• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Kingdom (PS4/Vita) (Not Vanillaware)

So this looks just like GKH, heh.
And because of dragons and similar stuff in trailer, I'm assuming there will be some singleplayer campaign as well.

Looks a bit different than GKH to me actually, not quite sure why.

Still looks awesome though. Very interested. It's full retail title, right?

Looks right in my alley. SpikeChunsoft really needs a western branch. Their unlocalized games are piling up.

Of there games that do get localized, is there a consistent publisher? I wonder if XSEED would be interested in doing it since they almost brought over Grand Knights History.

Akainu

Interesting, but man so much of the vanillaware charm is gone. Even something simple like just comparing the world maps it's like I don't know soul-less. But still interested.

I feel like we've been mostly on a roll with localized Japanese games, especially for Vita.

Even if fans haven't gotten Cyber Sleuth. Which seems weird to me. Never give up, you guys.

But I'm going to hope, since this is one of them I'm actually and really interested in, that this one makes it over.

I feel like we've been mostly on a roll with localized Japanese games, especially for Vita.

Even if fans haven't gotten Cyber Sleuth. Which seems weird to me. Never give up, you guys.

But I'm going to hope, since this is one of them I'm actually and really interested in, that this one makes it over.

At least once it releases in October we can get impressions on whether its actually anywhere near as good as GKH

I sincerely hope it is. There are quite a few enthusiast importers here on GAF that do excellent work

Sakujou

Banned
i want something like odin sphere.

i have played gkh and dragons crown but they havent been as good as odin sphere.

i loved how the framerate went down in odin sphere if too much shit was going on.
the characters, the dub (first time that the english dub was superior to japanese)
the story... was so overwhelming.

i want something like odin sphere.

i have played gkh and dragons crown but they havent been as good as odin sphere.

i loved how the framerate went down in odin sphere if too much shit was going on.
the characters, the dub (first time that the english dub was superior to japanese)
the story... was so overwhelming.

Since this game isn't by Vanillaware, I wouldn't expect it to be as similar to Odin Sphere as you would like. Have you played Vanillaware's Muramasa on the Wii or Vita?

I dunno if I'm feeling the art style, seems a bit...generic. The art and world in GKH was very lush and detailed compared to this.

It's still from the same director as GKH, so it should stand up well in terms of gameplay compared to it even if the visuals aren't as good.

ReaperXL7

I played the Japanese demo last night and it seems cool, a really interesting mix of turn based jpg combat and some real solid strategy elements. I was surprised when I found out friendly fire was a real thing in this makes planning much more important.

I got to the red chest piece and had to stop because I had no clue what to do since I couldn't read the text

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
game is quite interesting, only issue i would have with it at the moment is being unable to skip the special animations for the support attacks and such during combat as it ruins the tempo

If they could improve loading times too that would help the game a also.

But overall it does seem to be quite the complete package and well done from the demo. Real nice looking game and the actual mechanics do seem to have a fair amount of depth to them.

The demo itself seems to go through the preset party tutorial mission, introduction to the guild and making new characters (limited to fighter, mage, healer, archer), next a mission using the new party. Once that is completed the game allows the player to make a contracts with the 4 kingdoms and play the online mode.

Still not sure on all the things online related but seems to be a good way to make money and gain exp if you win battles. Am guessing that the game isnt head to head but more takes player data for specific conflict region and switches on the default or user specified AI pattern. Seems to be pretty fast paced also.

Top Bottom