• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

Enjoy guys!

Will get it later on sale but really loved what I played in the demo. Took shitload of pics.

I have F5'ed GT threads so much in the past few days for pics and impressions though! What a time.

12 gig patch

DfsJYYU.jpg
Lol. I’d rather they put out the game they want us to play I guess.

God I love license test. Always, always the first thing I do in a GT game. Gold them all, then play the game.

Back to school... What did carry over then?

Credits, up to 5 cars, and some game settings. The leaderboard times saved but you have to do the tests and missions again. I also had some achievement to redeem that immediately boosted me to driver level 5.

Not long now. Just feeding into the chat info about the real license you can earn, which I'm excited about. Turns out it will be quite expensive to own (about $200 to $300 per year - source).

It also looks like it won't be ready anytime soon, with the FIA body in Australia - CAMS - not even meeting with Sony until late November to talk about it (source).

I wasn't expecting to get through the challenges any time in the near future, but I'm a bit surprised that nothing has been announced about the cost and availability of the FIA license. Anyone here heard anything different?

MGR

Not long now. Just feeding into the chat info about the real license you can earn, which I'm excited about. Turns out it will be quite expensive to own (about $200 to $300 per year - source).

It also looks like it won't be ready anytime soon, with the FIA body in Australia - CAMS - not even meeting with Sony until late November to talk about it (source).

I wasn't expecting to get through the challenges any time in the near future, but I'm a bit surprised that nothing has been announced about the cost and availability of the FIA license. Anyone here heard anything different?

Interesting...
I wonder if the licence will be free to existing CAMS licence holders? I have a CAMS licence for multiple disciplines, but you only get charged for the most expensive of those disciplines.

Niks

God I love license test. Always, always the first thing I do in a GT game. Gold them all, then play the game.

Credits, up to 5 cars, and some game settings. The leaderboard times saved but you have to do the tests and missions again. I also had some achievement to redeem that immediately boosted me to driver level 5.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Apparently I'm a crystal driver?

Anyone knows what it means?

A lot of the early license tests have tight margins. By the third row, I am driving sloppy as shit and still getting golds. Shouldn't be too hard for most to gold them all.

Wish PSN wasn’t so goddamn slow.. I have 8 gigs of data left to download and it’s been going slow as hell saying it has 4 hours left when I have a 700 Mbps download speed.

I'm buying this tomorrow. I really hate the lack of comercial cars though. I loved starting off with a Miata and working my way up. Oh well, I'm still hype. game looks phenomenal and I can't wait to play it on the 4k HDR set.

What are your options for starting cars?

Interesting...
I wonder if the licence will be free to existing CAMS licence holders? I have a CAMS licence for multiple disciplines, but you only get charged for the most expensive of those disciplines.

Great question. Assuming that structure - or paying for the most expensive - comes from the top down through the FIA, then you'd think the answer would be yes. But how they could track your CAMS membership in-game, who knows.

otapnam

Not gonna buy a car till I have all tests, missions, and circuit challenges done. Bank all those free cars first.

That's the OG way to go for sure. Don't want to double up accidentally or waste $ when you can win something better.

Can't wait till tomorrow!

Go to sound options and turn your race sounds enhancements up and WOW!!! it will make you smile. I set mine to 145, there are 2 race enhancement options turn those puppies up. It rivals Race Room.

DMUPoZLU8AAwRGF.jpg

DMUPgX4VAAA11tE.jpg

DMUP0ceVQAA9Haf.jpg

bombshell

A lot of the early license tests have tight margins. By the third row, I am driving sloppy as shit and still getting golds. Shouldn't be too hard for most to gold them all.

There's a trophy for beating a driving school test gold time by more than 1 second. Did you encounter one yet where that might be doable?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I’m guessing boost is on when simply selecting single race under arcade and that you have to create a custom race to turn it off.

I'm wary to buy the Nissan GT-R because I feel like it'll be a reward car for some reason. Is there some list of all the reward cars somewhere perhaps?

Man the wheel support is absolutely fantastic. I just got the g29 over the weekend, and have tried it out on a few games on pc (forza 7, Dirt rally, horizon 3) but none have even come close to this in terms of FFB and control. Makes the purchase so worth it!

There's a trophy for beating a driving school test gold time by more than 1 second. Did you encounter one yet where that might be doable?

I am not trying to optimize yet, but I feel like toward the end of the beginner class, I was able to get gold while still being sloppy. If it pops naturally, I will let you know what test it was.

Edit: My guess is the full lap tests will he the easiest to do it on. Lots of places to gain time. The shorter the test, the tighter the margins.

Crayon

Go to sound options and turn your race sounds enhancements up and WOW!!! it will make you smile. I set mine to 145, there are 2 race enhancement options turn those puppies up. It rivals Race Room.

Oh that's an interesting option. I don't have the game yet so that's news to me.

How much of that money in the screenshot you posted was earnt through the licenses and whatnot?

I think I brought like 700K over from beta, then another 500K from pre order bonus. The license tests aren't big cash cows. The circuit sector challenges are much more lucrative.

mojo2

Neo Member
Five cars from the beta? Damn, I wonder what cars I'll get through. If it is in order of receiving them, I'll miss my Bugatti.
I'm actually glad credits and few cars are all that are carrying over. I was toying with the thought of starting over since it was so much fun but now I guess it's almost like starting from scratch with some heritage heirloom.

Top Bottom