• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport - Review Thread

jett

D-Member
These reviews are ridiculous. Have these people really reviewed the game despite most of the content being locked?

Eurogamer said:
Gran Turismo has always boasted best-in-class handling, and Sport is no different in that regard - indeed, if it wasn't for the relatively recent arrival of Assetto Corsa, this could happily boast of being the finest driving pure driving experience available on console. It's not quite there - the lack of full support for clutch simulation, and a handful of other small gripes, hampers its cause somewhat - but it's a compelling ride all the same, acquitting itself well regardless of whether you're playing on pad or wheel.
One of my Top3 favorite review outlets and they write something like this. What a pile of bullshit.

MaDKaT

The offline-missions are not very fun. Im more of a campaign guy and I'm not excited with Sport's ''Campaign'' mode

It is certainly a point of contention but apparently there are folks that loved doing the license tests of the previous games and PD doubled down on them and completely stripped out an actual campaign.

Koutsoubas

It is certainly a point of contention but apparently there are folks that loved doing the license tests of the previous games and PD doubled down on them and completely stripped out an actual campaign.

I totally see the logic behind that but... meh

Despite some real issues, it’s hard to find fault with GT Sport.
Can I just ask what the fuck does this actually mean? Who writes this stuff. Despite issues/faults, it's hard to find issues/faults.

Can I just ask what the fuck does this actually mean? Who writes this stuff. Despite issues/faults, it's hard to find issues/faults.
Come on man. Some of you guys are just pissy whether GT is good or bad.

Obviously it means the sum of its parts are really good, it’s easy to ignore the flaws. No game is perfect.

The offline-missions are not very fun. Im more of a campaign guy and I'm not excited with Sport's ''Campaign'' mode
The number of people who enjoy those... espacially the later ones and getting gold in them is very very low. They didn't double down on those, they doubled down on online. If there is less offline stuff to check off a list, then more people will put some hours into online and hopefully get sucked it. The thought probably was "if people would play more online they will feel engaged for very long without the need for all that much content and great ai" also "it's more fun to race against real people and too few of our players ever touch online, they need a poke in the right direction, so give them less to do in single player".

Similar things were said about DriveClub. From the outside looking in, you can see the shortcomings, but when you are playing and engaged with it, none of it even remotely matters because they nailed the gameplay and overall experience. GT Sport is simply a way better package than DC out of the gate, however.

Sanke__

From what I played of the beta, that eurogamer review seems very accurate

Lol
Yeah, that sentence makes absolutely no sense

The number of people who enjoy those... espacially the later ones and getting gold in them is very very low. They didn't double down on those, they doubled down on online. If there is less offline stuff to check off a list, then more people will put some hours into online and hopefully get sucked it. The thought probably was "if people would play more online they will feel engaged for very long without the need for all that much content and great ai" also "it's more fun to race against real people and too few of our players ever touch online, they need a poke in the right direction, so give them less to do in single player".
this man gets it...

At least try it before you knock it, might surprise yourself.’

Unknown?

Can’t believe people are still saying stuff like this like it’s all just license tests.

MaDKaT

I wasn't being serious. Probably should have put a '/s' after my comment. Your thought is pretty though but the reality of the situation is that they are just pushing GT into GaaS territory for future monetizing. Offline is merely an afterthought.

KageMaru

I'll have a word with the people. See what they say about your request.

Why shit up the thread? Regardless of what the game may or may not offer people, it's clear that it's not crap. Just because something isn't for you, that doesn't automatically make it shit.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Gamespot said:
Don't get me started on the inclusion of fashion label (and GT Sport sponsor) Tag Heuer next to car manufacturers in "Brand Central," the place you go to buy cars and explore the history behind them. Seeing a watchmaker get the same treatment as a car designer in a racing game isn't harmful, but it makes you question where its priorities lie.

636420368634235004-AP-UNITED-NATIONS-GENERAL-ASSEMBLY-93921916.JPG

cakely

Nice, not many reviews out but there's already some really upset people in here.

This thread is going to be glorious.

My prediction is still for high 70's, low 80's metascore. My copy is arriving today.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Similar things were said about DriveClub. From the outside looking in, you can see the shortcomings, but when you are playing and engaged with it, none of it even remotely matters because they nailed the gameplay and overall experience. GT Sport is simply a way better package than DC out of the gate, however.

I’m going to make the presumption that you’re not a professional writer (no offence), and yet you’ve made that point make orders of magnitude more sense than that oxymoron in what is meant to be a professional piece of writing!

Unknown?

They have improved a lot from previous gt games, but that doesn't say much tbh. Play some Arsetto Corsa or project cars and you'll hear that even the improved sounds in gt are mediocre at best.
Project CARS has probably the most unrealistic sound of them all. Sure they have rumble but everything is unrealistically enhanced.

Septic360

Banned
Nice, not many reviews out but there's already some really upset people in here.

This thread is going to be glorious.

My prediction is still for high 70's, low 80's metascore. My copy is arriving today.

popcorn_yes.gif

I reckon the MC score will be similar to Forza 7 tbh.

If its in the 70's, there will be all out war.

Come on man. Some of you guys are just pissy whether GT is good or bad.

Obviously it means the sum of its parts are really good, it’s easy to ignore the flaws. No game is perfect.

The sentence doesn't really make sense though. "Despite its flaws, GT Sport is still really fun" makes sense. "Despite its flaws, it's hard to find fault with GT Sport" is like saying "despite flaws, it's hard to find flaws of GT Sport."

Just a poor word choice I think. Fault is a synonym of flaw...

Synth

The game can't even save without being online.

You can open the game and use the arcade mode at least, I can't even open Forza 7 or Horizon 3 while offline.

Set the Xbox/PC you're using to be your home device, and you'll be able to play both offline in their entirety.

If you weren't playing on your home PlayStation, you wouldn't be able to open GTS offline either.

Gestault

Some of these are hard to read. Not because of any positive or negative outlook, but the assertions from people manifestly not tuned into the racing scene are just AAAAHHGHHHH.

Edit: Oh fuck, cows in the field? My chi is realigned.

Audioboxer

Tag Heuer comment lol.

I seen people laughing at that and had to look it up

Don't get me started on the inclusion of fashion label (and GT Sport sponsor) Tag Heuer next to car manufacturers in "Brand Central," the place you go to buy cars and explore the history behind them. Seeing a watchmaker get the same treatment as a car designer in a racing game isn't harmful, but it makes you question where its priorities lie.

That is a bit... petty?

Some of these are hard to read. Not because of any positive or negative outlook, but the assertions from people manifestly not tuned into the racing scene are just AAAAHHGHHHH.

This.

The game could handle, sound and look like real life but if there is a watch sponsorship......4 out of 10.

graybot

Hang on, is this really online only?

Is there no proper single player? That really is all I was interested in. Why cant they make a fun for all GT game anymore?

I will be shocked if this finished over 80 on metacritic

Top Bottom