• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasae

Banned
Extra features and more optimization time with the PC version?

That's what I would think.
They couldn't have done that in five years? And I mean, GTA IV was a sloppy POS when it was released on PC. A year of patches made it playable. When GTA V comes out it really does have a lot to answer for.

My real answer is exclusive moneyhatting, as there is no other reasonable explanation for a lack of PC port at this moment in time. It'll happen though, I'm not too miffed.

Chipotle

I had a dream the other night involving this game and the Breaking Bad finale. They decided to merge the two so that the final mission in the game was the final action scene in Breaking Bad. I'm clearly overexcited and my brain has gone into child mode

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
ibzIvMuEdPFGD2.gif

I'm ready.

Hip Hop

jambo

So keen for this.

I'm going to the midnight launch in Australia, so I'll have it 9.5 hours before the UK and 16 or so hours before the US.

I booked the day off as well so I should be able to get something like 15 hours of play in!

First thing I'll be doing is whatever opening missions there are and then jacking a car to drive around the coast and highway, visiting all of the towns.

UrbanRats

Yeah I'm trying to avoid it too. I'll never understand why people do this to themselves when we're only a week away.

I'm gonna avoid any leak, but i've taken a casual look at the map which is almost 1:1 with the GTAForums mock up, anyway.
So not reaaally a spoiler.

I know some want to be surprised, but I’ve always thought that people referring to a GTA map as a spoiler is kinda odd...

Yep. And i bet almost everyone in this thread saw that initial mockup made by fans. It's not too disimilar. The first thing you do before even playing the game is open the case and look at the map so it makes little difference..

Ourobolus

Banned
Good god this looks so much more impressive than GTAIV. I will probably get it, even though I get the feeling I'll get bored with doing the same goddamn chase mission over and over again. As long as the stupid cellphone annoyances in GTAIV are gone, I think I may be able to continue though.

Tankshell

I can't believe in less than seven days all the waiting will be over. If only I wasn't starting a brand new job next week! Bad timing really, still, I will have plenty of time in the evenings to play!

Darklord

Banned
Some folk just don't want to see it till they open the box.

Then they shouldn't be in the OT. There really needs to be a limit on what is considered a spoiler. Some people go too overboard. If someone is THAT much of a purist why on Earth are they in this thread? Not wanting to make it a big issue but I see that every big release and it's so silly.

So, there's a screenie of a commercial airliner. I suppose chances are slim to none we'll get to fly it, right?

I'd say it's very likely we'll get to fly it. There was a flyable one in San Andreas, this is much bigger than San Andreas, it's full of planes; it wouldn't make sense to make one of them not flyable and we've seen a shot of one of the characters in the pilot seat I think.

Dragoshi1

Can someone overlay San Andreas's map and RDR's map over the leaked map, also with the GTA IV map in there, like the linked pic above?

Red Dead felt huge to me. So did San Andreas. So I'm hyped as hell to roam all that.

scarlet

Good god this looks so much more impressive than GTAIV. I will probably get it, even though I get the feeling I'll get bored with doing the same goddamn chase mission over and over again. As long as the stupid cellphone annoyances in GTAIV are gone, I think I may be able to continue though.

It's an open world problems

The missions on RDR almost bored me to death

At least GTA V have tennis, so i can spend my time playing it

I can't believe in less than seven days all the waiting will be over. If only I wasn't starting a brand new job next week! Bad timing really, still, I will have plenty of time in the evenings to play!

I tried to book the day off work. Sadly my wife is the supervisor, she just gave me that "Fuck you" look.

glaurung

Some folk just don't want to see it till they open the box.
I don't get the spoilerific nature of the map. Two minutes into the game you are going to press the Start button and see the map. Where's the problem.

Also, fuck this world, I just pre-ordered the digital version on PSN.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Then they shouldn't be in the OT. There really needs to be a limit on what is considered a spoiler. Some people go too overboard. If someone is THAT much of a purist why on Earth are they in this thread? Not wanting to make it a big issue but I see that every big release and it's so silly.

I guess they want to chat with other people about their hopes for the game; share the hype; that sort of stuff. All you have to do is link to it, then it is down to each person as to whether they click on it, rather than it just suddenly appearing in front of them without any warning. Best of both worlds, eh?

I don't get the spoilerific nature of the map. Two minutes into the game you are going to press the Start button and see the map. Where's the problem.

Me neither, but I respect the fact that other people feel differently. If it is linked to, then everyone can be happy.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Also, fuck this world, I just pre-ordered the digital version on PSN.

They don't want to see it until they have the game?

Marleyman

Banned
This means people will start spoilering the whole story, this week.
Since, if it's like GTAIV's, there's a detailer description of all the missions in it.

Having a strategy guide for this game; I would never do that. I know the first song I want to hear..I would like to driving as Michael, it is at night and Rhythm of the Night by Corona comes on; instant 90's feels coupled with the amazing LA night sky.

Sonix90

Neo Member
North Yankton (the "snow" area we saw on a postcard)
is nowhere to be found on the map. I don't know if it's a seprate area like LC in San Andreas, the leaked map is not full and some areas (islands?) have been cropped out, or the thing on GTA V site was just a reference to a non-existent location.

Derrick01

Banned
I know some want to be surprised, but I’ve always thought that people referring to a GTA map as a spoiler is kinda odd...

Map will tell me roughly how big the area is and various locations which makes me start piecing stuff together with educated guesses based on everything that's been revealed so far. I can't stop my mind once it starts going.

LkPr

I'm getting depressed that I won't be able to experience this until PS4 ... PLEASE give me a release date!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom