• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

Grief.exe

Man, I just tried to play GTA IV Episodes on the PC again this weekend and it still has serious issues. Whether vanilla or ENB, the performance just isn't smooth even when I'm hitting 60 fps.

Also, icehancer is awful with EFLC.

Max Payne 3, however, ran beautifully on the PC so perhaps a PC port of GTAV could actually be usable. As it stands, I'd rather play GTAIV on PS3 or 360 over the PC version.

I believe GTAV is based on the Max Payne 3 version of that engine which they specifically cleaned up for a smooth PC port.

Here's to hoping that the PC port of GTAV runs as smooth as Max Payne 3...except Social Club, that is complete garbage.

doemaaan

metabanderasps45tuxx.gif

You... ok.. This deserves an applause.
dhMeAzK.gif

So at this point, is a PS4 version all but confirmed?

I'm leaning towards cancelling my preorder if so, especially considering the fact that I'll only be able to play the game for a few days after launch. Might as well just wait if I can expect a next gen version.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I believe GTAV is based on the Max Payne 3 version of that engine which they specifically cleaned up for a smooth PC port.

Here's to hoping that the PC port of GTAV runs as smooth as Max Payne 3...except Social Club, that is complete garbage.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are based on the same technology.

That said, I wonder how much the two really share at this point. It does seem like GTAV has seen massive improvements in its base technology, though so hopefully that will translate into a buttery smooth PC version.

grkazan12

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are based on the same technology.

That said, I wonder how much the two really share at this point. It does seem like GTAV has seen massive improvements in its base technology, though so hopefully that will translate into a buttery smooth PC version.

The other cool possibility for the PC port is the use of SteamWorks for GTA V. I mean they already used it for Max Payne 3 and GFWL is dead and gone at this point.

Can you imagine the endless possibilities if they added Steam Workshop to GTA V, game of the forever at that point.

Cincaid

Going day one on X360 nonetheless. If it'll come to PC at a later date? Great, I'll buy it one more time for that. Easy.

IceMarker

I can't wait to see GTA5 modded on PC, some crazy ENB or rather Textures and other tricks. Enb seem to be weird lately.

And that's what kills me the most about a late PC release, think of all the good free publicity they get from people posting godlike 4k resolution screenshots with insane tweaks.

Out of all the places in the world, the leak about GTA V on PC/PS4 comes from some XML file. Lol yeh, no way i believe this. It will eventually end up on PC/Next Gen but the rumor/leak is fake.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Out of all the places in the world, the leak about GTA V on PC/PS4 comes from some XML file. Lol yeh, no way i believe this. It will eventually end up on PC/Next Gen but the rumor/leak is fake.

Especially since there are better ways to communicate leaked information, e.g., with screenshots or screencasts of the supposedly leaked archives and files.

Lucent

am i the only one who thinks gtav looks good on the current gen consoles? like, fuck all this stuff.

It's not just about the looks. I'm fine with how it looks from what I've seen. It's the limitations of the consoles that keep it from being even better technically. If they ported this to the next-gen consoles they could potentially eliminate pop-in and stuff. And switching characters could possibly even be instant or close to it. Hell, if they left it looking the way it does, they could up the framerate and get rid of all the jaggies.

tensuke

I was going to wait for a price drop, but after seeing the PS4 version, I will wait even with more reasons

We haven't really seen a PS4 version though. I'd just go ahead and get it if you want it now, there's no telling when it'll be out on PC (or next-gen at all). Not until well into 2014, I'd imagine.

DBT85

I do wonder how much exclusivity would have cost Sony in this instance.

I mean, the game is going to sell like crazy on PS3 and 360 months before the PS4 is out. Are Rockstar going to miss out on much money by making the next gen port exclusive? Most anyone who wants it will have bought it already, so the PS4 just covered the few who waited and double dippers. What are we talking? 2 million units? The PS4 will be in its infancy so it's not going to be too much more I wouldn't have thought(guessed).

I have been wondering about GTAV being Sonys big exclusive for a while. Since its not really exclusive, and Rockstar owe Sony something for Agent, and with the PS3 marketing of GTA5 being so prominent.

I still can't see it though.

Prologue

I mean, the game is going to sell like crazy on PS3 and 360 months before the PS4 is out. Are Rockstar going to miss out on much money by making the next gen port exclusive? Most anyone who wants it will have bought it already, so the PS4 just covered the fee who waited and double dippers.

I have been wondering about GTAV being Sonys big exclusive for a while. Since its not really exclusive, and Rockstar owe Sony something for Agent, and with the PS3 marketing of GTA5 being so prominent.

If anything, it will help with the PC investment.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I mean, the game is going to sell like crazy on PS3 and 360 months before the PS4 is out. Are Rockstar going to miss out on much money by making the next gen port exclusive? Most anyone who wants it will have bought it already, so the PS4 just covered the fee who waited and double dippers.

Hasn't it been rumoured that R* paid out what Sony had coughed up for the development of LA Noire, which is why Tretton and co. defer questions asking whether or not the game is still PS-exclusive?

People in the GTA forums have been dumping game files so It could be from them. That said no way would it be ps4 exclusive. If thy are using terms like orbis to describe a ps4 build one of two things immediately springs to mind. Either the Xbox one build is not included because it requires a vastly different set of instructions or orbis is the build for both kits being made on ps4 and ported toX1

Brofist

Man, I just tried to play GTA IV Episodes on the PC again this weekend and it still has serious issues. Whether vanilla or ENB, the performance just isn't smooth even when I'm hitting 60 fps.

Also, icehancer is awful with EFLC.

Max Payne 3, however, ran beautifully on the PC so perhaps a PC port of GTAV could actually be usable. As it stands, I'd rather play GTAIV on PS3 or 360 over the PC version.

What settings? I really never get issues unless I'm trying to max everything out. Unless you are having some other weird stuttering issues. Whatever it is must be pretty terrible if you'd rather play 20 fps and sub 720

maneil99

Can't really say that, Max Payne 3 ran well (70 FPS on a 680) but it was closed, not open ended. I can see it having awful framerate on the PC just like GTA 4

maneil99

Hasn't it been rumoured that R* paid out what Sony had coughed up for the development of LA Noire, which is why Tretton and co. defer questions asking whether or not the game is still PS-exclusive?

Sony Paid for LA Noire and Agent, they still haven't received anything back for Agent as far as we know

ShinMaruku

Yea it's terrible that we want to play it on a platform that will do it justice.

Who's to say it would do it justice? It's base requirements are on 8 year old hardware you'll get a minor bump but nothing massive.
Next gen tools are not mature they don't have it figured out yet.

JaseC

Sony Paid for LA Noire and Agent, they still haven't received anything back for Agent as far as we know

Source? The understanding of the time was that Agent was exclusive because of the many millions Sony had put into LA Noire.

demolitio

No XB1 version? Not that I care as I am getting a PS4 but I know there will be millions of upset XB1 owners

If the next gen version is exclusive to PS4 maybe its because Agent is never going to be released and this is Rockstars way of making it up to Sony?

Well if our Sony insiders on GAF are to be believed, I think Rockstar was hinted at on the exclusives list for PS4 and I believe one also said that the Agent deal isn't dead when someone else brought it up in a thread. I can go looking for it if you want.

So the Agent deal might actually see the light of day and if not, Rockstar was still supposedly on the list so there's got to be a reason for it.

I'm not going to naively say GTAV is next-gen PS4 exclusive nor am I going to say that anyone is stupid to think it would be like someone else said because you just can't possibly know at this point. It's another exclusives war and well...War never changes...

Jezbollah

Re no Xbox One - could it be that the previously documented "ease" in porting PC titles to PS4 means that a little more work needs to be done on an Xbox One version and thus new build?

JaseC

I think we heard about Agent being PS3 exclusive a while before we even heard LA Noire existed.

As far as I'm aware, Agent didn't surface until it was announced at E3 2009 while LA Noire was announced in 2005 (though R* didn't take the reins from Sony until about a year later).

As far as I'm aware, Agent didn't surface until it was announced at E3 2009 while LA Noire was announced in 2005 (though R* didn't take the reins from Sony until about a year later).

He/She's probably thinking of the Agency. There was a lot of confusion for awhile after Agent was announced because of the similarities between their names and the fact that both were supposed to be ps3 exclusive.

Then the Agency got canceled in 2011.

dezzy8

Fuck it. I'll double dip. Not like I haven't done it before. This game deserves to be played on a more powerful platform than what we have.

And I know damn well Rockstar didn't spend 260 million on a ge that's going to be only on 360/ps3/pc.

Edit: these Gifs are fuckin hilarious.

I mean, the game is going to sell like crazy on PS3 and 360 months before the PS4 is out. Are Rockstar going to miss out on much money by making the next gen port exclusive? Most anyone who wants it will have bought it already, so the PS4 just covered the few who waited and double dippers. What are we talking? 2 million units? The PS4 will be in its infancy so it's not going to be too much more I wouldn't have thought(guessed).

I still can't see it either but could this be the 'favour' RockStar signed with Sony all those years ago when Agent was cancelled or that other game (I can't recall the name) went multiplat instead of exclusive to PS3.

Zomba13

That makes me happy I haven't pre-ordered this. I've got too many games at the moment so held off on ordering it but if it's coming to PC or PS4 I'll grab it for one of those.

Top Bottom