• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V Steam pre-load is live

LilJoka

6pm EDT here in the states. Although, it's been slow since about four hours ago. It started off with 6 hours to go, 24gb later, still has 6 hours to go. And I'm thinking they're calculating this at average speed. Still over 2 days to go, as long as I'm ready for likely shit fest at launch, I'm good.

It would have been 8am EST (12pm GMT) when I grabbed it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If you are going to torrent it, I imagine that people probably put up the encrytped Steam files as well as encrypted RSC files, so you get the one that matches where you purchased from.

LilJoka

if you torrent I guess you just drag and drop the files into the installation folder?

Yep, then open the client it should either download a little more then should complete. Or just will complete instantly.

Take note of the above post too.

SliChillax

Wont torrents be incredibly slow because of leechers? Unless you're using a premium Rapidgator or Uploaded account I don't recommend it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm in a rural area in Ontario and my choice is between DSL providers that all lease lines from Bell.

Ah I see. In Mississauga I get that package for 47$ per month, for 2 years contract which I can back out from any time without extra fees.

roytheone

Yeah may as well. Will be faster and more reliable.

I will probably do this if it turns out my download is corrupted thanks to the bugs in RSC downloader. I already found a torrent that looks good, but I guess that linking to a torrent site is not allowed here, even if that specific torrent isn't piracy.

dodo021

Wont torrents be incredibly slow because of leechers? Unless you're using a premium Rapidgator or Uploaded account I don't recommend it.

I have downloaded the game with a torrent in 3 hours.

Just make sure the files are from the retail version and not from the steam version.

Hip Hop

Has there been word on this mess from Rockstar?

Just to clarify, everyone is being affected by the download speeds minus Steam users?

LilJoka

I will probably do this if it turns out my download is corrupted thanks to the bugs in RSC downloader. I already found a torrent that looks good, but I guess that linking to a torrent site is not allowed here, even if that specific torrent isn't piracy.

File list should have file like this for RSC;
Grand Theft Auto V/x64a.rpf
Grand Theft Auto V/x64w.rpf

Steam uses a different file ending for the main game data.

roytheone

File list should have file like this for RSC;
Grand Theft Auto V/x64a.rpf
Grand Theft Auto V/x64w.rpf

Steam uses a different file ending for the main game data.

Yeah, that is how the file list looks. I will wait and see how my RSC download finishes, but because I have lost progress multiple times already, I am not to confident in that.

Just to clarify, everyone is being affected by the download speeds minus Steam users?
Steam isn't affected and I don't think everyone using Rockstar's client is affected. It seems like the Rockstar client doesn't resume partial downloads very elegantly.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I just noticed this, the Steam version will be available to play at 7PM EST on the 13th eh? That's pretty nice, I wish all digital games would do this.

CHC

Alright y'all I'm ready to hit it come Monday night.

Need to finish this paper though, it's not looking so good in that department.

_woLf

Has anyone preordered the digital version of GTA5 from best buy? Have they sent out the codes already? Their page for it kinda implies that the codes are available now.

Xyber

I just noticed this, the Steam version will be available to play at 7PM EST on the 13th eh? That's pretty nice, I wish all digital games would do this.

Yeah, game goes live for everyone on Steam and Rockstar Warehouse when it's 12 AM in UK.

For us in EU it's not the best though, around midnight on a workday. :p

Dinjoralo

I managed to get everything downloaded last wednesday, when the preloading started. It was pretty slow, but it never completely died,

etta

my hard graphic balls
Alright y'all I'm ready to hit it come Monday night.

Need to finish this paper though, it's not looking so good in that department.

Yea my exams star on the 22nd, This is gonna be pretty hard to ignore. An hour a day shouldn't hurt, though.

Tainted

WW release of the 14th...but due to timezones, when it is the 14th in Aus/NZ it is the 13th in the US

Alot of games do WW simultaneous releases.

Did anyone else get it from GMG?? Didn't redeem my key yet...

Is everything good for you? Kinda wish I just spent the extra money and got the Steam version now judging from these posts...

Jtrizzy

Wow I didn't realize this was unlocking on a Monday instead of Tuesday in the us. Thinking about what region I should try to VPN this from?

Wow I didn't realize this was unlocking on a Monday instead of Tuesday in the us. Thinking about what region I should try to VPN this from?

No region gets it earlier than another. Once it's 4 PM Pacific in the US the game is launched. It's not out any earlier than that anywhere else.

Qassim

It's a worldwide launch. They're releasing it the minute it turns 00:01 Tuesday in the UK all around the world, regardless of time zone. So that means for some timezones it'll still be Monday (e.g. in the US).

Jtrizzy

Thanks for the replies. This is great, as I'd been assuming it came out on Tuesday in the US like most games. I'm going out of town for a week on Tuesday and wasn't going to be able to play it.

I got it through RSC, and it seemed to download fairly quickly (it saturated most of my ~6MB/sec connection). I left it overnight, woke up to the "will unlock in XX hours" message, so it didn't lose connection. This was late last week.

so i purchased it off nuuvem and using the RSC downloader but its so shotty, how do i use a torrent to get my pre load, i do not want the illegal version just want the correct preload files

feel

Can't wait for RSC to finally fuck us Steam users over too come launch day when it fails spectacularly on everyone's activations.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I was watching the PC 60fps video and heard the song, bought it in iTunes, and my god, what a great fucking song. Sends chills down to my core.

I was watching the PC 60fps video and heard the song, bought it in iTunes, and my god, what a great fucking song. Sends chills down to my core.
yeah Rockstar is good at that! Their trailer music is always the best

just started on my 80's electro driving music playlist 8)

etta

my hard graphic balls
yeah Rockstar is good at that! Their trailer music is always the best

just started on my 80's electro driving music playlist 8)

Send me it, please. If it's anything like Lock and Load by MNDR, please, I need more of this in my life. I only listen to a handful of songs, some Bob Dylan, some country by Carrie Underwood, Jewel, and Dave Alvin, and the rest are all classical. Having just discovered this, I would love more similar to it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do you switch from third person to first person with the 360 pad?

Select. You can also configure first-person mode to trigger only in certain cases (e.g. first-person while on foot but third-person when in a vehicle).

Tainted

What is the name of that song in the 60fps trailer ? I tried to Soundhound it, but drew blanks

-edit- nm...just posted above, I need to read :)

Top Bottom