• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

Into

Id say the chances of a PS4 version have always been pretty high, since the chances of a PC version are even higher. Considering the architecture this time around, it makes perfect sense.

I would be surprised if a Xbone version did not happen, Rockstar siding with Sony would be odd though i suppose it kinda fits.

I cannot say ill double dip, and i doubt anyone can, before we play the game in a few days. But if it is good then yea ill buy it again

CSX

Im betting that Rockstar will follow their 2k sports brethren and release PC version in early 2014. That will have current gen assets but you can do 1080p hella AA 60 fps, modding , etc.

Then come E3 2014, reveal PS4 (+ XB1?) version with next gen assets and pray that those assets look better than whatever crazy mods gets made for PC version. Release date later 2014

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is a PS4 exclusive (whether completely or for a long tie like 12 months) that unlikely? How much would it have cost MS to get titanfall exclusive for a year?

Radec

Is a PS4 exclusive (whether completely or for a long tie like 12 months) that unlikely? How much would it have cost MS to get titanfall exclusive for a year?

Titalfall (though looks amazing) is still unproven if it can go as high as CoDs and GTAs. So I don't think MS spent too much on it as a timed exclusive.

pnoozi

Banned
I think it has been reasonable to expect a PC version all along, especially as time went on, and Rockstar refused to deny there would be one.

Is anyone else slightly disturbed by the practice of selling people a version of the game they don't really want, then releasing the version they wanted later, so they'll buy it twice?

jfoul

We will definitely see a PC version. The PC version should be easily ported to the PS4 and Xbox One, so why not? Rockstar will soak up the sales on the huge PS3/360 install base. Later on, release the game on PC/PS4/XB1 to pull in the fence sitters and get people to double dip.

I'm waiting for the PC/PS4 release.

Feorax

I'm wondering if a time exclusive is an arrangement to compensate for R* failing to deliver Agent, which I can only assume is dead and buried at this point.

Can't help but feel timed DLC on par with the episodes would have been a better investment than locking down timed exclusivity for this on next gen consoles.

Unless Sony have done both, in which case I tip my hat to them.

Hindle

Banned
This is the Dragon Age and Mirrors Edge situation all over again. No mention of the other platform means a game is exclusive.

Hindle

Banned
I'm thinking the next gen versions will be much more then a port. I wouldn't be surprised if San Fiero and Las Venturas are part of the map, with whole new missions.

I'm thinking the next gen versions will be much more then a port. I wouldn't be surprised if San Fiero and Las Venturas are part of the map, with whole new missions.

no way unless it's a late ass port (we are talking two years) and add the Episodes from Blaine County

Wishful thinking. I find it hard to believe. I could see them being added to GTA Online along with the heavily suggested Liberty City but not to the core title it would serve only to artificially lengthen the games story. Unless they are added via DLC to ps360 builds and all bundles into a episodes from San Andreas style complete pack for next gen and pc

Gold Member
Hmmm I'd take this with a pinch of salt. So easy to just add some XML into to the file to fool everyone.

That said if it does come to PS4, I'm double dipping ;)

teo72

Neo Member
I will probably double dip too, as long as I get to transfer my ps3 savefile over to PS4. Don't want to start over...then again; who would?

Thanks to PS+ the savefile for GTA5 will most likely transfer over to PS4. This will be the case for several high profile games coming out this fall. Battlefield4, Assasins creed 4: black flag are two examples of this.

I for one do not want a PS4 version.

If Rockstar is going to spend the time on a PS4 game, let it be GTA 6!

GTAV will just look like cross gen game, nothing impressive at all.

Are you sure about that?

I am not sure, but look at other cross gen games coming for PS360-PS4one. Nothing impressive at all.
Unless they decide to really focus on using the new PS4 tools to the max...but I doubt they will allocated that much staff on an already released product..

Better focus on GTA 6 IMO

I am not sure, but look at other cross gen games coming for PS360-PS4one. Nothing impressive at all.
Unless they decide to really focus on using the new PS4 tools to the max...but I doubt they will allocated that much staff on an already released product..

Better focus on GTA 6 IMO

Do not listen to this man, Rockstar.

kudoboi

Console:

<PoolName>VehicleUpperLimit</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="60"/>

PC:
<PoolName>VehicleUpperLimit</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="150"/>
Console:
<PoolName>VehicleMaxCreationDistance</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="225"/>
PC:
<PoolName>VehicleMaxCreationDistance</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="285"/>
Console:
<PoolName>MaxTotalPeds</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="100"/>
PC:
<PoolName>MaxTotalPeds</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="200"/>
The only living breathing GTA, is where? :D

Console:
<PoolName>MaxLoadedInfo</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="6000"/>
PC:
<PoolName>MaxLoadedInfo</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="32768"/>
Generational gap really seems to show there.

Console:
<PoolName>Peds</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="110"/>
PC:
<PoolName>Peds</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="256"/>

found this on GTAforums

AngryMoth

Honestly I think I will probably pass on the nextgen version, unless I get really into the online I suppose. Better graphics won't be enough to get me to buy a game again when I've played it recently.

Nokterian

metabanderasps45tuxx.gif

damn-good-stuff-sir.gif

sublimit

Banned
I know it makes sense from a bussiness standpoint to buy GTA exclusivity (timed or otherwise) but personally i wouldn't want Sony to go down this route.Something like that would cost huge amounts of money that could be better spend building more first party studios IMO.

One of the reasons Sony has the advantage over MS this gen in terms of first party studios and IPs is because they didn't went down the exclusive route in the previous gen (like MS did).

Dennis

Banned
GTA V coming to PS4 but not Xbone and the reason cited being that Xbone is underpowered compared to PS4/PC would the funniest shit ever.

Top Bottom