• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V has gone gold.

Dmented

Banned
Yeah, it's called "Photoshop".

It's actually called "Google", a place where you can look things up. Such as if you can hack in achievements (which it seems you can) or look up a person's Gamertag and see that this guy does indeed have the GTAV achievements, including the online ones.

lemmykoopa

Will buy the inevitable PS4 port. GTA 4 was already a blurry graphical mess on the PS3, not interested in playing 5 which seems to be even bigger in scope on the PS3. It will look very rough.

MormaPope

Banned
2J7CH1h.jpg

How in the fuck could someone get 1000/1000 in GTA V when there are multiplayer achievements and online play isn't launching until October 1st?

Oh, right. They probably have a hacked 360 where they give themselves achievements, like the other countless people that have done the same exact thing. Use your noggins people.

Tohsaka

Will buy the inevitable PS4 port. GTA 4 was already a blurry graphical mess on the PS3, not interested in playing 5 which seems to be even bigger in scope on the PS3. It will look very rough.

All the footage Rockstar has shown so far has been from the PS3 version, and it doesn't look rough at all.

How in the fuck could someone get 1000/1000 in GTA V when there are multiplayer achievements and online play isn't launching until October 1st?

Oh, right. They probably have a hacked 360 where they give themselves achievements, like the other countless people that have done the same exact thing. Use your noggins people.

Wouldn't you need the actual game files in order for the achievements to be hacked in?

Or is it more a case of someone creating a fake set of achievements and then said users downloading it?

MormaPope

Banned
Wouldn't you need the actual game files in order for the achievements to be hacked in?

Or is it more a case of someone creating a fake set of achievements and then said users downloading it?

I've seen some hacked gamertags that have some obscure/imported games with 1000/1000. I doubt you need the actual game to manipulate what games show up on the list of played games.

Ridesh

Banned

Exactly.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=GTA LEGEND 97

He got all the achievements in one day.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Have you got a source for that? GTAIV was a disaster (IMO) on the PS3 and I'm still undecided on which version to get.

The game was demoed on PS3?

Yep.

And, of course, the single-player demo we saw was also demoed on PS3. Is PS3 your lead platform?

Not really. This is probably the first game we've done where both platforms have been running in parallel. There's very, very little difference in the development state of them both. They're both very similar. It would be hard to tell them apart.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...north-president-leslie-benzies-on-gta-online/

MormaPope

Banned
Would this game have the cheat codes?

I'd assume dialing numbers on the cell phone will unlock cheats again. The system is fantastic, feels like The Matrix in execution. Problem with GTA IV codes is there aren't that many and there aren't incredibly interesting ones.

Hopefully GTA V has more bizarre cheats.

Mistah

I'd assume dialing numbers on the cell phone will unlock cheats again. The system is fantastic, feels like The Matrix in execution. Problem with GTA IV codes is there aren't that many and there aren't incredibly interesting ones.

GTA IV was more serious then fun.

If you see at the achievements of gta V you will see that there will be some bizarre stuff ;p so I think there will be bizarre cheats also :)

"All Dog Pedestrians"
+
"Pedestrians Attack"

Dabanton

IV was a disaster on the PS3? Really?

I think anyone calling it a 'disaster' would be acting beyond hyperbolic. But if you're a resolution whore (and many on GAF are) it was below the 360 version same as RDR.

Of course if you only have a PS3 then you won't really care. Well you will but will soon forget about it.

GQman2121

Banned
It really wasnt, at least compared to other console versions.
But hyperbole always prevails.

I think anyone calling it a 'disaster' would be acting beyond hyperbolic. But if you're a resolution whore (and many on GAF are) it was below the 360 version same as RDR.

Of course if you only have a PS3 then you won't really care. Well you will but will soon forget about it.

I'm aware. I have the platinum trophy and played both expansions on the PS3. Shadows were blurry and the colors were not as vivid as I've seen on the PC, but the game was very much playable and incredibly enjoyable.

Hyperbole to the max to call it a disaster.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm going 360 on this game since open world games just seem to be a little better on that platform. Beside, all my other upcoming game purchases are on the PS3

Ballistik

With a bad DVD drive on my 360 (Plus recently expired Gold), and overheating issues on PS3, I'm going to have to sit this one out. :/

Alienous

With a bad DVD drive on my 360, and overheating issues on PS3, I'm going to have to sit this one out. :/

No you will not.

I purchased another PS3, all for this bad boy, as my current one is showing signs of failure.

Nothing stops this damn hype train, CJ.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm not paying for Live. That's the reason why i bought the PS3 version.

With such a release like this, wouldn't smaller stores typically get their copies very close to release?

Presumably if we can assume that the smaller stores are more likely to leak, then so can the publishers.

It depends on when Rockstar wanted the game to leave the warehouses. There is a big chance that after this preload leak they maybe rethinking their strategy and going to ship copies to stores closer to the street date.

Speaking of which version I'm getting. I think it will be the 360 version just because that is where all my friends will be playing. The one disc and back to playing GTA on a dualshock controller is tempting though. Maybe I will gamefly if there are big differences.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just seen an intro video which looks to be very real. If it's not the guy did a very good job faking.

Yerolo

I remember the days when 'gone gold' announcements happened before release date announcements therefore were pretty huge....now its just confirmation that a game wont be delayed :)

I'm actually confident Rockstar has mastered the Cell. It will be glorious.
Please be true.

I predict it will be less-than-impressive visually, and performance will be hit and miss; but I also suspect it will at the very least top PS3 RDR in visuals and performance (possibly by a wide margin) which would be a-okay with me.

As long as it looks "good" and runs "fine," we're in for a treat. I don't think there's any question about that.

Top Bottom