ye flawed beauties, the lot of you.

Top Bottom