• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 Database Leak Mentions Unreleased DLC and Bully 2

Draugoth

Gold Member
RSG-GTAV-Screenshot_1.webp

A small Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5) database leak seems to indicate both unreleased DLC for the game and Bully 2. As first called out by @billsyliamgta on Twitter, the file contains a string referencing Bully 2. Another Rockstar franchise, the sequel to 2006’s Bully was in active development for over two years before being stopped.

Since then, Rockstar has made no direct mention of the series. However, fans have had hope that a sequel might come eventually, maybe even after GTA 6.

The GTA 5 DLC That Never Was​

Aside from the small reference to Bully 2, the leaked files also make numerous mentions of the Cops N’ Crooks DLC that was never released. The files appear to reference roles that the mode would’ve had such as “Enforcer”, “Soldier”, “Hacker”, and more.

Via Insider Gaming

Bridges

I don't know if a Bully 2 could ever truly exist in today's political climate

Hell, I worry the same for GTA6 to be honest.

Really though, I'd be day 1 for a new Bully game. Absolutely incredible and deserves to be a third pillar alongside GTA and Red Dead

Puscifer

Bully 2 would be something I would be looking foward.
The guy who did the music in the original was hired back at one point, ya know, over 10 years ago. If it hasn't materialized even in the slightest it's not going to happen.

Zimmy68

Sucks to be right.
I knew when idiots were signing over their paychecks to buy cosmetics in GTA Online, DLC was dead.
Boss, can't start on the DLC, too busy counting money.

nkarafo

I remember several discussions about whether or not a certain part of any game can affect other parts when they are unrelated. This goes back to Metroid Prime 2 and it's multiplayer mode. It was an unneeded addition and people rightfully complained, but several others would defend it by saying "it's a completely separate thing, it doesn't affect the single player, just play that". But in the real world, even though the MP mode is indeed separate and you can ignore it, it still took development time, production money and disc space that could be used in the single player game.

The same goes with a similar argument about mobile gaming. 99.9% of it is trash and many gamers like me believe it damages gaming as a whole. But the usual defense is that "console/PC gaming still exists, mobile is a different market, you aren't affected". But that only applies for any new studios that were specifically created to make mobile games. In all other cases, mobile gaming is leaching developers, money and time that could be used elsewhere.

This GTAV leak is a proof of all that. Even though the multiplayer is a completely separate entry from the single player, we see how it got prioritized to the point where the single player game got completely ignored and we had to wait a decade for the next single player entry. I hope people will realize now that things need money and time to be made and these are not infinite resources so every project will affect some other in a small or big way.

Top Bottom