• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Linius

Thanks to changing my DNS I can finally enjoy GTA Online and take pictures :D

U4mc1mb.jpg

h9Ayenm.jpg

AReed

I played for an hour or so earlier today, pocketed 30k+ and was halfway from 32 to 33. Just logged in, both rank and money were back to what they were when I stopped playing last night. Had several "save successful" messages while playing today, so those are no promise of safety. Not a harsh loss but annoying nonetheless.

Strangely, but thankfully, it saved the new cars I garaged today.

What does your socialclub profile say?

I'm afraid to log in because I rose like 4 levels yesterday and boosted races. My socialprofile looks correct, but I have yet to actually log in the game.

What does your socialclub profile say?

I'm afraid to log in because I rose like 4 levels yesterday and boosted races. My socialprofile looks correct, but I have yet to actually log in the game.

Earlier it was showing the old stats from last night, but now my money looks correct again, though my level progress seems several thousand RP short. Can't log in to check money in-game just yet, but I'm hoping it's back. I don't care so much about the RP loss.

When (if) they ever iron out all these issues and this becomes seamless and well-balanced, I could see myself playing this for a long time... especially when the race editor arrives.

KAP151

If it means taking the whole game offline for a few days, then do so.

But Rockstar, fix these problems once and for all. It is a total crap shoot logging in. Not knowing if your progress has saved or even if your character will be there.

Simply not good enough.

SonnyBoy

I've done two missions so far and I'm only receiving half the money of the other participants. It's my first time doing the mission.

Any kind souls willing to jump on and help me and a friend do Landing Gear, you need 4 people to start the job and we only have 2 of us.

Im on Xbox! We will carry on doing jobs for the next few hours.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Log back on and I'm back to level 30

Did I just waste an entire day getting to 37 for nothing?

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Two of my brothers and I logged in to play on XBL. One brother just got the game, so my younger brother and I started new characters so we'd all be at the same level. We played for probably 3 hours, progressing to ranks 6, 7, and 8. I earned at least $30,000 during that time.

None of that progress, and none of that money, was saved. Our entire evening was wasted. This was unacceptable during the first week after release, but now? After several patches that were supposed to address the issue? Perhaps the worst of it is that there was never an indication of a failure to save or that the cloud servers were down. So we had no idea that anything was wrong until after we had quit and then tried to log in again.

Chris R

Quick question, how many Lamar missions do I need to do before the thing opens up fully? Just jumped in and did a little messing around, seems fun. Also the HUGE map is so nice, can I make it stay up 100% of the time somehow (or get it in the single player game!!!)

duckroll

Depends on what you mean by "opens up fully" because the entire game is designed as a MMO style treadmill. As you rank up you will unlock more activities, more weapons, more car upgrades, etc. I think it's around rank 25 or so before you unlock "all" the standard content which is available from the start in SP (all the game modes, the various random stuff which can happen in the game world, etc).

Sucks soo many are still having problems. I lost one character and im kinda glad my new one looks better.

I applied for gaf the 3rd and heard nothing back.

I haven't played a multiplayer game this fun in a LONG time. My friend and I were robbing armored trucks using a helicopter, such a good time. I finished robbing a store and a guy come in and kills me and takes off on his dirt bike. I chased him down in some stupid station wagon, my friend put a $9,000 bounty on him he also had 3 stars. He ended up getting killed by police and I was there waiting with a shotgun for him to respawn, after I killed him he spawned in behind me I got him once more for good measure then took off. I think he learned a lesson.

Ardenyal

Quick question, how many Lamar missions do I need to do before the thing opens up fully? Just jumped in and did a little messing around, seems fun. Also the HUGE map is so nice, can I make it stay up 100% of the time somehow (or get it in the single player game!!!)

You mean the map you get when you press down on dpad twice?

You can get that to show up all the time by going to the pause menu > online > options > expanded radar.

Chris R

Depends on what you mean by "opens up fully" because the entire game is designed as a MMO style treadmill. As you rank up you will unlock more activities, more weapons, more car upgrades, etc. I think it's around rank 25 or so before you unlock "all" the standard content which is available from the start in SP (all the game modes, the various random stuff which can happen in the game world, etc).

Ok, good to hear. Doesn't seem like it is too bad so far (got to level 3 in 10 minutes or whatever).

You mean the map you get when you press down on dpad twice?

You can get that to show up all the time by going to the pause menu > online > options > expanded radar.

Doing this right away when I start up next time. Thanks! They need to get this working in the Single Player too, or at least allow it to zoom out some from the standard zoom.

Pyronite

I can't believe this online game is 1 million views deep.

(1 million + 1 with my post.)

The most interesting part of playing GTA Online is its lack of competitors. What it does is nothing revolutionary, but it's sad how few games try to compete in this market. I get to play with multiple friends in a fairly open environment. (Does that make it revolutionary? I don't know, but it still feels half-baked.)

Regardless, it's the same run around we've had in GTA since Vice City. I don't see how this game is a 97 on Metacritic, and it frustrates me how much respect it gets. It's as conservative as Call of Duty but gets treated as something special.

Spasm

So Legendary Motorsport keeps delivering free Elegys. I ordered three, one right after the other, now I've got 4 in my garage. I thought I could sell them, but nope. How would one go about getting rid of them, without insurance kicking in?

GQman2121

Banned
So Legendary Motorsport keeps delivering free Elegys. I ordered three, one right after the other, now I've got 4 in my garage. I thought I could sell them, but nope. How would one go about getting rid of them, without insurance kicking in?

When you bring your 11th vehicle to the garage you'll be asked which car to replace.

I can't believe this online game is 1 million views deep.

(1 million + 1 with my post.)

The most interesting part of playing GTA Online is its lack of competitors. What it does is nothing revolutionary, but it's sad how few games try to compete in this market. I get to play with multiple friends in a fairly open environment. (Does that make it revolutionary? I don't know, but it still feels half-baked.)

Regardless, it's the same run around we've had in GTA since Vice City. I don't see how this game is a 97 on Metacritic, and it frustrates me how much respect it gets. It's as conservative as Call of Duty but gets treated as something special.

I dunno I think there's something "magical" (for lack of better word) about seeing a player controlled jet whizz by overhead and seeing that player eject and fall slowly to the ground before a player controlled helicopter machineguns him down. Or even seeing cops chasing another player through an intersection. I've wanted this kind of gta multiplayer since vice city when my friends and I would do laps around the city robbing stores, or the one bank and killing cops until we died and had to pass the controller on.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Docks to Stock II is a really fun mission. Only got 10k for some reason even though it was my first time. :/ I think it might be because we failed the mission the first time, though the host doesn't seem to be affected. Rockstar should fix this.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So uh

I can buy the AP pistol which unlocks at level 33 but the game says I'm level 31

I bought one before when I hit level 35

I can also buy mods to weapons you unlock when you level to 33

what the hell

my money is the same level I was at 37 and my crew rank is where it was before I shut down earlier

I'm confused.

edit: FUUUUUUUUUU I spent an hour grinding, log off, and i'm back to where I was when I went online an hour ago >_>

So uh

I can buy the AP pistol which unlocks at level 33 but the game says I'm level 31

what the hell

my money is the same level I was at 37 and my crew rank is where it was before I shut down earlier

I'm confused.

edit: FUUUUUUUUUU I spent an hour grinding, log off, and i'm back to where I was when I went online an hour ago >_>

At least you still have your character. I can't even see mine on the social club site. 30 levels down the drain :(

AReed

So uh

what the hell

I'm confused.

Maybe you should like, I don't know, STOP PLAYING. lol

Ploid 3.0

I dunno I think there's something "magical" (for lack of better word) about seeing a player controlled jet whizz by overhead and seeing that player eject and fall slowly to the ground before a player controlled helicopter machineguns him down. Or even seeing cops chasing another player through an intersection. I've wanted this kind of gta multiplayer since vice city when my friends and I would do laps around the city robbing stores, or the one bank and killing cops until we died and had to pass the controller on.

Personally I liked the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer mod a lot more. The world was huge, and nothing was locked you just had to go get it like a sort of Untreal Tournament pick up item game. Jets were located in different places, trying to get one will be contested so expect a fight. People will try to grief but you won't lose anything drastic for dying, people gained little for doing so so you found more people willing to let you be or join in the fun. They will want your air craft though, don't fly too low since they can grapple you and steal it mid air.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39617992&postcount=490

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bpvEKhKovQA#t=432 < Look at this glorious chaos, and you can't do anything but smile as you die in a brilliant rain of bullets and explosions. 100+ people on a map. The fun this guy is having is just oozing all through that video. In GTA O we are on solo servers to protect our investments. Too much fun and you get kicked to bad sport...

Top Bottom