• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Previews

Rellik

300 layers isn't going to be enough to make Kate tho.
screenshot-original-1woo79.png

You only need 1 layer in GT Sport to do that.

magawolaz

I'm still skeptical about the image importing feature, because we haven't seen it in the game yet and because it would be abused pretty easily.

I trust Hollie, but I fear it's a translation error regarding the "Personal decals" option, that is used to save designs made with the editor.

Super happy to be wrong though.

--
Nurb gameplay with the new Thrustmasters direct-drive wheel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjSVeH3zN8

Radec

Got to play it earlier, looks great. Didn't hear the sound much as the event is too noisy.

Now to find a cheap wheel like the Logitech DFGT last gen..

DavidDesu

I just wish we could customise the number plates to regional variants and of course customise those. The "car name" plates are a little thing that's just breaks the illusion.

KdotIX

--
Nurb gameplay with the new Thrustmasters direct-drive wheel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjSVeH3zN8

Just to let you know, that wheel isn't a direct drive wheel. Its practically the same as a T300 wheel but has smoother FFB and some kind of fan cooling element to it. It does look nice, but its not priced well (£699).

Oh it's also built for GTS - So I think theres a switch on it which you can hit to change between GT Sport mode and "Other" mode. Basically, it adds various other effects to the wheel when playing GT Sport

Noobcraft

Never played Forza - how come this is so many layers? Looks like it should just be one image.
It's not an image. It's a set of vectors put together to simulate a real image (adobe illustrator style). There's no way to import images in Forza (for players anyways, certainly T10 can), because it would be a content curation/copyright nightmare. That decal was put together using a bunch of basic shapes.

Servbot24

Banned
It's not an image. It's a set of vectors put together to simulate a real image (adobe illustrator style). There's no way to import images in Forza (for players anyways, certainly T10 can), because it would be a content curation/copyright nightmare. That decal was put together using a bunch of basic shapes.

Oh, wow. That's amazing :eek:

xrnzaaas

There was some fabulous camera shake/movement in the cockpit portion of that "vid" hope this is a sign of things to come!

It looked really strange unless it was from the VR mode. The cabin was shaking even when the car wasn't braking hard and before it started to turn. Of course it's impossible to make any judgments based off a few seconds of onboard footage from some trailer.

I'm hoping they will go aggressive with the onboard view effects (both visual & audio) but that they won't go overboard and won't make it look silly and unplayable instead.

The Tokyo night track annoys me in videos because of the strobe light effect on the dashboard.

I've been wondering thought if that effect could be lessen by HDR? Can there be smoother, more subtle transitions of lighting with it?

lol or He had to forget to light his headlights.. ^^
It is like das driveclub only the player's car projects the shadows of the other elements .. it is a sacrifice but for game 60 fps it's not so bad

I just saw the video where the GIF is from. The other car did have its lights on, but it was very dim.

and yeah, it's a good sacrifice to make it 60fps.

benzy

The Tokyo night track annoys me in videos because of the strobe light effect on the dashboard.

I've been wondering thought if that effect could be lessen by HDR? Can there be smoother, more subtle transitions of lighting with it?

Probably just unpolished in that preview build. It's smoother in GT6.

Stoop Man

My backup plan if Gran Turismo Sport's online multiplayer doesn't grab me is to make fantasy racing league liveries with implausible or fictional sponsors/teams (hello modern-day Wipeout teams) and then make clips that look like ACTUAL RACES.

Fuck, I would totally go for an AG Systems livery. That's a way better idea than the stupid anime cars I had in mind. :p

Dante83

Banned
GT sports is looking great. I would like to play this on ps4 pro at 1080p since the performance is closer to a locked 60 fps, and the replays are also 60 fps, where it is a return to form since GT3/GT4 replays were 60 fps on ps2. I love viewing the replays since they look so good on GT games, and the increased frame rate is going to make it look better.
I have concerns that the base ps4's frame rate is going to be variable between 40-60fps, and not locked at 60 fps during gameplay. I am getting a ps4 pro just for this game.

GT has a pretty great lighting system. It's unfortunate that only the player's headlights illuminate the environment/cast shadows though.

It seems the illumination being cast is limited for the AI (you can see them light the road but not by much) .Not sure if it is a bug and they're running low beams, or if it is resource management.

It seems the illumination being cast is limited for the AI (you can see them light the road but not by much) .Not sure if it is a bug and they're running low beams, or if it is resource management.

It's to keep framerate up by not having to do tons of light calculations on a single pixel, there's a lot of games which do this, Even Mario Kart 8 does the same :D

In the video there is at least one other car somewhere at the back of the field that you can sometimes see casting light but I don't know the reason for that.

Fredrik

GT sports is looking great. I would like to play this on ps4 pro at 1080p since the performance is closer to a locked 60 fps, and the replays are also 60 fps, where it is a return to form since GT3/GT4 replays were 60 fps on ps2. I love viewing the replays since they look so good on GT games, and the increased frame rate is going to make it look better.
I have concerns that the base ps4's frame rate is going to be variable between 40-60fps, and not locked at 60 fps during gameplay. I am getting a ps4 pro just for this game.
Wait, what, they aren't going to have locked 60fps on PS4???
That would be the one thing that would get me to ignore this game (or buy it, because I'm weak, but then trash it every time I could on every board I could), they simply can't wait this long to finalize the game and strip away SP content etc while also not nail the gameplay performance on the base console, that would be too much negatives for me. I don't care about the replays, I never watch them anyway, but the actual racing simply can't have framedrops, that would be awful. Never thought about that possibility. No, I did think about it, when the first PS4K/Neo rumours hit, but apparently forgot about it. Can't say I've seen a single drop in the previews though but I guess that has been the Pro version.

I'm still skeptical about the image importing feature, because we haven't seen it in the game yet and because it would be abused pretty easily.

I trust Hollie, but I fear it's a translation error regarding the "Personal decals" option, that is used to save designs made with the editor.

--

Me too, to be honest. Watching the PS Access video, the only real wording that says we'll be able to import images is "if you want to work on something out of the game and bring it in" or some variation thereof. The thread that mentioned you could potentially bring in output from, say, Photoshop might be premature.

Fuck, I would totally go for an AG Systems livery. That's a way better idea than the stupid anime cars I had in mind. :p

I actually made a few of these way back in the days of Forza 3, but they take so long to make that I never get them to a satisfactory level:

HQmfb8al.jpg

Cunv5mfl.jpg

My hope is that the GT Sport livery editor will make this sort of thing much easier to do by allowing more of the workflow to be done in actual image/vector-editing tools. It sounds like it's already succeeded in giving us much higher-resolution decals than any Forza to date, including Horizon 3, so that's a start.

Putty

Wait, what, they aren't going to have locked 60fps on PS4???
That would be the one thing that would get me to ignore this game (or buy it, because I'm weak, but then trash it every time I could on every board I could), they simply can't wait this long to finalize the game and strip away SP content etc while also not nail the gameplay performance on the base console, that would be too much negatives for me. I don't care about the replays, I never watch them anyway, but the actual racing simply can't have framedrops, that would be awful. Never thought about that possibility. No, I did think about it, when the first PS4K/Neo rumours hit, but apparently forgot about it. Can't say I've seen a single drop in the previews though but I guess that has been the Pro version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-gran-turismo-sport-ps4-pro-analysis

Guymelef

--

Yep, I still thing there isn't own image option and probably she just misunderstood the feature

Top Bottom