• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

jakncoke

Banned
Is there going to be stuff added to unlock at lv 120. Im shooting for lv 120 for the mini gun. Currently at lv 63. I dont know how much im going to play once i hit that though. Like what reasons going to keep bringing me back? Like in the future will lvs 150 be something for yuo to shoot for to unlock..ect

They really need to include more coincidental instances in free roam and they need to raise the incentives to participate in them. People rarely go for crate drops or Simeon's requested cars because it's not worth the time to make the trek for such little value.

The last crate drop I got was 1500RP and a grenade...wtf? The only thing people really go for is the armored trucks. Those always seem to result in fun times with everybody chasing after them and killing each other to get them.

And heists can't come soon enough.

Is there going to be stuff added to unlock at lv 120. Im shooting for lv 120 for the mini gun. Currently at lv 63. I dont know how much im going to play once i hit that though. Like what reasons going to keep bringing me back? Like in the future will lvs 150 be something for yuo to shoot for to unlock..ect

if you aren't having fun playing the game now then why are you even bothering to shoot for unlocks lol?

Ted

The BF Buggy is a very fast off-roader with great handling. Wondering if it's official stats are posted anywhere? I want to compare it to the Injection.

Stock BF Injection:
Inj.jpg

Stock BF Bifta:
Bif.jpg

Stats from:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/vehicles/gtaonline/off-road/

Sent an image to the OP for one of those card things but think I should change it for this one:

0_0.jpg

They really need to include more coincidental instances in free roam and they need to raise the incentives to participate in them. People rarely go for crate drops or Simeon's requested cars because it's not worth the time to make the trek for such little value.

The last crate drop I got was 1500RP and a grenade...wtf? The only thing people really go for is the armored trucks. Those always seem to result in fun times with everybody chasing after them and killing each other to get them.

And heists can't come soon enough.

the crate drops have random contents but u can get molotovs from them. It's worth mentioning too that you keep the weapons in them, if you meet the level requirement. I didn't even pay for the sniper rifle, assault shotgun, or combat mg. thats about what, 60k? I put that money into mods..but hey if u glitch LSC (not saying you do) it wouldn't matter what's inside those crates.

jakncoke

Banned
if you aren't having fun playing the game now then why are you even bothering to shoot for unlocks lol?

I am having fun now, Im saying once I hit lv 120 I dont what I'll do because there will be little incentive to push forward because nothing to unlock afterwards.

ic. i don't play to push. i play to have fun doing jobs with friends, winning races against randoms, and of course assassinating everyone who crosses my path in freeroam. unlocking the newest gun or upgrade is just a nice bonus

can you upgrade that bf bifta car? it'd be pretty boss if you can. the injection can definitely be upgraded so i'm wondering if you can do the same to the bifta.

Ted

can you upgrade that bf bifta car? it'd be pretty boss if you can. the injection can definitely be upgraded so i'm wondering if you can do the same to the bifta.

As mentioned above, yes it can be upgraded. Beyond mechancal upgrades there are some roof options, some exhaust options, custom skirts and a spoiler. I forgot to check if you could change wheels.

I like my rusty/rat style Injection but I am leaning towards a Bifta if only for the name.

On a unrelated note, the new race payouts suck. 1st in a full room over two laps of one of the new offroad races..... payout, less than 6k! Only the top 5 or 6 received over 1k. Madness!

I lost two [upgraded] cars from my garage recently (no idea why) and now it's going to take an age to replace them.

The upside though is that people are more willing to do missions though I now keep getting random people joining who don't want to co-operate or just want to complete the mission as quickly as possible (not always the most fun way).

actual_1384792982.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51849/vespucci-beach-party-gta-online-social-club-event-weekend.html

This weekend, Friday November 22nd through Sunday November 24th, hit the beaches of Vespucci, Chumash and Paleto Bay for the very first Grand Theft Auto Online Social Club Event Weekend.

All weekend long, plunge into a special Social Club Event Playlist of brand new Jobs from the freshly landed Beach Bum Pack, a hand-picked selection of ten of our favorite new Jobs. Drop some sea shells, go for a fuel-injected run on the beach, and take in some of the most spectacular stretches of coastline in the Los Santos Bay area in modes including Sea Race, Parachute, Team Deathmatch and more. The best performers in the Social Club Event Playlist on each platform will score themselves a special vanity license plate reward for bragging rights and to commemorate their achievement.

In Free Roam, look out for an influx of special Event Crate Drops dropping frequently all weekend containing more than double the usual amount of RP plus high-powered weapons, bonus cash and clothing. They'll be unlocked for every player to help you pack more than just sunscreen on the blazing sands.

This inaugural GTA Online Social Club Event also features exclusive sweepstakes giveaways of beach-ready GTAV collectibles, a very special live stream broadcast on Friday and more. We'll be on the lookout for your sun-kissed Snapmatic pics all weekend so be sure to tag them #VespucciBeachParty so that we can find them easily and we might feature them next week here at the Newswire.

Here’s a full rundown of all the action to expect:

Special Event Playlist

Available this weekend only is a special Social Club Event Playlist of new Jobs curated to test your mastery of land, air and sea:

View of Vespucci (Parachute)

Show some Vespucci beach bums the true meaning of 'spaced out' with this steep parachute descent from 2980ft. See how many checkpoints you can hit before opening your 'chute.

Up the Creek (Bike Race)

Dirt bike point to point going along Cassidy Creek and ending at the Alamo Sea. Shred from gravel and pavement to the beachfront and try to trump the rest for fame and fortune.

Water Rings (Sea Race)

A challenging and scenic boat race weaving around the islands North of Paleto Bay. Tip: Look out for a ramp to help you get one over on your competitors.

Vespucci Beachfront (Team Deathmatch)

Stop the gentrification of Vespucci Beach dead in its tracks with this Team Deathmatch around and on top of the businesses along the beachfront.

Grass Route II (Race)

In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.

Sundae Driving (Bike Race)

Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.

Procopio Beach (Team Deathmatch)

Home to an infamous truck stop, Procopio Beach has long been known as a place where people come to blow off steam, and this Team Deathmatch along the shoreline at the foot of Mt. Gordo is no exception.

Gone Coastal (Sea Race)

Hug the coastline, pull off some breakneck turns and leap over treacherous rocks and islets in this rough race that starts in the LS River and takes you through the Palomino Highlands on the East Coast.

Turn the Tide (Race)

In this off road Race along the coast, up to sixteen speed demons leg it out across Procopio Beach and the North coast down through Paleto State Beach to Paleto Cove.

The Cove (Parachute)

Enjoy the stunning vistas as you rapidly descend towards Paleto Cove by Mount Chiliad... but not so much that you forget to open your chute. Prepare for a long free fall from 7500ft, weaving and diving between checkpoints and the drop zone.

Three Ways to Join

Look out for the button prompt in the initial GTAV loading screen (visible to Social Club members only)
Follow instructions on the loading screen when transitioning into GTA Online from Story Mode (also only visible to Social Club members)
Select Online > Playlists > Rockstar Playlists > Vespucci Beach Party on the GTA Online Start Menu

In-Game Vanity License Plate Awards

We’ve reserved 20 special and unique vanity license plates to award top performers in the Event Playlist Leaderboard for each Job across both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. By the end of day Monday November 25th, we’ll award the following plates to the 20 people who achieve the below (plates will be added to your collection in your iFruit app).

VESPUCCI (360), AMPED UP (PS3)
View of Vespucci - player with the max score who made the quickest descent
SURFS UP (360), UP CREEK (PS3)
Up the Creek – player with the best overall time
SEAMAN (360), POINTBRK (PS3)
Water Rings – player with the best single lap time
HANGFIVE (360), HANGTEN (PS3)
Vespucci Beachfront – player with the most kills
SUP BRO (360), SUP BRA (PS3)
Grass Route II – player with the best overall time
SUNDAED (360), CRUISING (PS3)
Sundae Driving – player with the best single lap time
WIPEOUT (360), SURFSUP (PS3)
Procopio Beach – player with the best KDR
BIGSURF (360),GOCOASTL (PS3)
Gone Coastal – player with the best overall time
SURFINLS (360), TURNTIDE (PS3)
Turn the Tide – player with the best overall time
THECOVE (360), LSSURFER (PS3)
The Cove – player with the max score who made the quickest descent

Note that in the case of two players getting precisely the same stat, we will decide on a tie-breaker stat at our discretion.

Sweepstakes Grand Prize: GTAV Logo Beach Towel and Los Santos Lifeguard Tee

Five lucky Social Club member will score a Grand Prize of surf-ready Grand Theft Auto V gear including the rare GTAV Logo Beach Towel and Los Santos Lifeguard Tee as seen below.
Ten Social Club members will also score Grand Theft Auto V Prize Packs consisting of official GTAV tees, stickers and more. Enter to win all weekend from Friday November 22nd through Sunday November 24th at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events. See Official Rules.

I'll be working on the gaf member cards tonight and sending out PM's and invites. Been a busy week. Hopefully we can get some games on this weekend with this event.

Striker

The clan I'm in only has two people. Would like to join GAF's if there's room. 360 version here.

GT: Striker029

So lets say I get bad sport. The 2 days it says I have to wait, I know they are real time, but do I have to play those two days out?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So lets say I get bad sport. The 2 days it says I have to wait, I know they are real time, but do I have to play those two days out?

Na, it's just 2 days on the server clock so you can stop playing and come back to it.

btw when I came back I still had a dunce cap on even though it was putting me in normal rooms. It went away when I put my bike helmet on but it threw me a little because I thought I was still in the dunce room.

Bread

Banned
soooo i just turned this on for the first time in 2 weeks and i don't have my 500k, what is this bullshit?

soooo i just turned this on for the first time in 2 weeks and i don't have my 500k, what is this bullshit?
When did you start playing? From what I understand if you didn't play within a certain timeframe of GTA:O launching, you won't get it. I have about 4 irl friends who just got this not long ago, and getting into online, they were seeing the messages for the 500k, but they wont be getting it.

Bread

Banned
When did you start playing? From what I understand if you didn't play within a certain timeframe of GTA:O launching, you won't get it. I have about 4 irl friends who just got this not long ago, and getting into online, they were seeing the messages for the 500k, but they wont be getting it.
i played for at least 3 weeks in october.

Imm0rt4l

Played the new survival and completed it, then I couldn't find anything fun to do. I wonder if there are any big active crews out there.

i played for at least 3 weeks in october.
Snapdragons. Call up R*. From what I have read, other people have called them for some pretty insane reasons, and were able to get things done. So something as simple as checking to see if you got the 500k shouldn't be too difficult.

Thank the lord, kiflom. I got the shirt. Stupid fucking crate drops. The green circle should disappear after someone collects the crate.

Tunavi

Banned
73 posts in 4 days? are people not playing this anymore?
I sold the game.

Framerate finally got to me, sluggish character movement, bad driving physics, no wreck damage for default cars, online is just full of Point A to point B missions (when it even works), loading takes most of my time during the game, photos NEVER worked, and the soundtrack is terrible.

Tawpgun

I sold the game.

Framerate finally got to me, sluggish character movement, bad driving physics, no wreck damage for default cars, online is just full of Point A to point B missions (when it even works), loading takes most of my time during the game, photos NEVER worked, and the soundtrack is terrible.

boooo

I sold the game.

notsureifserious

I haven't had any issues with one of the things you mentioned.

You can make your character faster by changing their specs
Driving is fine for an open world game. Actually better than fine.
Online has plenty of survival and kill this person missions
Loading is slow once. When you first boot the game up.
Photos have never not worked for me
Soundtrack has beep beep beep beep beep song. What else do you want.

Imm0rt4l

How active is the crew on psn right now? This game has reached a point that it's unplayable for me unless it's with friends. Maybe I should join one of those really large crews as well?

How active is the crew on psn right now? This game has reached a point that it's unplayable for me unless it's with friends. Maybe I should join one of those really large crews as well?
I try to play everyday, but its rough to play a ton, with work, social life, and more. I'm in EST. Depending on the day, in on early or late evening.

TheMan

I sold the game.

i sold it as well...single player was lots of fun but after I finished it i didn't feel compelled to finish any of the sidequests. Online was completely borked every time i tried it, with horrendous pop-in. In the end I cut my losses and sold it quickly to take advantage of a gamestop trade-in promotion. Got Arkham city and far cry 3, and I don't feel like I made a bad decision.

The Light

My crew dead too. I think im the only one active now.
Also whats with these crate drops? I go to the area that its supposed to be at, but I don't see anything in the green area.

jakncoke

Banned
Just reached 45 earlier today and I didn't even do any mission. Just wondered around in free roam trolling bounties and robbing stores.
Im at 66 by mostly racing and doing some missions with my cousin

Also whats with these crate drops? I go to the area that its supposed to be at, but I don't see anything in the green area.

I joined my cousins crew a month later than them and I just to 4th in their standings so fast, only 4 of 9 are still active online.

I wonder how long GTA Online lasting appeal is. Seems like a lot people are finished with it

that's what happens when some idiot rushes to the drop zone and is all "AH YISS! CRATE DROP ALL ON FACE!" before the crate drops..to avoid this wait outside the circle til you see "crate has been dropped" and the riddler box icon appears. Just change lobbies if u see that, and spread the word too.

that's what happens when some idiot rushes to the drop zone and is all "AH YISS! CRATE DROP ALL ON FACE!" before the crate drops..to avoid this wait outside the circle til you see "crate has been dropped" and the riddler box icon appears. Just change lobbies if u see that, and spread the word too.
Lol. And Fo realios. The other day Felix, myself and a friend tried rolling up to where a crate was dropping in 3 Dumps, the giant yellow construction dump trucks. There was already quite the skirmish going on, so we figured 3 dumps could liven up the party. Long story short, we all got Tank'ed right before we got there.

Tawpgun

Pro tip: Steal a bulldozer, position so the digger blocks you from enemy fire. They can't shoot you, but you can shoot them.

Flandy

i sold it as well...single player was lots of fun but after I finished it i didn't feel compelled to finish any of the sidequests. Online was completely borked every time i tried it, with horrendous pop-in. In the end I cut my losses and sold it quickly to take advantage of a gamestop trade-in promotion. Got Arkham city and far cry 3, and I don't feel like I made a bad decision.

If you got FC3 on PS3 I have some bad news for you. It has one of the worst frame rates I have ever experienced on a PS3 game. I mean it's still "playable" but how the frame rate is constantly going up and down is disgusting.

Top Bottom