• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport launches October 18 - trailer

I bump into other cars all the time to corner better and I don't want to be that guy online. That's why I prefer playing the SP campaign.

They've implemented a grading system which makes up lobbies of certain skilled drivers, you gain points for clean racing and speed etc, based on that, as you improve your skills you get put against those that have as well. So all I would say is don't be scared, if you drive like a bumper car then chances are everyone you're racing against does too.

Audioboxer

The fact that are SO many uninformed and confused users about Sport on a dedicated gaming forum proves this is a trainwreck marketing wise.

On the other hand GT threads without fault brings out the crazies so that doesn't help.

The Beta was GOOD and the focus on online racing is the right path, if you want the same old career of doing sunday cups repeatedly, why not play ANY of the old GT's?

However i feel the online focus gonna be a problem for reviews, be it network issues at launch or the reviews deadlines not giving time for a game dependent on online community to shine.

I'm not all that confused about what Sport is, minus some details, my criticism is saying it's a path Kaz is going down I think is risky, and also not for me. I just want a content rich GT game. My opinion can be dismissed quite easily, but my devils advocate for Kaz is how many think like me? There will be contined loyalty to the brand and the "Omg there hasn't been a GT in years I need to buy this", but I'm guessing reviews are going to be very mixed and the gamers response once they've spent $60 will be too. Especially 2 weeks after the franchise that shall not be mentioned. It appears it's going to slap GT Sport around for SP content. At least cars wise, and the Sport "campaign" is still on shaky grounds. Tracks I'm not 100% sure. Other than some comments in here it seems Sport is releasing with less tracks than GT5/6.

Again, that's really not acceptable if true. 4 years is longer than enough to port over and touch up tracks from GT6 for Sport.

KeRaSh

They've implemented a grading system which makes up lobbies of certain skilled drivers, you gain points for clean racing and speed etc, based on that, as you improve your skills you get put against those that have as well. So all I would say is don't be scared, if you drive like a bumper car then chances are everyone you're racing against does too.

Problem is: I want to bump into cars and don't want to get bumped into.
If I drive off the track I want it to be my fault. I also don't want to be a dick to other players but I don't care if a NPC spins around. That's why I prefer playing the campaign.

KdotIX

PD have been building up heat for years for their unfocused/scattershot approach to GT.

I'd say that PD's focus is on point probably now more than ever - Yes the game is leaning more towards an online focus, but that's been the growing trend for a while now. PD know what they want to develop towards and they're going for it - fair play to them.

How did this take 4 years to develop btw?

Developing a solid base for any online focussed game is fucking tough work - developing that for racing games even more so. Having seen videos of the beta, they look to have done a great job with it.

The fact that are SO many uninformed and confused users about Sport on a dedicated gaming forum proves this is a trainwreck marketing wise.

On the other hand GT threads without fault brings out the crazies so that doesn't help.

The Beta was GOOD and the focus on online racing is the right path, if you want the same old career of doing sunday cups repeatedly, why not play ANY of the old GT's?

However i feel the online focus gonna be a problem for reviews, be it network issues at launch or the reviews deadlines not giving time for a game dependent on online community to shine.

Marketing hasn't been the best - but the game has only just received a date to it's name. Kaz noted that there will be an onslaught of information leading up to release, so I expect the marketing machine to be in overdrive from now on.

Also I'm fully expecting reviewers to trash on this game without fully delving into the online systems, or giving the game time to settle down. Too much emphasis on being "first" these days.

Why not both?

Even the mainline GT games are different enough from Forza to warrant playing both, but the esports / online focus of GT Sport means it's even more worthy of playing both.

This guy speaks sense.

Also lets not forget that there is more on the radar than just GT Sport and FM7 - for us racing game fans, this year is golden. PCars2 is the other noteworthy title here and that will definitely have the SP content people will crave for. I'm just hoping that the handling will be better than PCars1

Audioboxer

I'd say that PD's focus is on point probably now more than ever - Yes the game is leaning more towards an online focus, but that's been the growing trend for a while now. PD know what they want to develop towards and they're going for it - fair play to them.

Developing a solid base for any online focussed game is fucking tough work - developing that for racing games even more so. Having seen videos of the beta, they look to have done a great job with it.

Marketing hasn't been the best - but the game has only just received a date to it's name. Kaz noted that there will be an onslaught of information leading up to release, so I expect the marketing machine to be in overdrive from now on.

Also I'm fully expecting reviewers to trash on this game without fully delving into the online systems, or giving the game time to settle down. Too much emphasis on being "first" these days.

This guy speaks sense.

Also lets not forget that there is more on the radar than just GT Sport and FM7 - for us racing game fans, this year is golden. PCars2 is the other noteworthy title here and that will definitely have the SP content people will crave for. I'm just hoping that the handling will be better than PCars1

There's focussing on online MP in a traditional sense and then there's trying to turn to the world of e-sports and people watching live streaming/competitions. My line of thinking is this is far better suited to some styles/genres of games than it is a "pro-racing simulator". I'm willing to be proven wrong, but even if I am, if PD/GT do not sort out a lack of content it will continue to be a sore point for many GT fans.

I doubt all of the 10m+ buying earlier GT games all want a focus on e-sports. Some do, and some in this topic for that matter. I think if the game didn't seem so anaemic on content it wouldn't be as bad, but Sport is clearly the result of the studio not being able to put out something with as much content as GT5/GT6 or Forza because of the e-sports/online focus. Even dropping 7 from the title was a serious result of PD having to admit even 3/4 years on from GT6 they just could not do calling it 7 justice. That is a concern.

There's focussing on online MP in a traditional sense and then there's trying to turn to the world of e-sports and people watching live streaming/competitions. My line of thinking is this is far better suited to some styles/genres of games than it is a "pro-racing simulator". I'm willing to be proven wrong, but even if I am, if PD/GT do not sort out a lack of content it will continue to be a sore point for many GT fans.

I doubt all of the 10m+ buying earlier GT games all want a focus on e-sports. Some do, and some in this topic for that matter. I think if the game didn't seem so anaemic on content it wouldn't be as bad, but Sport is clearly the result of the studio not being able to put out something with as much content as GT5/GT6 or Forza because of the e-sports/online focus.
Hmm, how do you know how "Anemic" it is in content? Just because the MP is esports focused does not mean SP isn't there? You are making a lot of baseless assumptions. There are 100 + Sp events, lets wait and see before branding it a failure...people here like to jump to conclusions.

Audioboxer

Hmm, how do you know how "Anemic" it is in content? Just because the MP is esports focused does not mean SP isn't there? You are making a lot of baseless assumptions. There are 100 + Sp events, lets wait and see before branding it a failure...people here like to jump to conclusions.

Even if it's 10~20% less than GT5/6 in my books that is a regression. There's no need to be so defensive either. People speculate because of what PD has shown/said. If we are wrong come release, fine, but one reason to speculate is to get expectations in check. Things like a far lesser amount of cars, dynamic weather being axed, license testing/events going and a seemingly lower track count than before are known. Not speculation. That coupled with them calling it Sport and not 7, and the writing is on the wall for SP fans to expect less than what they got with 5/6.

Even if it's 10~20% less than GT5/6 in my books that is a regression. There's no need to be so defensive either. People speculate because of what PD has shown/said. If we are wrong come release, fine, but one release to speculate is to get expectations in check. Things like a far lesser amount of cars, dynamic weather being axed, license testing/events and a seemingly lower track count than before are known. Not speculation.

Quality Versus quantity. Kind of shocking people are more concerned with the latter then the former...

A racing game is way more then car count, Gt5 and 6 were bloated as hell, with inconsistent quality, standard cars, duplicates...sometimes less is more. A steamlined, more focused Gt makes total sense, unless all you are worried about is quantity. Not to mention this game was built to enable much quicker updates and content updates throughout it's life cycle.

License and tests are not going....there is a new campaign mode.... There is not just 1 way to do a career mode. There is something new replacing that.

Audioboxer

Quality Versus quantity. Kind of shocking people are more concerned with the latter then the former...

A racing game is way more then car count, Gt5 and 6 were bloated as hell, with inconsistent quality, standard cars...sometimes less is more. A steamlined, more focused Gt makes total sense, unless all you are worried about is quantity.

When your competition can hit 700 cars of quality then it doesn't make it as easy to just say "but PD do quality over quantity!".

This is coming from a long term Sony fan, one who already said in this topic PD are the best in the business for graphics, but if they're struggling it's maybe time to do some outsource work/expand the studio.

GT6 had like 450+ premium cars? Are PD just wanting to sell all of them as DLC now?

When your competition can hit 700 cars of quality then it doesn't make it as easy to just say "but PD do quality over quantity!".

This is coming from a long term Sony fan, one who already said in this topic PD are the best in the business for graphics, but if they're struggling it's maybe time to do some outsource work.

GT6 had like 450+ premium cars?

This is not Gt6, nor forza, not will forza have much of any impact on GT....A game is way more then car count, By your logic forza is still behind GT5 and 6....it's a silly game that means nothing. GT sport is a reboot of sorts and a fresh start, and the series needed it.

Man I was thinking of the physical limited, but to get close to the digital deluxe I would need to pre order through Gamestop and I still miss out on $1m credits, 30 avatars and a dynamic theme (the $10 difference will be cut a bit by shipping so relatively same price). Decisions...

Audioboxer

This is not Gt6, nor forza, not will forza have much of any impact on GT....A game is way more then car count, By your logic forza is still behind GT5 and 6....it's a silly game that means nothing. GT sport is a reboot of sorts and a fresh start, and the series needed it.

That's an incredibly pompous statement and it's one of the reasons GT/PD have been stumbling in recent years. Competition can be precisely what you measure yourself against and make sure you're keeping up in the genre.

Forza has always trailed GT in many aspects, but the team over there have year on year worked hard to keep improving that series. It started out getting beaten by GT quite easily but started excelling in some areas as time went on (sound/livery editor especially). They even starting throwing out Horizon to expand the series and give it a new twist. Finally, it appears they've nailed dynamic weather too (after years of complaints GT had it), at the convenient timing of PD axing that as another feature that seemingly cannot be done in Sport.

Now we've got PD telling us after x amount of years they need to completely reboot the series because of e-sports/online? Put it this way, if this is the reboot the series needed, and it comes out and is critically scoring LOWER than GT5/6, how will that be a good look? Reviewers have been telling PD for a few years now why their game has been dropping, and none of them were saying it's due to e-sports. By getting bloated and unfocused? Sure. The answer to that though isn't to cut back so far it's as if this is your first racing game all over.

As I said, what's happening to the 450 premium cars from before? 4 years not long enough to port them over?

That's an incredibly pompous statement and it's one of the reasons GT/PD have been stumbling in recent years. Competition can be precisely what you measure yourself against and make sure you're keeping up in the genre.

Forza has always trailed GT in many aspects, but the team over there have year on year worked hard to keep improving that series. It started out getting beaten by GT quite easily but started excelling in some areas as time went on (sound/livery editor especially). They even starting throwing out Horizon to expand the series and give it a new twist.

Now we've got PD telling us after x amount of years they need to completely reboot the series because of e-sports/online? Put it this way, if this is the reboot the series needed, and it comes out and is critically scoring LOWER than GT5/6, how will that be a good look? Reviewers have been telling PD for a few years now why their game has been dropping, and none of them were saying it's due to e-sports. By getting bloated and unfocused? Sure. The answer to that though isn't to cut back so far it's as if this is your first racing game all over.

As I said, what's happening to the 450 premium cars from before? 4 years not long enough to port them over?

It's not pompous...it's reality...unless you are a massive die hard gear head , you are not switching consoles for 1 racing game. People with a PS4 will be interested in GT regardless. GT is a big franchise. Again...you are projecting like sport is already a failure...what if it...turns out great? Not un-heard of considering the beta was great.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I love both Forza Motorsports and GT games. The interesting thing the GT Sport Beta showed me was that I actually enjoyed racing in online racing better when people were behaved. In Forza Motorsports, the Drivatars I commonly raced against were ruthless. It was both fun and extremely frustrating. It happened to me more than not in races with an online component and in comparison to several races I had in GT Sport Beta, I'd have to say that I personally preferred the online race better in GT Sport Beta.

I'll still buy Forza Motorsports 7, which I've already pre-ordered to play on PC and then the XBOX One X. It will be interesting to see which experiences I prefer between each segment of each game.

KdotIX

There's focussing on online MP in a traditional sense and then there's trying to turn to the world of e-sports and people watching live streaming/competitions. My line of thinking is this is far better suited to some styles/genres of games than it is a "pro-racing simulator".

I think racing games can be a great fit for the online competitive/E-Sports scene and that includes "pro-racing simulators". There are already competitions going on within other sims such as iRacing and RFactor2, they're all just as entertaining to watch as real life motorsports. Even official bodies/organisations such as the FIA and Liberty Media (new owners of F1) are seriously looking into the e-sports scene for racing and to even influence the rule-sets of real world motorsport.

Hell, I've been watching videos and streams on YouTube of the GT Sport beta and I've found the racing has been entertaining to watch in the higher tiers.

I understand that you're worried about SP content being a bit vapid as you may prefer to play offline, but let's at least wait until something is said on the matter in an official capacity.

Audioboxer

It's not pompous...it's reality...unless you are a massive die hard gear head , you are not switching consoles for 1 racing game. People with a PS4 will be interested in GT regardless. GT is a big franchise. Again...you are projecting like sport is already a failure...what if it...turns out great? Not un-heard of considering the beta was great.

That's the same line of thinking people throw out when they simply go "but GT sells loads!". Great, the brand is a monster. Nothing wrong with the people who actually buy the game saying we wish x/y/z was better.

FF sells loads, but FF13 was still hot garbage. A huge brand with a history isn't excluded from criticism simply because it's making $$$.

I expect the physics in sport along with the graphics to be top of the game. Same goes for the photomode. I expect an improvement in sound, but even then I'm still expecting some vacuum cleaners. I expect MP will work, because if it doesn't on release then holy shit things will be a bloodbath. However, all of that said, I know fine well content is going to be largely reduced, car content is a lot lower, SP has at least been heavily changed if not cut (I don't even think B-spec is there anymore, which was quite interesting to be constantly improved on) and so on. I'm projecting on what I know/expect. It's not all conjecture, though.

I think racing games can be a great fit for the online competitive/E-Sports scene and that includes "pro-racing simulators". There are already competitions going on within other sims such as iRacing and RFactor2, they're all just as entertaining to watch as real life motorsports. Even official bodies/organisations such as the FIA and Liberty Media (new owners of F1) are seriously looking into the e-sports scene for racing and to even influence the rule-sets of real world motorsport.

Hell, I've been watching videos and streams on YouTube of the GT Sport beta and I've found the racing has been entertaining to watch in the higher tiers.

I understand that you're worried about SP content being a bit vapid as you may prefer to play offline, but let's at least wait until something is said on the matter in an official capacity.

True, but it's still incredibly frustrating to wait all this time for GT to finally come on the PS4 and be told the trade off this time around is because we think e-sports is where to go you'll need to sit this round out with less content. A fair bit less content.

Couple that with the fact GT7 is probably going to be PS5.... It's not as if we get a GT every two years. Kaz said around the time of 5/6 he wanted to change that, but hey ho, here we are getting Sport 4 years on from 6. With it (6) coming 3 years after 5.

I'm even worried about the way Sony are excluding Sport to sizzle reels in the pre-E3 show, like they're tempering expectations. If it doesn't get a big focus at Gamescom/Paris, eeeek (I believe it comes out before each, but it should still have a big focus if Sony care!). GT used to get a reasonably big media focus, Sport feels like it's just being squeezed out on the side.

That's the same line of thinking people throw out when they simply go "but GT sells loads!". Great, the brand is a monster. Nothing wrong with the people who actually buy the game saying we wish x/y/z was better.

FF sells loads, but FF13 was still hot garbage. A huge brand with a history isn't excluded from criticism simply because it's making $$$.

I expect the physics in sport along with the graphics to be top of the game. Same goes for the photomode. I expect an improvement in sound, but even then I'm still expecting some vacuum cleaners. I expect MP will work, because if it doesn't on release then holy shit things will be a bloodbath. However, all of that said, I know fine well content is going to be largely reduced, car content is a lot lower, SP has at least been heavily changed if not cut (I don't even think B-spec is there anymore, which was quite interesting to be constantly improved on) and so on. I'm projecting on what I know/expect. It's not all conjecture, though.

True, but it's still incredibly frustrating to wait all this time for GT to finally come on the PS4 and be told the trade off this time around is because we think e-sports is where to go you'll need to sit this round out with less content. A fair bit less content.

Couple that with the fact GT7 is probably going to be PS5.... It's not as if we get a GT every two years. Kaz said around the time of 5/6 he wanted to change that, but hey ho, here we are getting Sport 4 years on from 6. With it (6) coming 3 years after 5.

I'm even worried about the way Sony are excluding Sport to sizzle reels pre-E3, like they're tempering expectations. If it doesn't get a big focus at Gamescom/Paris, eeeek. GT used to get a reasonably big media focus, Sport feels like it's just being squeezed out on the side.

You said Gt sport is lacking content...you simply don't know that, content is way more then car count.....That's projecting. Sp is not cut..why do you keep saying this? it's not true, there is a campaign mode with 130 + events....just because it's not the same as it was since GT1, doesn't mean it's not there... Let's see what the campaign has and what else is there before stating somethign as fact, when it isn;t yet.

FF13 being garbage is an opinion and irrelevant, many liked it, some didn't, point?

Audioboxer

You said Gt sport is lacking content...you simply don't know that, content is way more then car count.....That's projecting. Sp is not cut..why do you keep saying this? it's not true, there is a campaign mode with 130 + events....just because it's not the same as it was since GT1, doesn't mean it's not there... Let's see what the campaign has and what else is there before stating somethign as fact, when it isn;t yet.

Okay man, I'm not going to go back and forward any longer. We'll see very soon how SP in Sport compares to 5/6. You'll see reviews reflect that too. Just don't be surprised if there is a fair bit of complaining. I expect the Sport review thread to be absolutely insane! Mods better be prepared lol.

FF13 being garbage is an opinion and irrelevant, many liked it, some didn't, point?

A bit of hyperbole aside, it was a dip in form for the series. That can happen. You aren't invulnerable to mistakes because of everything you released in the past. Your history and legacy count for a lot, but a $60 product will be reviewed/treated as a $60 product. GT has in recent times relied a bit too much on the brand, rather than actually handling the product to the kinds of levels of quality expected from PD. Most people agreed 5/6 had a bit too much bloat and not enough focus, but as I've said a few times now Sport seems to go the complete opposite way and could almost be a Prologue release. Or somewhere between Prologue and a numbered entry. Waiting 4 years for that and paying $60 is what will be a bit disappointing if it is content lite (if car collecting is something you've always liked about GT there is no doubt you'll be disappointed here ~ As I said not even having all the premium cars from 5/6 is a big letdown).

Gestault

Maybe read the whole discussion to get the context it which that sentence was used instead of jumping on 1 sentence? just a thought.

I did, and this seemed like a non-sequitur. Which is why I asked what it had to do with anything?

You seemed to be saying comparisons between Gran Turismo and other racing games don't matter because it would require switching consoles, which sounds nuts on its own (basically like a weird deflection). I figured there was more to that point, because it's so obvious that people own multiple systems, and comparisons/expectations in a genre don't cease to be becaue someone doesn't want to think about it. I'm trying to understand what you were really getting at.

Furyous

I caved in last gen and bought the Gamestop special edition GT and it ruined the game for me because my car was super spec early. Part of the fun of GT is buying your 10K beater car after spending time getting your licenses. The struggle of finding that one car to spam all the races is ingrained in my psyche so I'm going with the standard game.

Gestault

I caved in last gen and bought the Gamestop special edition GT and it ruined the game for me because my car was super spec early. Part of the fun of GT is buying your 10K beater car after spending time getting your licenses. The struggle of finding that one car to spam all the races is ingrained in my psyche so I'm going with the standard game.

I know they're centering on the professional competition scene with GTS, but I'd love to see limited scope events/car groups for consumer vehicles eventually. I actually think it would be funny if they did them on Sundays/weekends, too (as in "open Sundays" like they have at a lot of tracks). Something I loved in classic GT games was seeing everyman cars treated with the same attention to detail (and frankly, reverence) as world-class supercars. I think that was a part of what set it apart even as the sim scene grew around it.

1600 x 900 checker boarded to 3200 x 1800 then up-scaled to 4K.

I'm not impressed if that's what Polyphony have delivered for Pro.

I wonder if 1440p up scaled to 4K would have better?
CBR is not any kind of upscaling, and does not have a buffer of 1600x900 at any point. A 1440p buffer upscaled would look much, much worse. That this isn't obvious to you indicates you're misunderstanding the method and greatly underestimating the quality of CBR. This game will render 3200x1800 frames, just with half the pixels' values determined using a blend or prior and current frame information.

1800c is more twice the pixels of 1600x900 (~2.88m vs ~1.44m)....
No. An 1800c game has quadruple the pixels of 900p.

Audioboxer

Yes, this poster gets it. Those were the glory days for me on GT1~4. Starting out in a car that was actually affordable by everyday people, and working my way up.

The arcade mode was always there for anyone who wanted sports tier cars instantly.

Prophane33

Finally, a release date. I've had the limited edition pre-ordered since May 2016. Never got to try the beta that was running because the times it was active never really lined up with my schedule. I'm so looking forward to this. While I know it's being directed towards online competition, I do hope there is a robust single player experience, even if it's not at GT7 levels.

Old as in GT5/6 old... i just dont understand, people used to complain GT was stagnant, needs change blah blah, they changed it and suddenly everyone wants the "sunday cup" again

I think, for most of us, when ppl said stagnant wasn't referring "wow what the game needs is a focus on e-sports online gaming".

I think, for most of us, when ppl said stagnant wasn't referring "wow what the game needs is a focus on e-sports online gaming".

Again.....just because the online portion is focused on that, doesn't mean the rest of the game is? There is a campaign, the two are not mutually exclusive, nor is it an only online title. There is a 100 + event campaign mode......it being different then old GT's (Which desperately needed a change anyway), doesn't mean it's crap or not there....

So if GTS simply continued down it's path and simply had a SP campaign similar to GT5/6 with better visuals and sound... would not have been stagnant? In many GT threads, there are many complaints regarding GT doing the same thing over and over again. It just seems like there simply isn't anything PD can do to satisfy everyone.

Gestault

Again.....just because the online portion is focused on that, doesn't mean the rest of the game is? There is a campaign, the two are not mutually exclusive, nor is it an only online title. There is a 100 + event campaign mode......it being different then old GT's (Which desperately needed a change anyway), doesn't mean it's crap or not there....

I think you're misunderstanding what the single-player content is. This is the official description from the website:

L5wgcxY.png

It's a four-section tutorial for racing form and etiquette. I think that's why people are frustrated (so far) when they learn this after having had so much career content in the previous games. There may be more later, but so far, this is what's confirmed.

muteki

I guess for me it just comes down to out of those 100+ events, how many would have previously been a License Test, and how many are multi-race tournaments. I don't even care too much about the earning credits/buying cars aspect to it.

And the level of effort needed seems pretty low to just churn out events, if you have already got the cars, tracks, etc in the game. Unless there is just no SP AI implemented.

PantsuJo

I think you're misunderstanding what the single-player content is. This is the official description from the website:

L5wgcxY.png

It's a four-section tutorial for racing form and etiquette. I think that's why people are frustrated (so far) when they learn this after having had so much career content in the previous games. There may be more later, but so far, this is what's confirmed.
If this is the SP content, well, I will not buying it, honestly.

I loved the old GT career.

Audioboxer

L5wgcxY.png

I just want my Sunday Cup back...

yYhRpbJ.jpg

But yeah, this game will get slaughtered in some reviews if SP appears as tacked on/rushed as it looks there.

xrnzaaas

If this is the SP content, well, I will not buying it, honestly.

I loved the old GT career.

I'm also a SP guy and I'll be waiting for some big updates and expansions before I buy this game. That's unless they'll use the time they still have left to add some proper SP content.

L5wgcxY.png

This is the sticking point for me. I like licence tests and GT4-style Missions just fine, but I wouldn't buy a game that was only those. I don't play multiplayer games (don't even have PS+), so if this is all there is here then it'll be the first mainline GT game I don't buy.

L5wgcxY.png

Umm , it even says, learn how to drive and races....it's not just license tests...there are challenges and then leads into full blown races......we have no idea how much or many, people saying Sp lacks content are guesing at this point. Structurally that is fine, already sounds better then the old GT structure which was beyond stale. Whether they deliver though and is enough...we won't know until they reveal more.... I am not mis-understanding anything.

This is the sticking point for me. I like licence tests and GT4-style Missions just fine, but I wouldn't buy a game that was only those. I don't play multiplayer games (don't even have PS+), so if this is all there is here then it'll be the first mainline GT game I don't buy.

It's not only those.......i

L5wgcxY.png

Yea, games a no buy if that's the campaign. Hell, even if it's that plus a little more races. Needs to be way more extensive.

So if GTS simply continued down it's path and simply had a SP campaign similar to GT5/6 with better visuals and sound... would not have been stagnant? In many GT threads, there are many complaints regarding GT doing the same thing over and over again. It just seems like there simply isn't anything PD can do to satisfy everyone.

I'm not saying they should have just kept doing the same, just that when ppl asked for changes, maybe this wasn't what they were asking.

I certainly was never interested in the online portion of the series and neither have interest on e-sports.

L5wgcxY.png

Is that really the campaign...............?

Project Cars 2 could make some noise if that's the case.
provided they come out bug free, fix the gamepad controls and has a decent framerate

c0de

Umm , it even says, learn how to drive and races....it's not just license tests...there are challenges and then leads into full blown races......we have no idea how much or many, people saying Sp lacks content are guesing at this point. Structurally that is fine, already sounds better then the old GT structure which was beyond stale. Whether they deliver though and is enough...we won't know until they reveal more.... I am not mis-understanding anything.

It's not only those.......i

If everyone is guessing, so are you.

If everyone is guessing, so are you.

Please explain? I never said I knew what was in the campaign, others are stating it like fact, so explain how the onus is on me lol. There are over 100 SP events, no one knows what that entails, it's that simple, but you got me man.

I will say one thing, marketing for GT has been terrible, people still are not sure what sport is.

Top Bottom