• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 out Nov 24 PAL/NA & Nov 25 JP HOORAY! The good times have arrived!

EagleEyes

I think the premium cars will have real damage and the regular ones will just have scratches and such. Might already be known around here though.

Arucardo

Crap, stumbled across someone selling a G25 for 140eur in good condition and I couldn't resist buying it. Wasting so much money this month :lol .

ruxtpin

Banned
tekken90 just confirmed that obtaining a new car is like catching Pokemon. You have to hold down A + B when you're about to win a car to "own" it.

ruxtpin said:
tekken90 just confirmed that obtaining a new car is like catching Pokemon. You have to hold down A + B when you're about to win a car to "own" it.
The PS3 controller doesn't have an A or B, unless he means a G25/7?

Angst

What the?
s6n1r.jpg

From RDK@gtp (cz?)

Angst

Some on GTP speculate that he bought the game thinking it was the full game. But in fact it's a review copy or something like that.

Further confusion:
l1upI.jpg

look at the age rating on the cover vs on the disc

IcCJb.jpg

Angst

Apparently he was trying to access the museum:

Predwolf :
Hold on, what EXACTLY were you trying to access when that popped up?

RDK:
museum

LabouredSubterfuge said:
The thing that confuses me is that the rear part of the box is very strangely worded.

Yeah that is quite odd. Cars... spark??

And now he says that he gets the same message when trying to access online features...

Two main reasons people are speculating it is a review copy

-Rating doesn't match on the disc and case
-Museum mode says that the feature is not available in "this version" instead of simply locked

Cigol

Angst said:
Apparently he was trying to access the museum
Why has it taken him so long, it'd be one of the first places I'd go and he has had the game for days now. Apparently he hasn't even tried B-Spec... I am lost for words :lol

BeeDog

It could also simply mean that they didn't have time to implement it in the retail version, and that it will be unlocked with a patch further down the line.

Angst said:
Further confusion:
[]http://imgur.com/l1upI.jpg[/IMG]

look at the age rating on the cover vs on the disc

[]http://imgur.com/IcCJb.jpg[/IMG]

Nothing wrong there. It's like that on all games. I believe that's the German rating? It's always on the disk for some reason.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
Nothing wrong there. It's like that on all games. I believe that's the German rating? It's always on the disk for some reason.
ok, I had never seen that before.

And he hasn't tried B-Spec yet he says now.

-viper-

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
i thought the german ratings were also on the front cover?

This isn't a copy that would be released into retail. A game like this would be fully playable for people who have and have not connected their PS3 to PSN.

Wazzim

Banned
BeeDog said:
It could also simply mean that they didn't have time to implement it in the retail version, and that it will be unlocked with a patch further down the line.
Impossible, they would just add it later on but not leave the tab at the menu.

This is really weird, maybe they printed the wrong versions for retail, thousands of discs lying around with the incomplete version of the game. Maybe that's when it got delayed! /foil hat

Xater

Tryckser said:
Enslaved and resistance2 don't have them, Killzone 2 does. So it seems to vary.

If the same disc is sold in German they put the logo on it. If I remeber correctly Resistence 2 was just in English in the UK so of course the USK logo was missing because we got another disc.

That's not a review copy. All review copies of Sony games (in regular packaging) I've seen so far are white discs with red text, no manual and "not for resale" in the barcode box.

-viper-

Banned
Some of my UK games have the USK logo pressed on the disc.

Tekken 6 has the USK on the disc, PEGI logo on the cover.
Resident Evil 5 has the BBFC logo and USK logo on the disc on the disc, BBFC logo only on the cover

Top Bottom