• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

todahawk

it really is a shame people don't branch out more. I host coupe and compact races pretty often, there are some great coupes to race in (Sentinel anyone?), and the compact tracks are some of the most fun in the game, lots of tunnels and turns, Italian Job style. But no, everyone would rather do 1 lap criminal records or down the drain.

Anyone know of any racing crews that actually like a variety of racing? Maybe I should just fire up Gran Turismo 5 instead...

I stumbled into a compact race and almost backed out. stuck it out and had a lot of fun.
if you're on PS3 my id = todahawk

I don't always race but I like trying lots of new shit (got my ass handed to me on air race/impromptu air death match last night but came back for more).

I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I've got the dreaded SAVING FAILED message taunting me from the bottom left corner of the screen. Thats no good

No prob, glad to help.
Yeah, I haven't even tried going online after I read about the issues... I can't even bring up BAWSAQ on single player :(

Falt

I was getting the saving failed message quite a bit last night, but eventually a "SUCCESSFULLY SAVED" would pop up. All seems well.

0_0.jpg

Hit and run. I was pretty close to max speed when I clipped this random player. He came out of no where! Just running across the street. Look both ways before crossing folks. Pic taken just before the carwash. My Schafter came out looking brand new, not even a scratch.

Ok, now my progress today hasn't saved again. Don't even know if I should still play on in case it overwrites the missing progress. What a fucking mess. Really shocking how they can fuck us over repeatedly. I can ignore little bugs here and there but these game breakers, one after the other... Don't know how much longer I can tolerate it.

I stumbled into a compact race and almost backed out. stuck it out and had a lot of fun.
if you're on PS3 my id = todahawk

I don't always race but I like trying lots of new shit (got my ass handed to me on air race/impromptu air death match last night but came back for more).

Alas, playing this one on the 360, since that's where most of my friends bought it.

Acorn

Ok, now my progress today hasn't saved again. Don't even know if I should still play on in case it overwrites the missing progress. What a fucking mess. Really shocking how they can fuck us over repeatedly. I can ignore little bugs here and there but these game breakers, one after the other... Don't know how much longer I can tolerate it.
Don't worry you'll get another 500k with mission payouts being lowered again to offset it.

Thought I lost about 4 hours of progress from last night, but it seems like my stats are finally starting to update on the Social Club. They started to update about an hour or so ago and every few minutes I refresh the page, I see my stats are still going up little by little to where they should be.

My level is kind of wonky though right now. I'm sitting at level 34 with 246,125 / 234,500 of the RP for that level so I should be at 35. Hopefully my level will be correct whenever I log back in the game.

bumclot

I haven't had any cloud problems, but my game has hardlocked twice in an hour, resulting in losing one of my cars.
It's happened before, but not nearly as frequently as after the new patch.

Marbles

I haven't had any cloud problems, but my game has hardlocked twice in an hour, resulting in losing one of my cars.
It's happened before, but not nearly as frequently as after the new patch.

Had the same issue, 2 hard locks in the past hour or so. I lost about half a level of progress when i came back after the second freeze.
This is the first time I've had any crashes since launch. I guess they've done gone fucked up with the last patch.

DRE Fei

Ever since they nerfed the payouts, missions like base invaders aren't even worth the time anymore. You're better off doing the easy ones like out of court settlement.

Such a shitty launch and shitty patches.

Metalmarc

This is the first game i've ever cared about playing online from day 1,

i've mainly been a single player kinda guy, or lan play with friends in the past

So is this the worst online launch ever for a massivly anticipated game? How long did it take to smooth out?
Not counting sim city, im well aware of that

Acorn

I was around for the sim city fiasco. But atleast you can play single player on this, sim city was fucked for everything.

If you want an F620, there's a very reliable way. Find a race marker near a large parking lot (I tested this using the Pier 2 Pier race in the parking lot next to the pier, lvl 30+ for it to show up, but it worked every time).

Walk into race marker, host race, select Coupes, start the race on your own, scroll through the cars until you reach the F620, then just quit. No worries about becoming a bad sport if you're hosting and alone.

When you're sent back into free roam, there's your F620 in the parking lot. I imagine you can do this to spawn just about any car you'd like.

Edit: Yeah, it works for pretty much anything; this was after quitting a race with the Bullet selected:
0_0.jpg

Seems this works best when you host/quit the race during the time of day when parked cars spawn most frequently in the lot, so midday for the pier lot.

Dresden

If you want an F620, there's a very reliable way. Find a race marker near a large parking lot (I tested this using the Pier 2 Pier race in the parking lot next to the pier, lvl 30+ for it to show up, but it worked every time).

Walk into race marker, host race, select Coupes, start the race on your own, scroll through the cars until you reach the F620, then just quit. No worries about becoming a bad sport if you're hosting and alone.

When you're sent back into free roam, there's your F620 in the parking lot. I imagine you can do this to spawn just about any car you'd like.

Edit: Yeah, it works for pretty much anything; this was after quitting a race with the Bullet selected:
0_0.jpg

I guess rockstar will disable races next.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

0_0.jpg

That's sweet man, will save having to find certain damn cars when I want them.

Probably been said but that patch has screwed things up and your characters progress will not save. At least mine is not saving. I bought new tattoos and clothes and turned the online off and on to see if it would save and it wouldn't.

So uhh yeah. Time patch the patch the screwed the online again.

webkatt

My crew tag came out pretty awesome. It needs work on some of the background part and some of the weird vectoring on the face.

eOASO5v.png

Doesn't look that bad in-game

ut8TohIl.jpg

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
All of my progress since the patch has been fine for me, no issues what so ever ignoring the cloud servers being down, last night and this morning, no trouble. The not saving cloud error pop-up was in the game before the patch came out as I would see it and just sit around waiting for the "saving" pop-up to appear, I think the issues are simply on Rockstars end today.

Top Bottom