• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V : Getting Ready for the Next Generation in Los Santos

Cincaid

Bought a 970 in anticipation for this to arrive on PC, I'm so fucking pumped. Just a shame PC will have to wait 2 more months, but oh well. :)

MMaRsu

Banned
Anybody who still has the last gen version, can you help me login to r* social club for me so I can get the welcome back bonusses? Ive already played through the game on ps3 but never connected online...

Here is a "little" something I wrote in March for some co workers that were wanting to get into GTA:Online. Discalimer - This was written for people I work with that were JUST getting in to GTA, some don't play games all that often. You may know almost everything on here, but I was still learning new tricks hundreds of hours in, so you may too. This was written for PS3 players, but I tried to make additions to include 360ers and Xboners as well. Also, despite it being written originally back in March, some info might be out dated, and I updated it as best as I could. But that is why I left comments on, because I *know* there are likely mistakes there. I haven't really done much in my Google Drive, so I hope this all works as it should. Enjoy!

GTA: Online tips for the new and old alike :D
That was brilliant Baron, I found it incredibly helpful - thank you! :)

Acorn

Preordered digital edition since this is one of those games I'd never sell.

Downloading (slowly god damn Psn) now.

Here is a "little" something I wrote in March for some co workers that were wanting to get into GTA:Online. Discalimer - This was written for people I work with that were JUST getting in to GTA, some don't play games all that often. You may know almost everything on here, but I was still learning new tricks hundreds of hours in, so you may too. This was written for PS3 players, but I tried to make additions to include 360ers and Xboners as well. Also, despite it being written originally back in March, some info might be out dated, and I updated it as best as I could. But that is why I left comments on, because I *know* there are likely mistakes there. I haven't really done much in my Google Drive, so I hope this all works as it should. Enjoy!

Also, folks that played at release but left rather shortly after may be curious what DLC has been patched into the game since release -- what new online modes there are, new cars available, etc.

Beach Bum Content Update(Nov '13)
"It contains 4 beach-themed vehicles, 2 weapons, many new beach-themed clothes (e.g. shorts), 4 new haircuts (2 male and 2 female), new tattoos, and 30+ multiplayer jobs."

Content Creator Update (Dec '13)
"Adds a Map Creator that allows you to make content or 'maps' for Race and Deathmatch modes."

Valentine's Day Massacre Special (Feb '14)
"It includes multiple 1920s mob-styled content: A new weapon (the Gusenberg Sweeper), a new vehicle (the Albany Roosevelt), multiple vintage clothing, a Flapper Bob hairstyle for female characters, a new action in the interaction menu (Blow Kiss), and 10 new jobs."

Content Creator Update #2 (April '14)
"Added Capture mode to the Map Creator."

Business Pack (May '14)
"2 new guns, 4 new vehicles, and lots of new business attire and tattoos."

The High Life Update (May '14)
"1 new gun, 4 new vehicles, and 12 new Jobs. Also added Mental States to MP: your mini-map icon changes colour depending on how passively you play or how aggressively you kill other players; killing an aggressive player is worth more exp."

I'm Not a Hipster Update (June '14)
"2 new weapons, 7 new vehicles, 12 new Jobs, 3 new Gang Attacks, and lots of new 'hipster' clothing and tattoos."

Independence Day Special (July '14)
"2 new guns, 2 new vehicles, 17 new Jobs, and a bunch of holiday themed clothing."

The San Andreas Flight School Update (August '14)
"4 new vehicles, 17 new Jobs, and new parachutes and a flight suit."

The Last Team Standing Update
"2 new guns, 3 new vehicles, 10 new Jobs, and a few new combat themed clothing items. Last Team Standing mode added to the Map Creator."

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves

Also, folks that played at release but left rather shortly after may be curious what DLC has been patched into the game since release -- what new online modes there are, new cars available, etc.

Beach Bum Content Update(Nov '13)
"It contains 4 beach-themed vehicles, 2 weapons, many new beach-themed clothes (e.g. shorts), 4 new haircuts (2 male and 2 female), new tattoos, and 30+ multiplayer jobs."

Content Creator Update (Dec '13)
"Adds a Map Creator that allows you to make content or 'maps' for Race and Deathmatch modes."

Valentine's Day Massacre Special (Feb '14)
"It includes multiple 1920s mob-styled content: A new weapon (the Gusenberg Sweeper), a new vehicle (the Albany Roosevelt), multiple vintage clothing, a Flapper Bob hairstyle for female characters, a new action in the interaction menu (Blow Kiss), and 10 new jobs."

Content Creator Update #2 (April '14)
"Added Capture mode to the Map Creator."

Business Pack (May '14)
"2 new guns, 4 new vehicles, and lots of new business attire and tattoos."

The High Life Update (May '14)
"1 new gun, 4 new vehicles, and 12 new Jobs. Also added Mental States to MP: your mini-map icon changes colour depending on how passively you play or how aggressively you kill other players; killing an aggressive player is worth more exp."

I'm Not a Hipster Update (June '14)
"2 new weapons, 7 new vehicles, 12 new Jobs, 3 new Gang Attacks, and lots of new 'hipster' clothing and tattoos."

Independence Day Special (July '14)
"2 new guns, 2 new vehicles, 17 new Jobs, and a bunch of holiday themed clothing."

The San Andreas Flight School Update (August '14)
"4 new vehicles, 17 new Jobs, and new parachutes and a flight suit."

The Last Team Standing Update
"2 new guns, 3 new vehicles, 10 new Jobs, and a few new combat themed clothing items. Last Team Standing mode added to the Map Creator."

Great stuff guys, appreciate it. Should be a part of the upcoming OT tbh.

Top Bottom