• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Kingdom (PS4/Vita) (Not Vanillaware)

gembel

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/grand-kn...ounces-tactical-rpg-grand-kingdom-ps4-ps-vita

Famitsu this week reveals Grand Kingdom, a new tactical RPG for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita from Grand Knights History director Tomohiko Deguchi due out later this year in Japan.

Set in a royal fantasy world of swords and magic, players will wage battle by commanding their own mercenaries. Four major powers are competing for dominance, and the player can choose which country it would like its mercenary group to support.

The game supports online multiplayer (it’s actually listed as an “online RPG,” but also supports offline) against players belonging to any of the four major powers. There is also a system to expand your territory through repeated invasion and defense.

Our source notes that although the game is similar to Grand Knights History, there is no direct relation, story and system-wise.

Here’s the game’s staff:

Character Design – Chizu Hashii
Sound – Basiscape
Developer – MonoChro (Deguchi’s company)
Publisher – Spike Chunsoft

jzbluz

That part about being an online rpg reminds me of another game that I haven't heard about in awhile...oh, well, I probably wasn't that interested in it if I don't remember the name. Anyway, I always welcome more rpg games for my vita.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Still pissed I never got to play GKH.

I think it has an English fan translation patch? I actually have a boxed UMD of the Japanese version... I should check that out haha.

AniHawk

so it looks like we're finally transitioning out of ps3 territory. and vita exclusives. kinda thinking we'll see ps4/vita games out of japan for at least another 18 months and starting in 2017 vita games will be really rare overall.

also, is this the only thing spike chunsoft's been doing recently? i thought they had some other game they were making that wasn't attack on titan or danganronpa 3.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I wonder what they mean by tactical RPG. If it's like a turn-based SRPG, I'm all over it. The Vita is the perfect system for them.

Set in a royal fantasy world of swords and magic, players will wage battle by commanding their own mercenaries. Four major powers are competing for dominance, and the player can choose which country it would like its mercenary group to support.

I want everything in this synopsis.

When I saw this I lept into the air thinking this was a new Vanillaware. But this will do, this will do really nicely.
Vita means alive.

matmanx1

This looks cool and if it turns out good then it would be nice to get it over here in the West. I'm still bummed we missed out on Grand Knights History (I owned the import version and it was quite cool!) although we got Dragon's Crown so that helped ease the pain somewhat.

Shizuka

so it looks like we're finally transitioning out of ps3 territory. and vita exclusives. kinda thinking we'll see ps4/vita games out of japan for at least another 18 months and starting in 2017 vita games will be really rare overall.

also, is this the only thing spike chunsoft's been doing recently? i thought they had some other game they were making that wasn't attack on titan or danganronpa 3.

Spike Chunsoft has that indie remake and Shiren 5 Plus as well.

People are sleeping on this game (understandably lol)

I hope we hear a lot more but damn do I wish the original GKH was released when it was supposed to be

Hopefully this game is near as good and does well enough in Japan to get the attention of localizers like Xseed

Arzehn

People are sleeping on this game (understandably lol)

I hope we hear a lot more but damn do I wish the original GKH was released when it was supposed to be

Hopefully this game is near as good and does well enough in Japan to get the attention of localizers like Xseed

Think most people are waiting for a trailer or official screenshots. At first glance you don't really know what you're looking here. I'm sure GAF will be hyped once they show more. :3

Arzehn

title.png

http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/gk/

Full website opened in a few days.

Reveirg

Tactical RPG + Basiscape + PS4 = Instant buy

I feel like the Japanese mobile turn is "slowing" down a bit and we're getting a nice balance of console/mobile RPGs.

Hopefuy this gets picked up for localization! Atlus and XSeed have been on a roll lately, so I'm confident about this one.

Im really excited to see more of this!!!

We need to hype this up a bit more guys.... if it ends up being anywhere near as good as GKH of course

Top Bottom