• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

emjot

What about duplicates in your garage? Won the Subaru Gr. 3 which I already bought yesterday. Can't sell it, just delete from my garage - really? Can you gift cars to other users, I think this was a thing in GT5? Ohterwise it's rather pointless that you can win cars that are already in your garage...

Surely I could sell the one I bought before. Anyone know what's the return rate, is it much less than the actual prize?

IISANDERII

If you don't enjoy actual driving then I guess nothing can be done. Yesterday I did custom 1 hour endurance on Maggiore with 4x fuel/tyre consumption and toughest AI because I love the shit out of driving on that track. No need for the carrot on stick, don't even need extra credits. Just did it because its fun as hell.
It's going to be amazing when this type of race is brought to Sports Mode.

This game is like crack
Just got th Route 66 trophy for driving the equivalent of Route 66 length in miles in-game.
Have only barely scratched the surface (of learning how to go faster).

vdlow

Can anyone send me the link for the discord chat? Not an active poster but I like to see the discussions, always learn something that ends up helping me in the game. :)

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
To those that want a invite to the discord group, quote this post.

Inviting is currently on hold guys. It'll reopen later.

I`m thinking about this set
They have a discount now too.
For perspective, my gear history is: DFGT->G25->G27->T500RS->T300RS (currently in use) so I have never tried Fanatec before. I know that the update with full support in GTSport is incoming and that it`s working now thanks to the new compatibility mode implemented in newest firmware. So we can consider it as a temporary workaround until Polyphony fix. It would be used 99% times with PS4 and GTSport.

Anyone using CSL Elite with GTSport here? Any impressions? Is this gear solid?

I'm gonna get that bundle probably with the v3 pedals but i'm going to wait for black friday. fanatech historically has great deals on that day.

IISANDERII

There's a new 10 lap daily on Nurburgring GP with fuel use and tire wear but it's only a tease because you don't need to pit. You can only use Race Hard tires and you have plenty of fuel to the end of the race, even with fully rich fuel mapping mixture.

IISANDERII

This may be a dumb question but how do you upgrade the look of your car? I see cars with fatter fenders, big rear spoiler, front air dam etc

danowat

Banned
I knew about the Gr classes but this was actually a race concept version. I got confused because it’s still a road car. It was a little Toyota

Was it this?

attachment.php

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Quick question.

What do you actually use the cars you've bought for? This may sound stupid, but I've only used them for timetrials...

You mean on sport mode?

But yes, when a race is setup as Garage Cars players will use the cars that they bought.

Sorry for the expired invited sooner guys, I saw that mine was set to expire in a 1 hour. And I just saw that they asked us to hold invites for some time as they are setting everything up for the new forum.

But send me a PM with you complete discord name (name#xxx) and i'll add you guys later.

Dang I picked this up on launch day and played all night and the next day and haven’t had time to get back into it! What ever happened with Sport mode? Its a weekly reset then? How is it feeling for people playing that mode? Do you feel like you have something to do every night or nah?

emjot

Just won the Veyron Gr 4, Fittipaldi VGT and the Peugeot Rally Car for daily workout and oval track experience - nice.

plidex

I did and while I enjoyed it and will probably purchase it, I like the feel of GT. My only problem right now is that I want a racing wheel but there's no universal wheel for Xbox one and PS4.

Just buy a wheel for PS4.

I spent so so so many years complaining about the fact that I couldn't buy an xbox and play Forza because my wheel (G25, then T500RS) wasn't compatible.

Then this year I finally get to play Forza 7 on PC, I spent USD 100 on the ultimate edition, I was so disappointed about the handling I haven't played it again.

I am sad the daily challenge doesn't stick around for a week. People who want to dive in and race a few times won't care but if you want a great qualifying time and track knowledge it takes hours (of fun) so after 3 days I am looking forward to competing, and find the event has cycled already.

They should add one weekly cycle event and also clearly show how long to run before refresh.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I am sad the daily challenge doesn't stick around for a week. People who want to dive in and race a few times won't care but if you want a great qualifying time and track knowledge it takes hours (of fun) so after 3 days I am looking forward to competing, and find the event has cycled already.

They should add one weekly cycle event and also clearly show how long to run before refresh.

The predominant feedback seems to be that we should have both dailies and weeklies. There is something to be said for dailies, so you can get quick exposure to different cars, different tracks combos. But as you say diving in for a weekly, taking time to do your best against friends is meaningful.

The predominant feedback seems to be that we should have both dailies and weeklies. There is something to be said for dailies, so you can get quick exposure to different cars, different tracks combos. But as you say diving in for a weekly, taking time to do your best against friends is meaningful.

I must have done 400 laps of dragons tail, in 3 cars, slowly working out what settings help and what don't. (turns out a faster learning method is to download the 1.46 replay someone did in a GTR that showed the key to the whole circuit is adjusting the car until you can keep the throttle pinned through the entire freaking chicane!) but it was great to learn by myself instead of just googling the answer. Learn by doing. I don't regret the time invested. Presumably in a month the track will appear again.

PD had the right idea but got deluged by complaints from people who don't have the attention span. Hope they find a way to insert events in between the championship series, and the fast cycle ones. Those would really hit the sweet spot.

Here's a video I've knocked up showing the 6 different classes driving around Mount Panorama in VR to see how they compared. The level of detail to the cabins in VR is really amazing though some reflections let it down (like the vents on the screen in the viper look very low Res). Had a lot of fun just driving these fantastic beasts around there, just hope PD add more to the VR side of the game.

https://youtu.be/KJI9jSF02Dk

bigred50

Here's a video I've knocked up showing the 6 different classes driving around Mount Panorama in VR to see how they compared. The level of detail to the cabins in VR is really amazing though some reflections let it down (like the vents on the screen in the viper look very low Res). Had a lot of fun just driving these fantastic beasts around there, just hope PD add more to the VR side of the game.

https://youtu.be/KJI9jSF02Dk

Cool, thanks. Are you faster/slower in VR mode vs non-VR? Any difference in your track performance?

Duke Togo

That feeling of satisfaction when the guy who purposely sideswiped me repeatedly gets penalized and finishes one spot behind me. 💰

I feel like I'm already done with the game.

Every bloody time I play there's always maintenance.

So, nothing stopping me from playing while it's maintenance since I can just reconnect later and save right? WRONG. I did just that and couldn't reconnect no matter how many times I tried. It was not maintenance time, I checked around and no reports of server issues at the time. My internet worked perfectly and I could the browser on my PS4. I accepted that the game is already bugged, restarted it, and it connected fine. Lost a few hours of progress.

Waited several days to cool off, booted my PS4 and guess what, server maintenance again.

If they're going to do this all the time, move maintenance time to something not anywhere between 5-9PM, or just let us save offline!

There was one over the last few days, might've been yesterday. It was definitely maintenance because I the game said so, and I restarted the game just to be sure.

WoolyNinja

Ah, thought you were talking about tonight. Yeah, the last few nights have been rough. I'm hoping the latest patch / server maintenance was the final one for a couple weeks.

Cool, thanks. Are you faster/slower in VR mode vs non-VR? Any difference in your track performance?

I've not done any runs to compare with TV play on that track, I'll have a look at that tonight - what I can say tho is that is very easy to jump in another car and drive it pretty quickly in VR. Each of the runs in the video was only my 2nd lap in that car hence the mistakes.

Top Bottom