• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

cooldawn

n2kc466uu0j.gif

Make.Believe
Yeah...Gran Turismo 5 has sensation effects for the time. Still way ahead the majority of other racing games (for pure completeness).

In other news...Lake Maggiore is a sensational track to race on. Just going through the Mission Challenges and completed a stonking GT3 race there with my Mazda Atenza GT3. I mean, this is brilliant track design and gameplay. Lake Maggiore is the best fictional track I've ever raced on, period.

What an experience.

leehom

Downloaded the pre-order bonus on one system and the limited edition bonus on the other. Ugh....is the info saved in the cloud?

In other news...Lake Maggiore is a sensational track to race on. Just going through the Mission Challenges and completed a stonking GT3 race there with my Mazda Atenza GT3. I mean, this is brilliant track design and gameplay. Lake Maggiore is the best fictional track I've ever raced on, period.

What an experience.

Yup. Driving Lake Maggiore with the Ferrari 458 Gr.4 in one of the demo online races pushed me from "eh, maybe" to "oh yes". Well, the kart race helped too. I'm not sure I'd say it's my favorite fictional track, but it's a joy to race on.

TheMan

Yeah, but remember that's only one review. Hopefully others may have better impressions or expectations.

impressions from reddit indicate that the only driving mode in VR is 1 vs 1 (AI), 2 lap race. That's it. You can't even do fucking time trials. it makes NO sense. I would have been totally satisfied with a time trials mode, I really can't believe they let that shit out the door.

KORNdoggy

impressions from reddit indicate that the only driving mode in VR is 1 vs 1 (AI), 2 lap race. That's it. You can't even do fucking time trials. it makes NO sense. I would have been totally satisfied with a time trials mode, I really can't believe they let that shit out the door.

Seems easy to add so i imagine it will be. Should have been there day 1 though.

Fiber

Completed whole driving school tests etc. in approx 10-15 hours.
i don't have Playstation Plus, and now i'm just looking at screen and thinking what to do.
Nothing
The game shows you nothing if you don't have Playstation Plus.

Worst spent 60$ in my life.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Part of racing games charm is how each iteration improves graphically. A remaster is a racing title outside of something cartoonish like MK or Crash is kinda pointless IMO. I dont think it would sell well at all.

I mean have you played a Motorstorm game?

watdaeff4

i don't have Playstation Plus, and now i'm just looking at screen and thinking what to do.
Nothing

I'm not hyper-defending this game, but I doubt it's the worst $60 you spent in your life if you played it for 10-15 hours already.

Unknown?

Nothing

Ummm arcade mode? You can do custom events, you can do split screen. You spent like all day playing?! It just came out and you already spent 10-15 hours? Man I’ll be lucky to get two hours in tonight.

Shaneus

Jesus fuck.

Come home, put the game in, it wants to download a 12gb update. And of course I can play it but can't get online without said update.

Looks like it's going to take 9 hours to download at around 500kb/s. My internet is capable of getting 20 times that. Fucking PSN.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Jesus fuck.

Come home, put the game in, it wants to download a 12gb update. And of course I can play it but can't get online without said update.

Looks like it's going to take 9 hours to download at around 500kb/s. My internet is capable of getting 20 times that. Fucking PSN.
Put it in rest mode. It speeds it up considerably.

ghibli99

Jesus fuck.

Damn, I knew I should have gone home at lunch and started the update...

Kashiwaba

Jesus fuck.

Put it on stand by mode, makes download speed faster for me.

sourc3d

Yea, i can get onboard with scapes...

:)

Is this your own shot from within scapes mode??? Interested to know how you managed to concoct such an unrealistic shot when the scapes setup makes it so damn easy to have a car lit correctly to look like it belongs in the image?

Is this your own shot from within scapes mode??? Interested to know how you managed to concoct such an unrealistic shot when the scapes setup makes it so damn easy to have a car lit correctly to look like it belongs in the image?

Just randomly tweaked things till i liked the look of it, regardless of if it looked *right*.:D

watdaeff4

Have only played a couple of hours - the Driving school and the challenges.

After playing Driveclub, Forza 6 a shit-ton, Forza Horizon 2 and 3.......I'm enjoying these little bite-size challenges so far. Granted, the "staying power" may not be there, but I'm enjoying so far as well as the progression system it has set up.

Going to go get crushed online here later tonight.

Shock32

is there anyway to get the update to download if I'm away from ps4.

I do think I have it in rest mode and auto updates set to on.... but I could be wrong.

If you have the game digitally and in rest mode. Go to the store and queue up something to download. Like a free theme for example. It should pick up any update.

Looks like I won't be playing tonight. Can't trust the bloody couriers at all. I have no idea why my pre order doesn't let me just pick it up from the store.

spwolf

Have only played a couple of hours - the Driving school and the challenges.

After playing Driveclub, Forza 6 a shit-ton, Forza Horizon 2 and 3.......I'm enjoying these little bite-size challenges so far. Granted, the "staying power" may not be there, but I'm enjoying so far as well as the progression system it has set up.

Going to go get crushed online here later tonight.

for many GT fans, meat has always been in time trials... now you also get awarded by doing them. In GTP I spent several hundred hours just doing time trials.

Of course, once you learn tracks, then obviously Online is next. You can also practice for events.

watdaeff4

for many GT fans, meat has always been in time trials... now you also get awarded by doing them. In GTP I spent several hundred hours just doing time trials.

Of course, once you learn tracks, then obviously Online is next. You can also practice for events.

I don't disagree, it's just that this is my first GT since getting the GT3 PS2 bundle many moons ago.

cakely

All right, patched up and running. Feels good. I'm trying the motion controls this time around and they seem to work surprisingly well.

Quick question: I heard that you can edit which songs will play in the background by going to your library, but, once there I just see a list of songs that I can play, but not edit. Any ideas?

SonicBoom

Jesus fuck.

What type of connection do you have on your PS4 a WiFi or ethernet????

My WiFi is much slower on PSN and the router is in the same room... so I use ethernet cable its 100x faster for downloads and online games!!!

Top Bottom