• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Previews

farisr

Plus there is always DLC that can be added in, so who's to say more traditional SP modes won't come later ?
This is actually one of the worst "arguments" I hear online. Who's to say they won't do this, who's to say they won't do that. Yeah, no. I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt to deliver something after launch that you haven't promised to begin with. Heck, look at SFV, it hasn't even delivered on some things that Capcom outright showed and promised before launch (Extra Battle).

This is one of the worst kind of attitudes (maybe not the right word) folks can have. Buying or giving leeway to games on the possibility of something happening, especially when the devs themselves haven't said anything of the sort.

Keeping a close eye on this, but will wait down the road when they inevitably patch in meaty sp stuff. Right now, Driveclub is my go to racer for ps4.Whatever small backlash (I metion small at the focus of the racing market is more and more online and micro-transaction based, that's the reality) won't affect sales to the larger GT market. I mean it could still go south, but outside of really fucked up, Non-GT car handling I doubt the lack of sp content will move mountains complaint wise.

Personally I don't mind too much on the sp content so far, since I always usually play custom time trials and races.

I mean they took on a ton of feedback just in the beta and following the thread I was amazed at how they made a near transformative change to the game. At first it was a used game/sale write off but the changes they made rocketed the game up my interest list.

For those mentioning reviews, eh GT is review proof, GT6 has a low (for GT review expectation) metascore and decent reviews but still sold (and is selling) 5+ million on a dead platform. They even to this year are issuing patches for it.

EDIT: This is coming off as a little too dismissive, I believe there very well could be a backlash for the sp stuff, and that PD,as shown in the beta, will look into this and make changes, however I also believe even with the sp stuff patched in, the sales won't be affected at lauch and focus of the GT intended market at large will be online.

It is sad, (no really)for sp racers, but the market has spoken. Buying customers prefer more online options and even micro transactions.

Audioboxer

Unfortunately that's how the games industry is now and it's hardly the first game to charge full price and have DLC, plus game development isn't cheap, so we might not always like it but can't fault PD for wanting to make an online service based GT game to make money, like a lot of developers do these days.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like this to be GT7 with all the bells and whistles too but they always said Sport was online focused, so it's not that surprising.

I've got no issues with them having DLC, but it's going to be open season if they attempt to sell campaign content they themselves once had included, and the competition out weeks before may have included.

If PD want to make up for a barebones campaign in after support, it's going to have to come from free patches. Tracks and cars they'll get away with selling, although people will continue to be salty about the day 1 car amount compared to the past and competition.

Ultimately, I don't think it will happen anyway, it's probably just going to be "we're online now" and "wait for GT7" if the reviews and criticism is bad.

Guymelef

yeah I read all the above I still don't get the complain. A really well done online campaign, event, etc etc could actually what the Racing community needed now. People need to question why racing as a genre seemingly in decline. And no please dont be elitist with your comment and reason because your other favorite franchise might be following this path soon.

You are assuming that who criticizes GT Sport has another favourite franchise".

SFV wasn't punished at launch by Killer Instinct users.

Yjynx

This is actually one of the worst "arguments" I hear online. Who's to say they won't do this, who's to say they won't do that. Yeah, no. I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt to deliver something after launch that you haven't promised to begin with. Heck, look at SFV, it hasn't even delivered on some things that Capcom outright showed and promised before launch (Extra Battle).

This is one of the worst kind of attitudes (maybe not the right word) folks can have. Buying or giving leeway to games on the possibility of something happening, especially when the devs themselves haven't said anything of the sort.
But street fighter getting alot of meaty content and updates. Event recently they gives us new updates. What capcom do wrong is rushing the games to be released. One of the advantages of online focus games (GaaS) is you could always expect the dev to gives you an update of content. Player engagement and retention is the focus. Player can expect a lot of things. Maybe some wacky free event, or maybe some free roaming open world Tokyo city race - who knows?

It's interesting to see what PD going to go with this.

Edit:
You are assuming that who criticizes GT Sport has another favourite franchise".

SFV wasn't punished at launch by Killer Instinct users.
Nope that's not what I meant. This is the where the genre heading like it or not maybe at the end of the day you have to tried it either with this game or your favourite franchise. That's all.

Well it is what it is and sure, there is no guarantee things will get added in, free or paid, so we will just have to wait and see what they have planned.

Personally I'll judge the game on what it does offer, not what it doesn't and if that stuff is good, then I'll be happy playing GT Sport with it's online mode and tons of challenges.

Well it is what it is and sure, there is no guarantee things will get added in, free or paid, so we will just have to wait and see what they have planned.

Personally I'll judge the game on what it does offer, not what it doesn't and if that stuff is good, then I'll be happy playing GT Sport with it's online mode and tons of challenges.
This is the way I'm seeing it too. There are other games that offer the beefy campaigns. If it doesn't sit well with a lot of GT fans, Sony and PD will notice a sales decline.

This is the way I'm seeing it too. There are other games that offer the beefy campaigns. If it doesn't sit well with a lot of GT fans, Sony and PD will notice a sales decline.

Yep and then GT7 will be the next thing they do. I still think GT Sport will do well enough and surprise some people though.

farisr

But street fighter getting alot of meaty content and updates. Event recently they gives us new updates. What capcom do wrong is rushing the games to be released. One of the advantages of online focus games (GaaS) is you could always expect the dev to gives you an update of content. Player engagement and retention is the focus. Player can expect a lot of things. Maybe some wacky free event, or maybe some free roaming open world Tokyo city race - who knows?

It's interesting to see what PD going to go with this..
Yeah, and who knows, maybe PD gives everyone a $30 refund cause they're disappointed. Cause you know, who knows.

Seriously though, the difference here is that Capcom promised Single player stuff ahead of time, PD on the other hand, has not. And their advertising campaign so far is "you remember that old stuff, that was actually really lame, this is the new direction we're headed in" So expecting them to just patch in content that will be meaningful after launch without them having said anything is far-fetched at this point in time. It comes off as a poor way to just handwave away a legitimate criticism folks already have of the gamee. It's a big aspect of the game that reflects poorly on it, and so honestly this whole "who knows what they'll bring" comes off as "please stop criticizing an aspect of the game that's falling short for a game that I'm already sold on"

Yjynx

Yep and then GT7 will be the next thing they do. I still think GT Sport will do well enough and surprise some people though.

Yeah I very much agreed on this. GT community as whole is very solid hence the online focus could actually really paid off.

Yeah, and who knows, maybe PD gives everyone a $30 refund cause they're disappointed. Cause you know, who knows.

Seriously though, the difference here is that Capcom promised Single player stuff ahead of time, PD on the other hand, has not. And their advertising campaign so far is "you remember that old stuff, that was actually really lame, this is the new direction we're headed in" So expecting them to just patch in content that will be meaningful after launch without them having said anything is far-fetched at this point in time. It comes off as a poor way to just handwave away a legitimate criticism folks already have of the gamee. It's a big aspect of the game that reflects poorly on it, and so honestly this whole "who knows what they'll bring" comes off as "please stop criticizing an aspect of the game that's falling short for a game that I'm already sold on"
Wow is this even necessary?

Seems to me no matter what you already decided on your opinion of the game....

Grassy

Eh... Shouldn't the game be evaluated on its own merits? This is a reboot from the looks of things. It should be evaluated as such.

Let's face it, a heap of people wanted a "traditional" GT campaign with the Sunday Cup etc, and some people just aren't into multiplayer-focused titles so it won't be every reviewers cup of tea.

I mean to me it seems strange they're removing a part of what made GT popular in the first place, the car collecting and full-blown career mode, but obviously this is the direction they feel the series needed to head in so I guess we have to wait and see how it turns out.

farisr

Yeah I very much agreed on this. GT community as whole is very solid hence the online focus could actually really paid off.

Wow is this even necessary?
It seems so since people seem to be parroting the "who knows" mantra now. Before it was "wait till closer to launch, I'm sure it'll have a full fledged campaign, they just have to reveal it" now it's turned into "who knows, they could add it in after"
Seems to me no matter what you already decided on your opinion of the game....
Yes I have. After playing the beta and looking at the updates, I've already decided on my opinion of the game that this game: will have good gameplay, good presentation (graphics, sounds. lighting), a solid track selection and will lack substantial offline content. And that lack of offline content makes the game a massive disappointment already in my eyes as that has been one of the most important aspects of GT to me. I did not have much fun playing the online races in the beta, and I am not much of an online player to begin with, so the outlook is very clear.. There's enough info out there to make a judgement already if you've played the beta and have been keeping up with the updates/news.

The game still has Arcade, or do people just choose to ignore that feature which pits you against AI opponents, where each race can be set up anyway... Cup's and little tournaments might be out, but you still have AI racing and need to purchase cars via the usual credit system and daily exercise for the collectathon. 150 cars isn't a small amount, and at most you're gonna use maybe 1 or 2 regularly for each race class once you've found a ride you like. At least it not a million versions of the Nissan Skyline:

I don't need this anymore:
S Nissan SKYLINE 1500Deluxe (S50D-1) '63
S Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
S Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73
S Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 350GT '03
P Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R32) '89
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R32) '91
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) '95
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) '96
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) '97
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34) '99
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R34) '00
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M·spec (R34) '01
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M·spec Nür (R34) '02
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R N1 (R32) '91
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R N1 (R33) '95
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Special Color Midnight Purple II (R34) '99
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Special Color Midnight Purple III (R34) '00
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R32) '93
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R33) '95
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R33) '96
P/S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R33) '97
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec (R34) '99
P/S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II (R32) '94
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II (R34) '00
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II N1 (R34) '00
P/S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) '02
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec LM Limited (R33) '96
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec N1 (R32) '93
S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec N1 (R34) '99
S Nissan SKYLINE GTS25 Type S (R32) '91
S Nissan SKYLINE GTS-R (R31) '87
S Nissan SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) '89
S Nissan SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) '91
S Nissan SKYLINE Hard Top 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30) '84
S Nissan SKYLINE Hard Top 2000 Turbo RS (R30) '83
S Nissan SKYLINE Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70
S Nissan SKYLINE Sedan 300GT '01
P Nissan SKYLINE Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
S Nissan SKYLINE Sedan 350GT-8 '02
S Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62

Yjynx

It seems so since people seem to be parroting the "who knows" mantra now. Before it was "wait till closer to launch, I'm sure it'll have a full fledged campaign, they just have to reveal it" now it's turned into "who knows, they could add it in after"Yes I have. After playing the beta and looking at the updates, I've already decided on my opinion of the game that this game:

Will have good gameplay, good presentation, a solid track selection and will lack substantial offline content. And that lack of offline content makes the game a massive disappointment already in my eyes. There's enough info out there to make your judgements already if you've played the beta.
I never said they would patch full pledged campaign though? I said that game as GaaS would be full of updated content..... and I'm really excited for that.

But that's your opinion. Other people in the beta, me included also very excited about the game and not being bother at all by the lack of campaign.

Edit:
actually now that I think about it this the only GT I'm excited after 4. wow at that.

Most die hard GT fans who were 12-18 years old when the first game was released pretty much understood that they just didn´t get it after the release of GT5.

PC´s became easier to build and simulators better and easier to get into. Other games showed up, a lot has changed and it´s almost sad that most GT threads are divided with people defending, saying it´s not that bad or that people shouldn´t be complaining this much.

The point is, they are streamlining to e-sports and online hardcore elements forgetting that most of this hardcore e-sports fan base has already moved on. Sure, we will play it when it´s released, but most of the time will end up being spend on AC, Pcars, iRacing, RaceRoom...

This hardcore e-sports crowd has nothing to do with pictures, concept cars, blund fantasy tracks and everything else they´ve been doing this last decade or so.

The saving grace for GT was still the rock solid GAME that they had, it wasn´t the sim aspect that was shining in GT5 or GT6.

Now they offer a barebones single player mode that´s not gonna please the casuals and regular GT players, and you sell people on a online mode that certainly won´t cater to the uber hardcore e-sports guys that want things to be as realistic as possible.

I have no idea who this game is targeting, because i remember being blown away in 1997 when GT was unlike anything in the market. Up until GT5, there were things that only Gran Turismo was doing, so it was still a must for everyone, even if the sim aspect wasn´t as hardcore as some were hoping.

The sad thing as a long time GT fan is that now they release the new game and all i can think of is "whatever, i´ll play for a bit, play GT Academy, but whatever", because the sim fix of many older GT guys is already some other game, so people are not even mad anymore with the direction the series is taking.

The only ones on the defense force are the same people that in 2013 were defending GT6 in PS3 because of user base numbers and in 2009 and 2010 were defending the decision to not do outsourcing and spend six months in a premium car because it would be future proof.

They never wanted to be as realistic as possible, and more and more people are just accepting this and moving on, but why alienate the casual players?

They spent 1000 man hours or so developing ways for you to take pictures of a car, but you can´t set up the tire pressure in this same car. Tuning since GT1, with the exception of the almost useless toe in, is exactly the same as it was 20 years ago. Priorities, why?

This turned out to be just a huge rant, but i just don´t understand why they are trying to do opposite things to a different crowds and managing to piss off both crowds at the same time. This is going to bomb compared to other GT games.

Most die hard GT fans who were 12-18 years old when the first game was released pretty much understood that they just didn´t get it after the release of GT5.

PC´s became easier to build and simulators better and easier to get into. Other games showed up, a lot has changed and it´s almost sad that most GT threads are divided with people defending, saying it´s not that bad or that people shouldn´t be complaining this much.

The point is, they are streamlining to e-sports and online hardcore elements forgetting that most of this hardcore e-sports fan base has already moved on. Sure, we will play it when it´s released, but most of the time will end up being spend on AC, Pcars, iRacing, RaceRoom...

This hardcore e-sports crowd has nothing to do with pictures, concept cars, blund fantasy tracks and everything else they´ve been doing this last decade or so.

The saving grace for GT was still the rock solid GAME that they had, it wasn´t the sim aspect that was shining in GT5 or GT6.

Now they offer a barebones single player mode that´s not gonna please the casuals and regular GT players, and you sell people on a online mode that certainly won´t cater to the uber hardcore e-sports guys that want things to be as realistic as possible.

I have no idea who this game is targeting, because i remember being blown away in 1997 when GT was unlike anything in the market. Up until GT5, there were things that only Gran Turismo was doing, so it was still a must for everyone, even if the sim aspect wasn´t as hardcore as some were hoping.

The sad thing as a long time GT fan is that now they release the new game and all i can think of is "whatever, i´ll play for a bit, play GT Academy, but whatever", because the sim fix of many older GT guys is already some other game, so people are not even mad anymore with the direction the series is taking.

The only ones on the defense force are the same people that in 2013 were defending GT6 in PS3 because of user base numbers and in 2009 and 2010 were defending the decision to not do outsourcing and spend six months in a premium car because it would be future proof.

They never wanted to be as realistic as possible, and more and more people are just accepting this and moving on, but why alienate the casual players?

They spent 1000 man hours or so developing ways for you to take pictures of a car, but you can´t set up the tire pressure in this same car. Tuning since GT1, with the exception of the almost useless toe in, is exactly the same as it was 20 years ago. Priorities, why?

This turned out to be just a huge rant, but i just don´t understand why they are trying to do opposite things to a different crowds and managing to piss off both crowds at the same time. This is going to bomb compared to other GT games.

Amazing post, I've said parts of it myself a few weeks / months ago. GTS is chasing a public that already has something better, so you're left with those that use console only. If that public is big enough to do numbers like the old games is still to be seen, unlike Street Fighter Gran Turismo still sells just by name so dismissing the sales potential right now is not wise.

zeshakag

Yeah, I've been waiting for GT sport but couldn't resist and got PCars, then got AC. I'm set with AC unless PCars2 comes out with some great physics/FFB, and I don't see myself coming back to GT unless something significant changes.

Dovahking

I'm so excited.

I think they should announce a full roadmap before launch like Driveclub did.

15012015800_59e678b7db_b.jpg

offshore

So I know it was already virtually known, but goddamn, the track list in GTS is absolutely shocking. A massive tilt toward new fictional tracks compared to real world tracks is a baffling decision to me.
seattle6418 said:
Most die hard GT fans who were 12-18 years old when the first game was released pretty much understood that they just didn´t get it after the release of GT5
Hey, come on! Give them some props... at least they've finally removed the paint chip system and replaced it with a design that other racing games had decades ago. That's progress :lol. But yeah, you're right. Compared to the run-up to GT5 - before people discovered that PD didn't get it - the run-up to GTS just seems beyond flat. I think GTS is going to review and bomb very hard indeed.

So I know it was already virtually known, but goddamn, the track list in GTS is absolutely shocking. A massive tilt toward new fictional tracks compared to real world tracks is a baffling decision to me.

Hey, come on! Give them some props... at least they've finally removed the paint chip system and replaced it with a design that other racing games had decades ago. That's progress :lol. But yeah, you're right. Compared to the run-up to GT5 - before people discovered that PD didn't get it - the run-up to GTS just seems beyond flat. I think GTS is going to review and bomb very hard indeed.

It´s difficult to not make any jokes.

We said: we hate grinding for cars

PD: Ok, let´s scratch that career mode!

Just a small example in a sea of things.

I forgot to mention, but GTS also has the amazing task of convincing people that it´s good enough for you to purchase a wheel. Going by RSR numbers, half of the uber hardcore user base on AC is playing with a G25 or 27.

It´s a tough sell to make those guys buy a new wheel just to get into the e-sports portion of GTS.

rolandss

I'll still jump in on this because I love the series but this looks like a e-sports game through and through, not a GT7 type experience.

I can't wait for a campaign game.

rolandss

I forgot to mention, but GTS also has the amazing task of convincing people that it´s good enough for you to purchase a wheel. Going by RSR numbers, half of the uber hardcore user base on AC is playing with a G25 or 27.

It´s a tough sell to make those guys buy a new wheel just to get into the e-sports portion of GTS.

I love grinding for cars. Starting poor and building your garage was all the fun for me. :)

KORNdoggy

You're talking about a franchise that has super bare bones prologue entries selling better than the mainline entries from the competition. Not to mention GT6 which launched on ps3 right when the ps4 was out, and still managed to sell 5+ million units and climbing. GT sells on name alone now. It might not review as well as PD or sony would like, but it'll be a multi million seller just like all the others.

paskowitz

Yup. Only reason GT Academy took off was because GT5/GT6 had G25/G27 wheel support (along with Fanatec and Thrustmaster). It's not just about current drivers, but new ones as well. How many are going to go out and drop $300 on a wheel/pedal set just for GTS?

I guess the will take the same approach as Forza and promote "eSports" that are a joke (using a controller, same 15 or so competitors and same 2 champions each year, etc).

You're talking about a franchise that has super bare bones prologue entries selling better than the mainline entries from the competition. Not to mention GT6 which launched on ps3 right when the ps4 was out, and still managed to sell 5+ million units and climbing. GT sells on name alone now. It might not review as well as PD or sony would like, but it'll be a multi million seller just like all the others.

I assume he means only sell 5.6 million when he says "bomb very hard indeed".

farisr

Yeah, it'll definitely have a strong launch run that will result in multimillion sales due to the GT name and it being the only GT title on PS4. The quality of the game will affect the word of mouth and the long-term sales. But I think GT will manage to outsell most of its competitors lifetime sales (for their most recent entries) by the end of this year.

If there's one thing I hate when people talk about the quality or game elements of GT is when people bring up the sales. Just because its selling, doesn't mean things should be ignored. Yeah, GT sells, but its literally one of the few racing games available on the platform. Driveclub, Project Cars... and yeah. I hate bringing up the Xbox, but Microsoft have managed to make a very quality driven machine out of the Forza franchise. Even after an average one like 5, they rebound with Horizon 2, Forza 6 and Horizon 3 back to back. I'm not a fan of yearly releases, but there are at least 3 more racing games worth playing on the competitors platform over what's available on PS4.

It really sucks. GTS removing the campaign portion also blows. I don't understand the arguments for removing it. I get the focus should be on online multiplayer, but why remove the one thing that everyone has enjoyed for 20 years now?

Driveclub has literally been the only racing game on PS4 worthy of note, with Project Cars being around there as well. GTS being focused on online bumper cars and time attacks really wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't substitute A-Spec with license tests based Challenges.

But yeah, it'll sell alright. Sometimes I really do wonder what matters more to some people.

Best wishes.

EBreda

I think it's totally unfair to criticize GT Sport for the lack of a proper career mode, since PD from the start said this was not a proper sequel to GT6 aka not a mainline series' game.

Actually (to the best of my knowledge) PD never promised a deep single player mode, not even via DLC. What they set out to achieve was to build an online focused racer to a competitive crowd, and it seems they are keeping that promise.

Of course I'd like to have a meaty GT7 this late on the PS4 life but that is not what this game is about.

Hopefully the community will thrive and love for GT will be rekindled.

bitbydeath

I think it's totally unfair to criticize GT Sport for the lack of a proper career mode, since PD from the start said this was not a proper sequel to GT6 aka not a mainline series' game.

Actually (to the best of my knowledge) PD never promised a deep single player mode, not even via DLC. What they set out to achieve was to build an online focused racer to a competitive crowd, and it seems they are keeping that promise.

Of course I'd like to have a meaty GT7 this late on the PS4 life but that is not what this game is about.

Hopefully the community will thrive and love for GT will be rekindled.

What is going on at PD that it takes them nearly an entire gen to produce a game that can only be defended for the lack of content by stating it is a non-sequel though?

Closing Evolution was a mistake.

Yjynx

It'd sell because of the name alone!

Right... Or perhaps because people actually like the direction they're going for it? Because there are merit and things that keep pulling the community? No matter what franchise, very bad game that have no merit what so ever would be left behind by the fanbase.

In fact almost all the complain here I see here is that no campaign = bomb. I'm still not seeing the community except few vocal here in gaf so pessimistic about this game.

Well we'll see soon I guess. I'm still very excited about the game though and agreed whole heartedly about the online focus.

Nope, they weren't. I've been telling folks and posting the exact info PD had been presenting to us for more than a year now, letting them know not to expect much more than what they had shown in their slides and official website when they asked about the campaign and lo and behold what happens, it is exactly in line with what PD had been showing us for a good while.

What's funny is I had a few snarky comments aimed at me for posting that info or directing someone towards a post with that info when someone asked. Acting like I had some sort of agenda to unfairly make the game look bad when what I was doing was trying to avoid a SFV like scenario happening for this game, where people buy the game and don't get the SP content they were expecting.
To be fair, you were kinda trashing it and that's offensive to people who are interested in the current game and like the new direction.

Personally, the campaign sounds like it will take just as long a time if not more so than older "rags to riches" modes. I don't particularly care for starting out with a trash car again, I've done it already since I was 13 years old, and really like the new direction, especially since racing online should feel like racing against the CPU since no one will be bumping you or driving dirty with the racing system.

I just don't agree with your assessment this is like SFV at all man. This is a different direction for what the SP is, it is NOT content lacking like SFV.

Loudninja

Using the IGN video.

Driving School seems to have 48 events (you can see it says Final in the lowest, barely viewable line of events). <-- scratch that number, that's only beginner and intermediate difficulty, there's probably a hard difficulty section too making the number of events in this category even higher than 48.

Mission Challenge has 7 rows times 8 events = 56 events.

Circuit Experience has 100 events across all circuits (I counted the dots on each track).

Then there's a 4th category: Racing Etiquette that they're aren't showing the contents of.
People may not like the direction f SP and that's find but this is not a lack of content.

Niks

Will you be able to share liveries?
I mean like in a open sharing of liveries and not in a "you can only share liveries with the people on your friendlist" dumbass kinda way?

farisr

To be fair, you were kinda trashing it and that's offensive to people who are interested in the current game and like the new direction.

Personally, the campaign sounds like it will take just as long a time if not more so than older "rags to riches" modes. I don't particularly care for starting out with a trash car again, I've done it already since I was 13 years old, and really like the new direction, especially since racing online should feel like racing against the CPU since no one will be bumping you or driving dirty with the racing system.

I just don't agree with your assessment this is like SFV at all man. This is a different direction for what the SP is, it is NOT content lacking like SFV.
I only got aggressive in tone in this thread. I was calling the campaign like it is, glorified license tests. That is not trashing. That's exactly what they are.

I did not say it is exactly like SFV, but the funny thing is a lot of it is mirroring SFV, even including your post just now. SFV did not "lack content" at launch as well according to some people that were defending it, referring to survival modes, character stories and trials, and that seems to be exactly what's going on with the campaign mode for this game as well. Content that's lacking in comparison to past entries is being exaggerated and referred to as being some sort of an equal to past games when all they've done is just double the number of license tests basically.

Top Bottom