• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trusted GTA 6 insider claims official reveal is coming "soon"

Stafford

Yeah man, it's totally not a GTA game unless Rockstar blatantly disparages trans and gay people as well as women. Fuck them for even thinking about dialing it down a little.....

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but GTA's satirical humor is overrated for the most part. It was amusing as a 13 year old but I kind of just rolled my eyes by the time GTA V came out. The game just bludgeoned you over the head with unoriginal and low brow satirical jokes that rarely landed

I know Rockstar makes fun of all groups of people but they've been quite vicious towards the gay and trans community. To be upset they may dial it back a bit just shows your homo/transphobia
Nowhere am I saying it's not a GTA game without it. Vicious towards gays and trans? Except...not really? And of course you had to go there, kindly fuck off with that nonsense about homo and or transphobia. Perhaps I can take a joke? Thought of that? Let's see, what else.....

Where's the joke in "why hasn't someone shot you yet", "you make my skin crawl" or "you really suck"?

IDK, it just seems hateful to me. Especially when you are talking about a group of people that are much more likely to be violently attacked than the rest of the population. Not to mention the insane suicide rates. Maybe dialing the LGBTQ jokes back is the sensible thing to do?

Ah, and now I see what you're doing and if anything it's you that has an agenda, lmao.

Those quotes you mentioned are nothing but optional interactions you can have as Michael in the game and this can be done towards ANYONE in the game world. You can respond kind, you can respond unkind and that's when the protagonists start talking shit. I've played this game for many hours and I believe the actual quote is "why hasn't somebody sensible shot you yet?", the others are correct.

I honestly have never even seen a specific person that you'd call gay or trans, not in the singleplayer mode. They probably are there, I just never noticed, nor did I start looking for it.

So you are now just making stuff up. Because again, not once in this game does any of the protagonists say this to anyone in cutscenes, these are merely player controlled interactions with a press of a button and can be done to truly any NPC that walks around in this game world.

Why do you make stuff up to make it look like Rockstar was really bashing gay and or trans people? Seriously, I'm starting to believe you never played it, and just by chance saw a clip where the player happened to have used this interaction towards a gay or trans person and you go all "OMFG" and didn't realise this is a interaction you can do to all of the NPCs, which are tons. If not.....

Do tell. Also, good luck.

Last edited:

Stafford

Where's the joke in "why hasn't someone shot you yet", "you make my skin crawl" or "you really suck"?

IDK, it just seems hateful to me. Especially when you are talking about a group of people that are much more likely to be violently attacked than the rest of the population. Not to mention the insane suicide rates. Maybe dialing the LGBTQ jokes back is the sensible thing to do?

Aaaaaand....nothing but crickets.

As I expected.

Top Bottom