• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grandia 2 Anniversary Edition on August 24, $20 (25% off sale at launch)

BONKERS

I would if I could tweak it D:

The game has a seemingly empty depth buffer. (According to ReShade anyway)

It's the only working DX11 HBAO+ flag there seems to be. (which would imply there is some kind of depth for it to work with..)
I wish I could tweak it haha.

It looks nice in some of these still shots, in others it just looks silly
d6agrandia2201508260530.png

aravuus

Comparison screenshots with no AO? Cause I agree with Antiwhippy and Falk, I think it looks pretty good, although in an odd way I guess

Falk

that puzzling face
It kind of adds comic book edges. It's in a bizarre half-state where if it were sharper and it'd really pop in a stylized, intentional manner and any softer and it'd look more natural with how low poly the modeling is.

Oh well!

Parsnip

Should we have a real OT for this game? Is one needed? Seems weird talking about this in the release date announcement thread now that the game is out.

Any sort of GUI mods for this? Mostly interested in changes to the font. Certainly not a do-or-die problem.

More importantly, when I play in fullscreen at lower resolutions the surface doesn't actually fill the entire display. I'm not talking about the black borders on the sides--I mean it's just a small screen in the center of my monitor. Is this correctable? This only matters on my Surface Pro, which can't handle 2160x1440 without dipping to 20-25 Hz for many scenes which desyncs the dialogue audio from whats on-screen.

Anyway, game is as good as I remember it. Just got Lionman. The new hard mode is appreciated, although with the way it's gone so far I would also approve of an Extra Hard mode since it's still quite easy.

There's a green-haired woman walking around in front of Liligue House 2, before you can get on the Skyway.

DON'T TALK TO HER

She crashes the game. Basically she says something about visitors being great, and Roan says a lot of people have left since the last time he was there... them bam, crash.

Top Bottom