• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
Welp so much for that.

It's probably my fault for still being here when stuff is leaking at a steady rate now.

tumblr_mqrt3pXRyA1ryibnio1_400.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So are the GTA V OT(s) going to beat the Steam threads? They're already on 2013 thread 5.

They are barbarians that don't wait until 1 week out to post their OT's. We'll get there because we'll have more stuff to talk about come Sept 17. Like the game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Based on it being sold out on Amazon, the Special Edition is worth it I gather? I saw the OP and really all I would use would be the in-game stuff; don't have much use for trinkets. Trying to decide whether tho get it from Gamestop or just get the normal edition

gosox333

Pretty sure I just hit some big endgame spoilers on 4chan. Like, one of the ones from the audio leak a couple weeks back. I'm surprised it took this long to happen, actually.

I can only imagine it'll get infinitely worse once people start actually getting the game, goodbye /v/.

Skerj

Oh man, finally there's a punk station. And its like all the old Kroq 80's punk bands. OH MY GOD. ALLL OVER MY FAAACE. YES. YESSSSSSSSSS.

Pretty much going to be listening to that, the FlyLo station, the Bootsy Collins station, and the motherfucking Kenny Loggins station. KENNY LOGGINS HAS A STATION!!

I wouldn't invest any stock in the severs being functional during launch day. Better to be safe than sorry and go with the disc IMO.

Hmm I think I might risk it for the 75% off Rockstar stuff that I already have that I might go buy again anyway since it's on sale.

rouken

okay, there should be no spoilers of any kind whatsover. that should be for a new thread if some people are itching to share but this thread should be a safe haven for us folks who dont want to be spoiled by the leaks

Derrick01

Banned

I wish I had one of those. When something gets spoiled in a game I'm really looking forward to I find it's almost impossible to forget it, even if it's months away. It's like the more I tell myself to forget it the more I think about it lol. When it's a game I don't care about, or at least the story in that game, then I forget it within a day.

So how involved are the bank heists? Is it just walk in, point your guns at everyone, walk out with the cash and then get chased by the cops? Or is there more to it than that?

I know they said you could go in disguised for a quiet robbery or with guns blazing but are those the only choices you have? Can I plan different escape routes too (like escape off the roof via chopper)? Will there ever be standoffs with the police outside that result in a hostage situation?

molnizzle

you kidding right? It was rockstar sale last week :p

If it's not at least 50% off then it's not a sale. 33% off a three year old game is bogus! I'm trying to break even on buying digital/selling physical. It's worked out well for nearly my entire library so far. You just have to wait for the right sales.

EDIT: I remember now that the XBL sale you speak of was for 50% off (I had the 33% confused with the current Skyrim "sale"). I didn't jump on the R* sale last week because I already have endgame saves for RDR and L.A. Noire on PS3 and at some point I'd like to go back and platinum one or both of them.

Well, if you pre-order the digital version on PSN you get 75% off other Rockstar titles. Provided you have a PS3, there you go.

Oh shit! Now we're talking. When you say title(s), does that mean I can get 75% off multiple games? I also need to upgrade L.A. Noire and GTA IV. I'm worried about the PS3 version of GTA V being inferior though, I remember feeling really burned about RDR being sub-HD with no AA on PS3 while 360 got native 720p, 2x MSAA and a much better framerate. I didn't think that R* would pull that shit again after GTA IV.

PS3 or 360 worry is absolutely ridiculous. They'll be pretty much identical, the inevitable analysis will be a dead even heat. It comes down to online, and where your friends are at.

What evidence do we have that this will be the case? Rockstar games have historically been much better on 360 than PS3, running at higher resolutions with better framerates and AA. The only exception was L.A. Noire -- which wasn't actually developed by Rockstar and originally began as a Sony-funded PS3 exclusive.

Fool me once (GTA IV), shame on me. Fool me twice (RDR), shame on me again... but fool me 3 times?

I dunno...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What evidence do we have that this will be the case? Rockstar games have historically been much better on 360 than PS3, running at higher resolutions with better framerates and AA. The only exception was L.A. Noire -- which wasn't actually developed by Rockstar and originally began as a Sony-funded PS3 exclusive.

Fool me once (GTA IV), shame on me. Fool me twice (RDR), shame on me again... but fool me 3 times?

I dunno...

Max Payne 3 was pretty good by all accounts.

ironcreed

Banned
Oh shit! Now we're talking. When you say title(s), does that mean I can get 75% off multiple games? I also need to upgrade L.A. Noire and GTA IV. I'm worried about the PS3 version being inferior though, I remember feeling burned about RDR being sub-HD with no AA on PS3 while 360 got native 720p, 2x MSAA and a much better framerate.

Yes, the deal extends to all digital Rockstar titles on the Playstation store, whether you buy 1 or all of them.

*Just for the record, I have RDR on the PS3 and it's great.

Alienous

I wish I had one of those. When something gets spoiled in a game I'm really looking forward to I find it's almost impossible to forget it, even if it's months away. It's like the more I tell myself to forget it the more I think about it lol. When it's a game I don't care about, or at least the story in that game, then I forget it within a day.

I would play The Last of Us so many times.

molnizzle

Yes, the deal extends to all digital Rockstar titles on the Playstation store, whether you buy 1 or all of them.

*Just for the record, I have RDR on the PS3 and it's great.

I do too, and it's fine, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that the 360 version is measurably better. About 20% better, in terms of resolution. AA and frame-rate notwithstanding.

Still, 75% off the cost of updating the rest of my Rockstar library is probably going to seal the deal for PS3. Damn you Rockstar.

The Flash

Banned
I see no one liked my idea for the OT, "Grand Theft Auto V | OT | Bringing the Dick Out Again". Oh well. Just pre-ordered the game yesterday from the Microsoft Store. Looking forward to the game and the $20 XBL code.

I respect that everyone's different, but is the map really that huge a spoiler for some of you?

I was a bit cautious at first, but then I realised that I'm likely to see it before the game has even installed or within 5 minutes of actual gameplay :p

Anyway, I'm in a dilemma as to how to obtain this.

I normally preorder titles on the hope that I can get them a day early, but obviously this'll probably be locked down until the day of actual release.

I'm also debating popping down to my local supermarket and grabbing it in the morning, or opting for the digital copy on PSN.

Decisions :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom