• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laranja

This is the worst possible time for me to have a dead PS3 on my hands. I just can't help but visit these threads and get hyped.

Here's hoping Sony will cut the price of the PS3 by the time the PS4 launches, so I can get a new one and play this game!

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
SA was only a little bit bigger than GTA4, not 3-4 times bigger, as that picture implies.

Was it really only that much bigger? I always thought SA was a lot larger. But maybe that's because they used the landscape in a more varied way. Imagine what it's going to feel like in V!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wow, just checked the GTA reddit and the game, PS3 bundle, and guide are out in the wild. Leaks soon pls

image.php

Why is Los Santos on an Island...

I wondered if they explored that. With modern tech, I think they could have made an ocean on one side/most sides/ with an endless desert on the other that basically acts the same as an ocean.. Turning you back when you go to far. The issue is, obviously, planes and vehicles allow you to access areas that you couldn't in a game like RDR.

But, I think with an endless desert of repeating patterns (that eventually turns you around if you go too far) they'd be able to achieve somethign similar to endless ocean of repeating patterns.

dreamfall

This is the worst possible time for me to have a dead PS3 on my hands. I just can't help but visit these threads and get hyped.

Here's hoping Sony will cut the price of the PS3 by the time the PS4 launches, so I can get a new one and play this game!

I hear you- completely. My White OG 360 died last week, and luckily my brother knew how important this was and pitched in for a Slim.

Dead consoles right before a game that you've wanted to play for years is always problematic. And the question of buying a new one, with next gen right around the corner complicates the issue.

But for GTA V, you must get a new one!

I will be avoiding leaks. I've got a big wedding this weekend for a friend that I've been kinda not looking forward to, but at least it means I'll avoid almost all of the leak stuff over the weekend.

These are fake yea?

Yes.

Very, very poorly done too, hahaha. It's using an early version of a fan map that used the GTA:SA downtown.

But, even so -- you should not post leak images in the thread, post links to them, but not the actual embedded images. People are sensitive about having any details leaked to them ahead of the game. It's better to post a link with a "possible spoiler" warning.

dreamfall

I will be avoiding leaks. I've got a big wedding this weekend for a friend that I've been kinda not looking forward to, but at least it means I'll avoid almost all of the leak stuff over the weekend.

tumblr_mqph5esSwS1sreq5lo1_500.gif

You and me both! The wedding will help pass the time!

Leaks, no matter how tempting, will not be looked at.

There's nothing like installing the game, watching the opening cutscene and walking about for the first time with no idea what you're about to experience.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I was strongly considering dusting off my PS3 for this game... but I really want to enjoy it brand new on my PC. I'll wait. However long it takes....

He went and got himself banned again :(

The mods should unban him until the release of GTAV, then his ban can start again.

Me too. I have a crap ton of studying to do thus weekend so that'll keep me busy. I just saw the map and OMG this game is HUGE. BTW why aren't you looking forward to the wedding?

molnizzle

Speaking of RDR, I was hoping for a digital sale to coincide with the release of GTA V. It's one of my last few games I need to upgrade to digital. Why you failing me, Rockstar?

Laranja

I hear you- completely. My White OG 360 died last week, and luckily my brother knew how important this was and pitched in for a Slim.

Dead consoles right before a game that you've wanted to play for years is always problematic. And the question of buying a new one, with next gen right around the corner complicates the issue.

But for GTA V, you must get a new one!

Oh, GTA V (and a few other games) will manage to drive my attention away from the next generation systems for a while. ;)

I'm actually glad the new consoles are coming out soon, since their launch will probably drive the prices of the PS3 and the 360 down a bit.

You should get a used one off eBay, possibly even one with a broken disc drive to save costs. It'll still be able to play the digital version. I highly doubt they'll drop the PS3's price. You need GTA V!!

ironcreed

Banned
Speaking of RDR, I was hoping for a digital sale to coincide with the release of GTA V. It's one of my last few games I need to upgrade to digital. Why you failing me, Rockstar?

Well, if you pre-order the digital version on PSN you get 75% off other Rockstar titles. Provided you have a PS3, there you go.

sytadel

PS3 or 360 worry is absolutely ridiculous. They'll be pretty much identical, the inevitable analysis will be a dead even heat. It comes down to online, and where your friends are at.

And that map has floored me, I hope I don't die this week because I really, really want to play the greatest game of all time. Metacritic #1 is a given. I'd put everything I have on it, 10's across the board. Yes, the hype is coursing through every vein I have.

Dennis

Banned
So being a scientist, I did a quick scientific study on the NeoGAF GTA V hype levels.

Conclusion: Hype reaching solar-flare level temperatures (10,000,000 Kelvin, p < 0.00001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom